Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

That's a load of s**** like, Mitrovic's best quality is his link up play and how he brings others into the game. It's debatable that he'd be better if he was more of a 'plays for himself' striker, like Gayle :lol: Mitrovic isn't ruthless enough, he cannot play on the toes of the defenders like Gayle can, that's his problem.

Joselu might run around like a headless chicken more than him like, I bet the team love him for it.

EDIT: I mean 'he plays for himself' is a bit of a misnomer anyway. The vast majority of players will want personal glory, it's not just the obvious unashamed ones like Ronaldo and Neymar. If Joselu doesn't want to be the star man then, as the main striker, that's actually a canny big problem :lol:

You want your number 9 to be unforgiving and greedy (within reason obviously), to be picking the ball up and walking to the penalty spot. You want him to be shouting at his midfielders for not spotting his runs etc.

11 starts last season. 4 goals, 6 assists. Selfish cunt.

In a much inferior league.  Scored 1 goal in 7 months, but he's a fantastic striker because he's a mad bastard.

Wasn’t he also injured and barely playing for those 7 months?

Not like Neesy to talk shit mind.

Neither of our other strikers look like scoring, he’s got a much better record than them this season despite barely getting on the field. No idea how anyone can even try and dispute that he should be on the pitch.

A few games ago aye, but if Gayle is fit then why should Mitrovic be starting ahead of him?

Probably because Gayle hasn’t scored a goal all season.

It’s also very questionable if he is fit and will remain fit. Fwiw I’d have Gayle and Mitro playing together, so neither would start ahead of each other so to speak.

Guest neesy111

Rubbish that. :lol:

He's no worse than the other two, had a good pre-season and scored a couple before the suspension and is the one who has scope to improve.

He's no better either.  All of them are not good enough imo, though I do think the midfield is getting off lightly in terms of the chances they aren't providing for our forward players as well.

He's got a better scoring record than Joselu I'm pretty sure, plus he has a load more self belief IMO. Like I said in the other thread, I don't even expect him to start every game, but he should be used when the other strikers are patently failing.

He should be ahead of Perez in terms of being brought on, I'd have Perez in the reserves tbh absolutely sick of his non-performances.

But I think anyone he starts for us upfront will be a massive struggle for them because of the way we are set-up and the lack of a decent number 10.

Personally I think the two main strikers should be Gayle and Mitro because they are far more likely to look for goal than either Joselu or Perez.

That would mean Rafa abandoning his formation, I don't get this Gayle playing in the No 10 role as I think he's much more suited to leading the line.

Rubbish that. :lol:

He's no worse than the other two, had a good pre-season and scored a couple before the suspension and is the one who has scope to improve.

He's no better either.  All of them are not good enough imo, though I do think the midfield is getting off lightly in terms of the chances they aren't providing for our forward players as well.

He's got a better scoring record than Joselu I'm pretty sure, plus he has a load more self belief IMO. Like I said in the other thread, I don't even expect him to start every game, but he should be used when the other strikers are patently failing.

He should be ahead of Perez in terms of being brought on, I'd have Perez in the reserves tbh absolutely sick of his non-performances.

But I think anyone he starts for us upfront will be a massive struggle for them because of the way we are set-up and the lack of a decent number 10.

Personally I think the two main strikers should be Gayle and Mitro because they are far more likely to look for goal than either Joselu or Perez.

That would mean Rafa abandoning his formation, I don't get this Gayle playing in the No 10 role as I think he's much more suited to leading the line.

I meant those two should be front of the line for the role of lone striker. Who plays the no 10 position is another discussion, probably Perez is the only option currently.

Blatantly obvious. :lol:  If it was blatantly obvious he'd be in the team, the manager isn't stupid.

Also, Rafa only had 1 tactical sub yesterday as we got 2 injuries, I do agree he should had brought on someone different than Perez though.

How is that statement funny? It is blatantly obvious that he should be getting a chance. He's third choice striker and the other two aren't scoring goals. Rafa is an intelligent manager but that doesn't make him immune to making wrong decisions.

He also sees things that you don't see, whether on match days or on non-match days.

