Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

Not that surprised really. He's not being judged as a striker, more for his work as a team player. He does put himself about, just useless in front of goal.

He was disgraceful on Saturday, didn't 'put himself about' at all. Rafa saying that has to be him not trying to wilt his confidence even further. It's already shot to pieces.

Guest firetotheworks

Not sure how anyone can really be so sure on their judgement of Mitrovic. When was the last time he got a run of 5-10 starts which all strikers need? Think he can absolutely be better than Gayle & obviously Joselu, but he hasn't had a look in and some fans have written him off anyway by the sounds of it.

Daft really. Keep hearing Gayle is better for us but unless you play to his very limited strengths, which we don't (we play lofted balls forward & deep crossed into the box very often) then Mitrovic is the best option for us all day long. Which is why some won't stop harping on about him starting.

Another thing is, Gayle and Joselu have confidence issues, their heads go down so easily. Mitrovic has been treat like shit here and yet he still looks brimming with confidence and positivity when he eventually makes it onto the pitch.

You need to not get yourself banned to make it to 5-10 starts, like. Not to mention his 29 appearances last season where he was useless. He should be getting more chances than he is, there's no denying that, but this whole idea that he hasn't had chances or that he's been really hard done to is pure nonsense like. He simply hasn't performed when he's had chances, and he's limited his own chances by not performing and/or getting himself banned. I mean he's a striker and at the age of 23 he's been suspended due to yellow and red cards 12 times in 5 seasons. That's 1 less than Sergio Ramos in the same amount of time and it's completely indefensible. For whatever reason, some people overlook that or romanticise it, but to me he's just been a pure knacker that's needed to grow up.

Completely useless last season, wow - KI taking ‘shit posting’ to a new level.

He played and scored reasonably well in the first half of the season considering he was consistently rotated in and out of the team, he theb got injured in January and wasn’t as good following that.

Not sure how ‘completely useless’ he was at Preston or in the home cup game against the same opponents, two games off the top of my head.

He’s also had one ban in the last 18 months, so not that many at all recently. His general performances have been less angry too and there has undoubtedly been a change in him.

That is before we even start to consider his form for Serbia.

Not that surprised really. He's not being judged as a striker, more for his work as a team player. He does put himself about, just useless in front of goal.

He puts himself about? I take it you didn’t watch him get knocked off the ball all day on Saturday then? He was absolutely weak as piss.

By puts himself about, I didn't just mean batter defenders physically, I meant running off the ball, tracking back and so on. I'm not a fan, I've said many times on here that he lacks any sort of self belief in front of goal. I'm just trying to be objective and see it from Rafa's POV. He obviously likes whatever else he brings to the team as it's clearly not goals.

Not sure how anyone can really be so sure on their judgement of Mitrovic. When was the last time he got a run of 5-10 starts which all strikers need? Think he can absolutely be better than Gayle & obviously Joselu, but he hasn't had a look in and some fans have written him off anyway by the sounds of it.

Daft really. Keep hearing Gayle is better for us but unless you play to his very limited strengths, which we don't (we play lofted balls forward & deep crossed into the box very often) then Mitrovic is the best option for us all day long. Which is why some won't stop harping on about him starting.

Another thing is, Gayle and Joselu have confidence issues, their heads go down so easily. Mitrovic has been treat like s*** here and yet he still looks brimming with confidence and positivity when he eventually makes it onto the pitch.

You need to not get yourself banned to make it to 5-10 starts, like. Not to mention his 29 appearances last season where he was useless. He should be getting more chances than he is, there's no denying that, but this whole idea that he hasn't had chances or that he's been really hard done to is pure nonsense like. He simply hasn't performed when he's had chances, and he's limited his own chances by not performing and/or getting himself banned. I mean he's a striker and at the age of 23 he's been suspended due to yellow and red cards 12 times in 5 seasons. That's 1 less than Sergio Ramos in the same amount of time and it's completely indefensible. For whatever reason, some people overlook that or romanticise it, but to me he's just been a pure knacker that's needed to grow up.

