Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

Guest firetotheworks

You honestly think a manager of Rafa’s stature bases his team selections on who runs the furthest in training?

He and his coaches will have data on everything - each player’s Vo2 max, resting heart rate, heart rate at maximum output etc.

If the stats consistently show that he isn’t pushing himself as hard as he can in training, would you honestly advocate picking him? That kind of attitude is unacceptable!

Rafa’s word is law at this club, end of. If he says he wants players giving everything in training and he can see that Mitro consistently isn’t then he can’t expect to get picked. All he had to do was work a bit harder and he would’ve been in the team.

What you seem to be saying is it’s ok for players to go against the manager and that they should still be picked regardless. I can see that ending really f***ing well!

You know what, when Joselu does this, you'll be right, until then you're wrong, have a nice evening

[emoji38] one of his 4 goals in 25 appearances in the Championship there. Meanwhile, the universally deemed not good enough Joselu has 4 goals in 22 appearances in the Premier League. GET.HIM.IN.THE.TEAM

Would be interesting to lose the term ‘appearances’ and change it to minutes played, a more accurate reflection.

Be my guest dude.

Mitro - 4 goals and 6 assists in 1122 minutes as a bit part player, rarely starting 2 games in a row

Joselu - 4 goals and 1 assist in 1562 minutes with 19 starts

Joselu has what? 1 goal in his last 9 appearances. I dont care less if Mitro turns up every day to training in stockings and heels, he’s still a better striker and we’d have been better off with him in the team.

I can't even be arsed tbh. [emoji38] I find the whole pandering for Mitrovic thing proper weird and alien. No one will ever convince me that he should have been playing.

If Gayle and Joselu had been adequate there'd be no Mitrovic discussion. As it turns out, they'll be lucky to match combined this season what Mitrovic has scored in the Premier league.

Bollocks tbf. There was plenty of pandering last year when Gayle was banging them in.

You honestly think a manager of Rafa’s stature bases his team selections on who runs the furthest in training?

He and his coaches will have data on everything - each player’s Vo2 max, resting heart rate, heart rate at maximum output etc.

If the stats consistently show that he isn’t pushing himself as hard as he can in training, would you honestly advocate picking him? That kind of attitude is unacceptable!

Rafa’s word is law at this club, end of. If he says he wants players giving everything in training and he can see that Mitro consistently isn’t then he can’t expect to get picked. All he had to do was work a bit harder and he would’ve been in the team.

What you seem to be saying is it’s ok for players to go against the manager and that they should still be picked regardless. I can see that ending really f***ing well!

You know what, when Joselu does this, you'll be right, until then you're wrong, have a nice evening

[emoji38] one of his 4 goals in 25 appearances in the Championship there. Meanwhile, the universally deemed not good enough Joselu has 4 goals in 22 appearances in the Premier League. GET.HIM.IN.THE.TEAM

Would be interesting to lose the term ‘appearances’ and change it to minutes played, a more accurate reflection.

Be my guest dude.

Mitro - 4 goals and 6 assists in 1122 minutes as a bit part player, rarely starting 2 games in a row

Looks totally different compared to the skewed figures you tried to use.

Joselu has what? 1 goal in his last 9 appearances. I dont care less if Mitro turns up every day to training in stockings and heels, he’s still a better striker and we’d have been better off with him in the team.

Suspended for three matches and how long has he been out injured for?

100% true about him not bothering in training for months too from the gaffer’s mouth!

Mitrovic is quite comfortably a better striker than Joselu like, we've seen that with our own eyes. He wasn't good enough, Joselu is just genuinely fucking awful.

It sounds like it's his own fault but if we get relegated I think it's fair to say not playing him at all in favour of Joselu was a ridiculous call.

:thup:

Spot on, incredible that anyone tries to dispute it.

But we got relegated. With Mitro as our main striker. Incredible anyone tries to dispute that.

Not a single person on planet earth has ever or will ever dispute that. What in the green fuck are you going onabout?

We've persisted with Joselu for most of the season and he's been dreadful, he hasn't improved from his early season form and has never looked like improving - his record has never shown any signs of being any better than this either. It's fair enough to think that had Mitrovic been played instead he would have likely scored more and won us more points.

