Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

He has been here two years and has done nothing to justify the money spent. Let´s just admit he was a mistake, he had a golden year before signing for us and has regressed to the level he is... at best a championship striker!

He's a bad Championship striker. :lol:

Can't help thinking that those who have "seen nothing" from him to indicate that he's talented, have never actually played football themselves. No he hasn't performed as well as we had hoped, or as well as one would have expected dropping down a league. But to say that he brings nothing to the team is nigh on hyperbole. He has all the hallmarks of a player playing with zero confidence.

I'm not advocating we keep him tbh. Just saying that he's a talented lad who can have a tendency to sulk and let his weight go when it's not going for him. It's certainly something that can be worked on. I'm a mind coach for athletes and I have seen it happen when something just clicks one day, and a transformation happens that allows the athlete to elevate their game to its full potential.

This one is for Rafa to sort out, and it could be a key decision to keep or sell. If we do sell, I'd rather we did so having brought in a new main striker as well as someone to replace Mitrovic.

Interesting 'mind coach' perspective. Confidence idea aside, I personally think four things about Mitro: (1) I haven't seen any signs he has that striker's instinct we hear about; (2) he is one of the best players at holding-up the ball I can recall seeing (chest control and holding off defenders is quite exceptional at times); (3) he has an endearing mad as a box of frogs/committed to the cause mentality--like we could have grabbed him off the Bigg Market and popped him in a shirt; (4) he doesn't look very quick or optimally fit.

Given his age, on two of the four I wouldn't mind him staying. But the other two, and failure to dominate in a lower division makes me think Rafa won't want him.

I think we should loan him out rather than sell. Can just see him at someone like Lazio or Roma scoring 15-18 in Serie A by 25-26 and us wondering why we sold him so soon.

Wouldn't get in either of those teams but I know what you're getting at.

Not yet he's not. Loan him for a year, somewhere like Olympiakos, Fenerbahce, Galatasaray, where he'd play most games, play in Europe, get the knack back of scoring goals at a big club in a tough environment and take it from there.

Mitrovic is our Rocky Bilbao.

All he needs is a good montage and he'll be a world beater.

*edit

He's probably more a Youngblood but Rocky is more famous.

I suppose it does have red and white stripes...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/content/dam/film/Film-News/rocky-stallone-flag-xlarge.jpg

Guest chopey

He'll be denied by a world class save against West Ham next season and scream "ADRIAAAAAN"

And the she says "Win Rocky Win" and he knocks seven colours of shite out of big sam.

• 3 weeks later...

He'll be denied by a world class save against West Ham next season and scream "ADRIAAAAAN"

And the she says "Win Rocky Win" and he knocks seven colours of shite out of big sam.

I still haven't figured this post out, like.

I do, might just be me but i really think there's a decent hold the ball up striker in him, not a goal scorer but most definitely someone like Gayle could play off.

That's why I think he should go, at least on loan with a view to selling next year if Rafa's still here.

Rafa will never play two strikers, and Gayle is the definition of the type Rafa plays up front by himself. He's the total opposite to Mitrovic.

I do, might just be me but i really think there's a decent hold the ball up striker in him, not a goal scorer but most definitely someone like Gayle could play off.

That's why I think he should go, at least on loan with a view to selling next year if Rafa's still here.

Rafa will never play two strikers, and Gayle is the definition of the type Rafa plays up front by himself. He's the total opposite to Mitrovic.

Aye, two up isn't going to happen so you're right, a loan or permanent move might be best for Mitro himself.

I rate him and was happy when he came, but it's clearly not working out for him. Rafa's not a fan and he's only going to go down the pecking order.

We'll probably get a decent fee though, and I can see him doing really well for his new club.

F**k me delighted if we sell and get anything North of 10 million.

We have a chant about him being on fire and terrifying defences - haven't been able to use it justifiably more than what, twice?  :lol: and that's generous.

Seen people defend him with stats for creating chances/pass completion etc. He drops far too deep for the ball what do you expect? Those stats back that up perfectly.

Gayle/Abraham live for goals. Scoring off their shin after a scramble makes them feel they've had a good game. We need proper 9's not someone who can produce nice lay offs on their chest once a game.