You talk about his 29 appearances in the Championship (it was actually 25) & his suspensions. He started 11 matches, scored 4, assisted 6. Pretty good return that like. Oh and he didn't get a red card once.

You can frame it however you like but you're talking nonsense really. You say he hasn't been able to make 5-10 starts because he gets banned? In well over 2 years he's been banned 4 times, not ideal yes, but you're blowing it way out of proportion to suit your narrative there. As for him not performing, perceive what you will but it's clear you don't like him so your judgement probably isn't going to be reflective of the reality anyway.

I think the suspension he got this season you'll not see another like that all season, similar to the Cool red against Sunderland. That was reputation based and it was really nothing.

He clearly elbowed him in the head for no reason :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Completely useless last season, wow - KI taking ‘shit posting’ to a new level.

6 goals in 29 appearances. I stand corrected, give him the armband.

He played and scored reasonably well in the first half of the season considering he was consistently rotated in and out of the team, he theb got injured in January and wasn’t as good following that.

He wasn't even in the squad for the first 6 weeks, again partly because of his discipline, he then scored 3 times in 13 appearances before he was injured. That's not reasonably well. Granted some of his appearances were 10 minutes here and there, but when the alternative in Gayle was banging them in, there's no argument imo.

Not sure how ‘completely useless’ he was at Preston or in the home cup game against the same opponents, two games off the top of my head.

Forgive me for not basing my review of his entire season on two matches against Preston. I'm not going to ignore his poor goal return and consistent sitter-missing ways because of a couple of decent performances. He also started the next match after that, so he was given the chance then.

He’s also had one ban in the last 18 months, so not that many at all recently. His general performances have been less angry too and there has undoubtedly been a change in him.

Agreed, but it doesn't help that that ban was very recent and incredibly needless. Coming on and going in daftly on an opponent when we were 3-0 and absolutely cruising.

That is before we even start to consider his form for Serbia.

Agreed, but stating the obvious, we're not Serbia, we play in a different way because of the players we have, so although it's a fair point it's also moot.

Guest firetotheworks

Another thing is, Gayle and Joselu have confidence issues, their heads go down so easily. Mitrovic has been treat like s*** here and yet he still looks brimming with confidence and positivity when he eventually makes it onto the pitch.

You talk about his 29 appearances in the Championship (it was actually 25) & his suspensions. He started 11 matches, scored 4, assisted 6. Pretty good return that like. Oh and he didn't get a red card once.

You can frame it however you like but you're talking nonsense really. You say he hasn't been able to make 5-10 starts because he gets banned? In well over 2 years he's been banned 4 times, not ideal yes, but you're blowing it way out of proportion to suit your narrative there. As for him not performing, perceive what you will but it's clear you don't like him so your judgement probably isn't going to be reflective of the reality anyway.

You talk about his 29 appearances in the Championship (it was actually 25) & his suspensions.

No I didn't, it clearly says '29 appearances' I didn't specify the Championship.

He started 11 matches, scored 4, assisted 6. Pretty good return that like. Oh and he didn't get a red card once.

None of that is anything to hang your hat on, like. It's the same return that Daryl Murphy got in 7 starts. He didn't play because Gayle was better. I lost count of the amount of sitters he missed in matches where he came on or where he started.

You can frame it however you like but you're talking nonsense really. You say he hasn't been able to make 5-10 starts because he gets banned? In well over 2 years he's been banned 4 times, not ideal yes, but you're blowing it way out of proportion to suit your narrative there.

:lol: Sorry, I'm 'framing' 4 bans in 2 years and I'm blowing it way out of proportion? It's right there, banned 4 times in 2 years, compare that record with any player you like and it's still indefensible. I'm not exaggerating, that's simply how many times he's been banned.

As for him not performing, perceive what you will but it's clear you don't like him so your judgement probably isn't going to be reflective of the reality anyway.

Ask yourself which came first, me not liking him, or him not performing.

