Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

I haven't lost hope. His fundamentals are ok. He's got a half decent touch and can strike the ball. He just looks lost - like he's not sure what his role is or where he should be. A lot of the time he's marked out of the game or he's making stupid impossible runs to try and find half a yard of space. He needs to have more movement around him and just let him be the poacher he can be. He's just not going to be able to do that until he has time and space to latch on to half-chances. We're not going to get those half-chances until we've got more movement from the midfield breaking the defensive line.

When our attacking play in general, as a team, improves then so will his performances.

:thup:

the lack of options are making his selection more and more painful you are getting almost anothe midfield player with his hold up play and no goal threat shame he has to be pressured to score goals but we didnt spend 13 plus million on him to take up a squad place and add zero threat we have enough in 10 other positions for that

It's not his fault like, but patience is well and truly lost. Nowhere near ready for this level, and potentially never will be.

What, specifically, isn't his fault? He isn't remotely dangerous around the box.

Meant more the fact that we're relying on him for goals. Can't fault his effort but in terms of quality it just hasn't been good enough

Too slow to take on players yet keeps on trying instead of laying it off or just simply holding it up. Not the player for scoring goals either. He doesn't offer enough at all really.

Not solely his fault but his glaring misses earlier in the season have really bitten us on the arse.

I haven't lost hope. His fundamentals are ok. He's got a half decent touch and can strike the ball. He just looks lost - like he's not sure what his role is or where he should be. A lot of the time he's marked out of the game or he's making stupid impossible runs to try and find half a yard of space. He needs to have more movement around him and just let him be the poacher he can be. He's just not going to be able to do that until he has time and space to latch on to half-chances. We're not going to get those half-chances until we've got more movement from the midfield breaking the defensive line.

When our attacking play in general, as a team, improves then so will his performances.

Poachers thrive on their instinct, this lad doesn't have it. Oh, and he's slow as a boat.

I'd argue the opposite. He's not as polished as he needs to be and had been getting by heavily on instinct. So now he's in a poor side with limited chances he's struggling to make things happen. I'd bet my house that if you dropped him into a versatile attack of another team he'd start banging them in.

He's just not a Demba Ba who is going to create something from nothing.

Guest neesy111

That would be a fine judgement if he wasn't missing chances, but he's missed so many sitters both on the floor and in the air mid way through the season to show he isn't good enough at this level.

Poachers thrive on their instinct, this lad doesn't have it. Oh, and he's slow as a boat.

I'd argue the opposite. He's not as polished as he needs to be and had been getting by heavily on instinct. So now he's in a poor side with limited chances he's struggling to make things happen. I'd bet my house that if you dropped him into a versatile attack of another team he'd start banging them in.

He's just not a Demba Ba who is going to create something from nothing.

Aye, he'll look much better in the Championship!

As much as I love the guy, you can see our shitness and his lack of confidence now is getting us nowhere especially away from home. I'd like to see him and Doumbia up front together, he always looked like he had a bit of something with Perez up front and Doumbia would be a more direct threat on goal than Perez is.

Poacher? :lol:

He's got absolutely no fucking poaching instincts man. Michael Owen scored more goals with his head than this guy in the same amount of games. He's good everywhere except in the penalty area.

Guest alijmitchell

He's a bag of balls, he does some good things in terms of hold up but only when he's miles from the actual goal. When under pressure he's a soft shit and has literally no goal threat. Need to work without him

He played very well tonight. Not a goal scorer but he brought players into play with some great hold up play. It's a hard one because that's important but we need goals.. Doumbia for me probably has to start.

He played very well tonight. Not a goal scorer but he brought players into play with some great hold up play. It's a hard one because that's important but we need goals.. Doumbia for me probably has to start.

"Played very well tonight" you're either a WUM or Stevie Fucking Wonder.

He's got absolutely no f***ing poaching instincts man. Michael Owen scored more goals with his head than this guy in the same amount of games. He's good everywhere except in the penalty area.

I'm here tbh. I like the lad but he's awful in the box. Doesn't even look useful attacking goal with his noggin.

Guest neesy111

"Played very well tonight" you're either a WUM or Stevie Fucking Wonder.

Great hold up play on the touchline is all very well and good, but the ball usually ends up going to the opposition anyway.

He's got absolutely no f***ing poaching instincts man. Michael Owen scored more goals with his head than this guy in the same amount of games. He's good everywhere except in the penalty area.

I'm here tbh. I like the lad but he's awful in the box. Doesn't even look useful attacking goal with his noggin.

If we're talking about his form with us, I can't really argue. My entire point is that he's not able to play his game because he's got no time or space because we're shit.

We didn't sign a player who was good at hold up play but shit in the box. We signed a player who could put chances away too. I agree that he only offers hold up play right now, but the reason for that isn't because he's fundamentally only capable of that side of the game. The team plays a role, too. As does his confidence.