Wouldnt harm trying Joselu and Mitro up front. Mitro would benefit from having someone alongside him in a 4-4-2 as opposed to him being the lone striker. Joselu reminds me of a Leon Best type player some one to take the hits against CB's for the opposition if we used him for that Mitro would less likely get radge over getting roughed up and is possibly a better bet to score atm. He seems to do alright when he is playing for his National side and he has two other forwards with him in a 4-3-3. But cannot see Rafa changing his formation. Obvs he cannot trust Mitro even last year in the Champo he shouldve got a bit more game time to build his confidence up. Probably better he leaves in January but until then give him a shot!

Blatantly obvious. :lol:  If it was blatantly obvious he'd be in the team, the manager isn't stupid.

Also, Rafa only had 1 tactical sub yesterday as we got 2 injuries, I do agree he should had brought on someone different than Perez though.

How is that statement funny? It is blatantly obvious that he should be getting a chance. He's third choice striker and the other two aren't scoring goals. Rafa is an intelligent manager but that doesn't make him immune to making wrong decisions.

He also sees things that you don't see, whether on match days or on non-match days.

Aye. He's definitely seeing things I don't see if he thinks Joselu is the answer.

All that's genuinely relevant in football is what happens on a match day. He might be Neymar-esque in training but when he consistently hits the ball with less power than my nan on a Saturday it counts for nothing.

When the Strawberry corner sang his name it stonewall guaranteed he'd get no pitch time.

Rafa would rather weaken the team by bringing shit on than be told his business.

He said he brought on Perez in order to make some runs.

Had he said that he brought on Mitro to launch long balls at him, he would have also been criticised for it.

Aye. He's definitely seeing things I don't see if he thinks Joselu is the answer.

All that's genuinely relevant in football is what happens on a match day. He might be Neymar-esque in training but when he consistently hits the ball with less power than my nan on a Saturday it counts for nothing.

So basically you're seeing faults in a player. The same thing can be said about Mitrovic.

I'm guessing Rafa thinks that Joselu is more reliable in maintaining discipline and team cohesion - which is Rafa's first priority.

So basically you're seeing faults in a player. The same thing can be said about Mitrovic.

I'm guessing Rafa thinks that Joselu is more reliable in maintaining discipline and team cohesion - which is Rafa's first priority.

Aye, but my original post was saying Mitrovic is overdue a chance, which isn't an unfair statement considering his goal record is better in the premier league than the two strikers in front of him and we've failed to score in the last couple of games. It's hard to make an argument for Joselu offering better "team cohesion" anyway when we haven't really had any cohesion in an attacking sense lately. 

Aye, but my original post was saying Mitrovic is overdue a chance, which isn't an unfair statement considering his goal record is better in the premier league than the two strikers in front of him and we've failed to score in the last couple of games. It's hard to make an argument for Joselu offering better "team cohesion" anyway when we haven't really had any cohesion in an attacking sense lately. 

This is my view as well. No one is saying that Mitrovic should be an automatic starter, but Joselu is hardly good enough to be getting the nod every week. If you're not performing you should be replaced, and Joselu hasn't performed in his last few games.

This is my view as well. No one is saying that Mitrovic should be an automatic starter, but Joselu is hardly good enough to be getting the nod every week. If you're not performing you should be replaced, and Joselu hasn't performed in his last few games.

Mitrovic came on for Joselu against Palace at home. We were winning 1-0 and it was almost full time. We had the ball down the Palace end of the pitch and for no good, useful or logical reason Mitrovic grab one of their players and threw him to the floor and gave away a utterly pointless freekick. Its actions like this for why he isn't playing now I believe. Don't think he's had any minutes since that action.

i think part of its down to wages. Ger him and mbemba of wage bill by not playing them so they are so fed up they leave. Joselu chance to be on half what mitro is on and probably the same for manquillo and mbemba

Sounds absolutely ridiculous but there could actually be some truth in that. The main issue though is a lack of trust Rafa obviously has with Mitro and Mbemba (in a different aspect i.e. following instructions).

Yeah, I mean, the amount of time Rafa and his team spend on spreadsheets with a descending sort of player's names based on wages is astronomical. Word has it if he cuts the top 5 earners from the team, Ashley figures out Brexit.

Rafa has to put aside whatever issues he has with Mitro because right now, unlike with Collback, he looks in the wrong for ignoring our only goalscoring striker and sticking with Joselu and Gayle.

Goalscoring striker? I take it you're are referring to th8s season only?