I completely admit that I absolute hate the mind-boggling affection for him considering his ability and his antics like. I've never hidden that, but don't insinuate that I disliked him from the start because that's presumptuous nonsense that you've just pulled out of nowhere as a new member.

He was disgraceful on Saturday, didn't 'put himself about' at all. Rafa saying that has to be him not trying to wilt his confidence even further. It's already shot to pieces.

Shouldn't say (paraphrased) "If we don't pay £15-£20 million for a striker then we don't get quality, and we didn't get quality." then :lol:

He had almost a goal or assist a game in his starts like.

FWIW, I do think Newcastle United can get a better striker than Mitrovic, and I would very likely replace him if given the option even though I do really like him. As things stand though, he is clearly the best striker on our books. Beggars belief to think otherwise. It doesn't mean he's a world class striker, just that he's the best we've got.

FWIW, I do think Newcastle United can get a better striker than Mitrovic, and I would very likely replace him if given the option even though I do really like him. As things stand though, he is clearly the best striker on our books. Beggars belief to think otherwise. It doesn't mean he's a world class striker, just that he's the best we've got.

Don't see how you can say he's clearly better than Gayle

Less minutes played per goal/assist in the PL. Also doing well for himself as a full international.

Gayle also has his history in the PL working against him. He's been here many times and failed each time.

Less minutes played per goal/assist in the PL. Also doing well for himself as a full international.

Gayle has never played the majority of a season in the PL as a first choice striker iirc. He also should have two in his last three games but for a wrong decision from a linesman. The international thing isn't really relevant as Mitro wouldn't get in the England squad either and Gayle would get in the Serbia squad

If Mitrovic started the next 11 games and got 4 goals and 6 assists, would any of you be displeased? Because he is easily capable of that and his record proves it in whatever league or team he's played in, that's a fact.

Similarly, if Gayle started the next 11 games and got 4 goals and 6 assists I think he would be praised to the rafters. Hence the problem I see when people are quick to complain about Mitrovic with the idea that Gayle is clearly superior. It's much closer than that, yet anyone that praises Mitrovic is just being blindly affectionate, apparently.

If Mitrovic started the next 11 games and got 4 goals and 6 assists, would any of you be displeased? Because he is easily capable of that and his record proves it in whatever league or team he's played in, that's a fact.

Similarly, if Gayle started the next 11 games and got 4 goals and 6 assists I think he would be praised to the rafters. Hence the problem I see when people are quick to complain about Mitrovic with the idea that Gayle is clearly superior. It's much closer than that, yet anyone that praises Mitrovic is just being blindly affectionate, apparently.

Given he only got 4 assists in the entirety of 2015/16 in the PL, that "fact" is clearly bullshit

Given he only got 4 assists in the entirety of 2015/16 in the PL, that "fact" is clearly bullshit

22 starts, 9 goals, 4 assists. That's him being involved in a goal more than every other game. It's actually an even better record than his decent 16/17 record. I'd take that all day and I'd be surprised if Gayle or Joselu could better it this season.

Guest firetotheworks

Gayle also has his history in the PL working against him. He's been here many times and failed each time.

I dunno where you've pulled that one from or if I've made a huge oversight, but as far as I'm aware Gayle's been in the Premier League with one other club and made 27 starts with them, before his 5 starts with us, that's 32 matches he's started and he's scored 16 goals. Mitrovic has 30 starts and he's scored 10 goals. For all Mitrovic's international form with another team to point to, there's Gayle's form with us in Championship to point to.

You can make an argument for whoever, but it's hardly beggars belief if you prefer Gayle.

He was our main striker when we got relegated. Much though I'd prefer him to be starting ahead of Joselu, he's not guaranteed to do any better this time round.

Guest firetotheworks

It isn't hard to see how warped the stats are when they suggest Mitrovic could directly be involved in 10 goals in our next 11 like.

Exactly [emoji38] as if just happens 11 matches in a row in the way it's presented.