It's like banking on a burnt McDonalds burger tasting better than mound of cow shite.

Simple google of "Mitrovic missed chances" brings up actual articles with headlines like "Missed chances leave McClaren's side deeper in trouble," and results with sentences like "striker Aleksandar Mitrovic failing to make the most of his many chances..."

This fucker couldn't finish for us. I simply don't understand the constant, rampant revisionism.

His misses against Everton & Sunderland alone cost us valuable points that season.

Get the fuck outta here with this Mitro love-in.

Simple google of "Mitrovic missed chances" brings up actual articles with headlines like "Missed chances leave McClaren's side deeper in trouble," and results with sentences like "striker Aleksandar Mitrovic failing to make the most of his many chances..."

This f***er couldn't finish for us. I simply don't understand the constant, rampant revisionism.

His misses against Everton & Sunderland alone cost us valuable points that season.

Get the f*** outta here with this Mitro love-in.

What club pins their hopes on a 21 year old from overseas in his first season?

This fucker couldn't finish for us. I simply don't understand the constant, rampant revisionism.

You're straw-manning the fuck out of this to make an argument like, there's no love in and nobody is saying Mitrovic isn't appalling infront of goal. You're just talking relentless shite.

Mitrovic was shite all in all in his first season, he shouldn't have been our main striker and his lack of cutting edge cost us points. He still looked better than Joselu.

You have three average strikers - two give their all in training one sits about eating kebabs..Who do you pick?

Clearly neither Joselu or Gayle can score a goal between them.

Kebabs or no kebabs, if Mitrovic coiuld’ve scored a few goals to keeps us in the premier league then give him the ones with extra meat.

So our last relegation season completely didn't happen now. His consistent, constant, legendary misses that relegated us have been excised from collective memory by Men in Black.

Not at all. But when the other two can’t score and Rafa keeps juggling the pair of them, at some point you have to say let’s try a 3rd option. Let’s face it, it can’t get any worse can it?

You have three average strikers - two give their all in training one sits about eating kebabs..Who do you pick?

Kebabs or no kebabs, if Mitrovic coiuld’ve scored a few goals to keeps us in the premier league then give him the ones with extra meat.

So our last relegation season completely didn't happen now. His consistent, constant, legendary misses that relegated us have been excised from collective memory by Men in Black.

Not at all. But when the other two can’t score and Rafa keeps juggling the pair of them, at some point you have to say let’s try a 3rd option. Let’s face it, it can’t get any worse can it?

You don't think Mitro's attitude might have had something to do with it? If a player is acting up, some managers won't have them anywhere near the first team because they are bad for morale. Rafa has never been a soft touch and personally I would prefer that than a manager who has no backbone whatsoever and will indulge every player strop.

You're straw-manning the fuck out of this to make an argument like, there's no love in and nobody is saying Mitrovic isn't appalling infront of goal. You're just talking relentless shite.

Mitrovic was shite all in all in his first season, he shouldn't have been our main striker and his lack of cutting edge cost us points. He still looked better than Joselu.

Hardly strawmanning or "talking relentless shite" (how I wish I had the skill of some of my fellow posters in this thread). Maybe I'm reacting harshly to the revisionists, and I'm certainly not including you as one of them, who've been his staunch defenders for years in this thread. This isn't the first time I've had to mention the same things I've mentioned, which you have as well, about his deficiencies in front of goal. This thread had some serious Mitro fans who most definitely were not made of straw.

Be my guest dude.

Had on, I'm no Mitrovic hater, but that's Championship stats vs Premier League stats.  I do personally think Mitrovic is better than Joselu (assuming he can manage to stay on the pitch).  But not by a wide enough margin to say he should be in the side no matter what he's doing in training, fucking hell,  Ben Arfa he is not like..

Be my guest dude.

Had on, I'm no Mitrovic hater, but that's Championship stats vs Premier League stats.  I do personally think Mitrovic is better than Joselu (assuming he can manage to stay on the pitch).  But not by a wide enough margin to say he should be in the side no matter what he's doing in training, fucking hell,  Ben Arfa he is not like..

I was merely pointing out KI’s stats of “4 goals in 25 appearances” for Mitro were skewed.

