Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

If he could find a yard of pace he'd be a threat to any team, definitely could afford to lose a bit of weight. So it's a simple solution for him if he wants any success with the team?

If he could find a yard of pace he'd be a threat to any team, definitely could afford to lose a bit of weight. So it's a simple solution for him if he wants any success with the team?

he also needs to find the ability to shoot,score,head and control a ball. unfortunately these won't ever come as he's fucking useless, he'd be the first out of  the door for me

he also needs to find the ability to shoot,score,head and control a ball. unfortunately these won't ever come as he's f***ing useless, he'd be the first out of  the door for me

All of this arises from his lack of pace imho.. he never goes clear on goal because he's not quick enough, he does however win his fair share of headed balls to link the rest of the team.

He doesn't get enough chances on goal generally whether it's his feet or his head because again, he's too slow.. most of the defenders around him simply get there first.

He's not had an easy first two seasons with us, and to come from a team where he was banging the goals in to a league where pace is everything, his confidence in front of goal must be shot at this point.

There's a proper center forward in him somewhere and I believe if he shed a bit of weight and found an extra step he could be very good once again.

At the very least he's a good option to have to come on and unsettle any team. The lad is a beast.

I'm still very torn with the lad. Love his sheer desire to wear the shirt, the enjoyment he obviously gets from the good times. That's not however enough to warrant a place in the squad. He does a lot of work on the pitch to being others into the game, in some respects he does more of what the number 10 should be doing than the number 10's we've had. The problem is an obvious one, he couldn't score goals on a regular basis in the 2nd tier, I haven't done the analysis but I wouldn't be surprised if he had a better record scoring in the PL than he did in the Champ.

He's only young with time to develop, we have to take that into account, but he's totally an unsuitable type of striker to play in Rafa's system right now, could he adapt to it ? Maybe that's not impossible. Again Rafa's call if he thinks he can work with him he'll still  be around come September, if not, his age, form at Anderlecht and record at international level is good enough to make him a player we can easily move on if we are sensible in our valuation.

he also needs to find the ability to shoot,score,head and control a ball. unfortunately these won't ever come as he's f***ing useless, he'd be the first out of  the door for me

All of this arises from his lack of pace imho.. he never goes clear on goal because he's not quick enough, he does however win his fair share of headed balls to link the rest of the team.

He doesn't get enough chances on goal generally whether it's his feet or his head because again, he's too slow.. most of the defenders around him simply get there first.

He's not had an easy first two seasons with us, and to come from a team where he was banging the goals in to a league where pace is everything, his confidence in front of goal must be shot at this point.

There's a proper center forward in him somewhere and I believe if he shed a bit of weight and found an extra step he could be very good once again.

At the very least he's a good option to have to come on and unsettle any team. The lad is a beast.

You don't need pace to have finishing instinct. Robbie Fowler wasn't quick, neither was mackem striker Kevin Phillips. That's Mitrovic's biggest drawback, he's not good in the penalty box.

You don't need pace to have finishing instinct. Robbie Fowler wasn't quick, neither was mackem striker Kevin Phillips. That's Mitrovic's biggest drawback, he's not good in the penalty box.

A lot of legendary strikers weren't pace queens. Shearer post-injury scored over 100 goals in the top flight and Europe. The whole Mitro-is-only-missing-pace theory is a non-starter. Even if he had pace he's probably spend it running out of bounds or something. He has zero clinical instincts required to be a consistent, goalscoring striker.

Guest Howaythetoon

True, but they were not slow-slow either like Mitrovic who has zero pace. Those were very sharp physically as well and mentally quick, Mitrovic is neither.

Mitro can probably head a ball, but in his entire time here he's not even got into positions in which he can. So while technically he may be able to on a beach, on a football pitch it's fair to say he cannot.

:lol: :lol:

I'll be glad when this is all over

:lol:

Have we ever had such divided opinions about a single player? And by divided I mean people who agree with me being right and those who don't categorically, absolutely, facepalmingly wrong?

Think the reality is somewhere between what people are arguing like (as always)...

If we got say 10million for him and signed a player that we knew could do the job and be the answer for 20million his sale would be worthwhile. However, if you're wanting to spend just 10million and sell him for 10million I'm not so sure you'd make much progress in the market. Like Atsu he shows glimpses of what he can do and would probably get better with more game time. He isn't great at reading the game and that lack of mental pace is his biggest killer, watching players instead of the ball when in flight affects the number of headers he wins. Not anticipating the ball going wide before he finally makes his run into the box means he isn't in the right place at the right time and his petulance means that after one mistake his head goes down and frustration sets in.

The flip side of that is that he is young and has time to develop, whilst his passion is also his pain in terms of performance it is also the driving factor that will make him improve. The right thing to do for me is to keep him for a year and sign that 15/20million striker who has the experience and knowledge to help develop Mitro. Whilst it is vital for a striker to get goals it's more important for the team to. What do I want to see - Mitro get the golden boot or Newcastle win the league? (Unlikely extremities I know...But then people are comparing with Shearer in here as well.)

I suspect he is an important part of the changing room for nothing other than his shear desire. Clubs need people like that.

Give him another year and see what happens.

Regardless of what happens this summer though. I'm very happy for Mitro that he has had this season as an experience. I think he will treasure that last game for many years to come.

If he stays he'll be third choice striker at best (hopefully we'll be buying a new mobile striker as 1st or 2nd choice). Not in his interest to stay somewhere he won't get game time. 'Only' 38 games instead of 46 (and any cup runs). If he did end up getting a lot of game time it would mean we we're in trouble (due to injury to those ahead of him / failure to bring in another striker).

If he stays he'll be third choice striker at best (hopefully we'll be buying a new mobile striker as 1st or 2nd choice). Not in his interest to stay somewhere he won't get game time. 'Only' 38 games instead of 46 (and any cup runs). If he did end up getting a lot of game time it would mean we we're in trouble (due to injury to those ahead of him / failure to bring in another striker).

That's a fair point. :thup:

Don't see the point in us selling him unless we get a decent return on his original fee though.

He has been here two years and has done nothing to justify the money spent. Let´s just admit he was a mistake, he had a golden year before signing for us and has regressed to the level he is... at best a championship striker!

He has been here two years and has done nothing to justify the money spent. Let´s just admit he was a mistake, he had a golden year before signing for us and has regressed to the level he is... at best a championship striker!

A pretty average Championship striker at that. Get back what we can for him and get him off the wage bill.

I thought he was an absolute pudding the first time I saw him play, and I've seen nothing from him since to convince me otherwise.

As a player, he literally has no redeeming features about him whatsoever , apart from being a little bit radge.

Hopefully him and Colback are the first two out of the door.