We could compare PL records (from Mitro’s first season) - his goalscoring is still better.

You don't think Mitro's attitude might have had something to do with it? If a player is acting up, some managers won't have them anywhere near the first team because they are bad for morale. Rafa has never been a soft touch and personally I would prefer that than a manager who has no backbone whatsoever and will indulge every player strop.

I don't know anything about Mitro's attitude or what goes on behind the scenes. If Rafa has come out and stated he's not picking him because he is fat, out of shape and not committed then I missed it and I'd understand getting shot of him.

Barring that, I think Mitro warranted the opportunities given the other two as he couldn't do any worse. In fact, If Rafa picked somebody out of the crowd they would probably be better than Joselu.Man or woman.

Quite right. He has a tatoo and they have the hots all it is.

"It was clear that he wanted and needed to play games. Now he has an opportunity.

"Hopefully he'll score 25 goals - we'll be happy with that. He'll have more value, he will come back here and say, 'I'm a new player, you have to trust me because I've scored 25 goals'. Fine, no problem."

This'll go down well. :lol:

Guessing the number of goals is tongue in cheek but he's right, it's an opportunity for the player.

This f***er couldn't finish for us. I simply don't understand the constant, rampant revisionism.

You're straw-manning the f*** out of this to make an argument like, there's no love in and nobody is saying Mitrovic isn't appalling infront of goal. You're just talking relentless s****.

Mitrovic was s**** all in all in his first season, he shouldn't have been our main striker and his lack of cutting edge cost us points. He still looked better than Joselu.

Hardly strawmanning or "talking relentless s****" (how I wish I had the skill of some of my fellow posters in this thread). Maybe I'm reacting harshly to the revisionists, and I'm certainly not including you as one of them, who've been his staunch defenders for years in this thread. This isn't the first time I've had to mention the same things I've mentioned, which you have as well, about his deficiencies in front of goal. This thread had some serious Mitro fans who most definitely were not made of straw.

You're being overly harsh here DJ. Mitro didn't have a great 1st season, but shouldn't have been main striker - he has his flaws tbf.

I don't mind Rafa starting with Joselu/Gayle, but it was obvious a change was needed 5-6 games ago. Mitro should have had at least a 3-4 game run recently.

If Rafa isn't happy with him after that, then he leaves in window. Better way to handle it.

You're straw-manning the f*** out of this to make an argument like, there's no love in and nobody is saying Mitrovic isn't appalling infront of goal. You're just talking relentless s****.

Mitrovic was s**** all in all in his first season, he shouldn't have been our main striker and his lack of cutting edge cost us points. He still looked better than Joselu.

Hardly strawmanning or "talking relentless s****" (how I wish I had the skill of some of my fellow posters in this thread). Maybe I'm reacting harshly to the revisionists, and I'm certainly not including you as one of them, who've been his staunch defenders for years in this thread. This isn't the first time I've had to mention the same things I've mentioned, which you have as well, about his deficiencies in front of goal. This thread had some serious Mitro fans who most definitely were not made of straw.

You're being overly harsh here DJ. Mitro didn't have a great 1st season, but shouldn't have been main striker - he has his flaws tbf.

I don't mind Rafa starting with Joselu/Gayle, but it was obvious a change was needed 5-6 games ago. Mitro should have had at least a 3-4 game run recently.

If Rafa isn't happy with him after that, then he leaves in window. Better way to handle it.

Agreed I was being a tad harsh on his fanboys, but in the past I've never totally laid into him without the usual known caveats of him being a young striker being thrown into our squad, tasked to keep us up, in his first season. I wish him best of luck, and as Rafa said, that he scores 25 goals :lol:

"It was clear that he wanted and needed to play games. Now he has an opportunity.

"Hopefully he'll score 25 goals - we'll be happy with that. He'll have more value, he will come back here and say, 'I'm a new player, you have to trust me because I've scored 25 goals'. Fine, no problem."

This'll go down well. :lol:

Guessing the number of goals is tongue in cheek but he's right, it's an opportunity for the player.

I like what Rafa has said there.

It's all up to Mitro now. If he does well he'll have options, one of which may well be staying at Newcastle.