Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

Just now, Rich said:

Mitro for Wood.

Fair point, I know it’s a non brainer but for now I quite like the thought of isak, Wilson, mitro, ASM & miggy fighting for the front line spots.

i think that one change (and working ASM back in for appropriate games) would get quite a few more points on the board.

4 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

A massive plus though is that he’s been available for 15 out of 18 games this season for Fulham and all of last station for them - that’s what we also need, availability and the confidence they’ll score given a few chances.  

for me - as a squad striker I’d upgrade wood for him all day.

Don’t think he’d accept being a third choice tbh. Looks he needs to be the main man. Didn’t seem to be best pleased when this wasn’t the case under Rafa (although tbf I don’t think he really kicked off, just wanted to move).

3 minutes ago, SteV said:

Don’t think he’d accept being a third choice tbh. Looks he needs to be the main man. Didn’t seem to be best pleased when this wasn’t the case under Rafa (although tbf I don’t think he really kicked off, just wanted to move).

I just mean - nobody is first choice, wood is third choice for us because that’s just correct but not necessarily for mitro.

And let’s stop comparing him to what he was like so men years ago, people grow up and personalities change.

Edited by Gawalls

20 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

Mitro would be no good for Eddie. One of the problems between him and Rafa was that he didn't want to do tracking back. If I remember right he said my strength is up front scoring goals no defending

Works his ass off for Fulham every time I watch them.

1 minute ago, worthy said:

I would love to see that happen, honestly. If we could rotate with Wilson/Isak/Mitro it would be immense.

Agreed - what Man U have is rashford & martial where if one fails to get the winner then the other seems to step up. I feel we don’t have that and this forum has listed a lot of supposedly weaknesses for mitro in the fact that he don’t track back, he has an attitude problem but there’s two major positives he’s brought to Fulham this season. He puts the ball in the net and he’s always available.

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

Agreed - what Man U have is rashford & martial where if one fails to get the winner then the other seems to step up. I feel we don’t have that and this forum has listed a lot of supposedly weaknesses for mitro in the fact that he don’t track back, he has an attitude problem but there’s two major positives he’s brought to Fulham this season. He puts the ball in the net and he’s always available.

Looking at FBRef he seemingly does more grafting then given credit for:

image.thumb.png.b07e1c743cb7af66603129494e6ae096.pngimage.png.1ee0f890f56c42a0cb8fdee12f755f4c.png

Just now, worthy said:

image.thumb.png.b07e1c743cb7af66603129494e6ae096.pngimage.png.1ee0f890f56c42a0cb8fdee12f755f4c.png

Thanks for that - good to see and never doubted it as I really rate him. People on here just don’t seem to like because of what he was like back in 2018 for us.

I never liked Mitro tbh, the play acting really rubbed me up the wrong way and he was dirty as well. Always thought he was overrated during his time here.

Nice words though and I'd obviously snap your hand off for a situation in which he replaced Wood, as unlikely as that is.

Edited by Kid Icarus

4 minutes ago, worthy said:

Passes attempted 51th percentile, passes completed 1st. Can't even pass :lol:

Edited by Anon

Mitro would be great but even the best sides in the world can't have 3 senior players vying for 1 spot. Normally you have 2 senior and one older/younger player who accepts their role in the squad.

When Wood goes I expect us to sign someone young and probably south American, to develop.

1 minute ago, Anon said:

Passes attempted 51th percentile, passes completed 1st. Can't even pass :lol:

I didnt mean to harp on Wood as for me it would be like beating a dead horse, I've said my piece about him one to many times :lol:. But it was due to Wood getting credit for his grafting so I thought it was apt to compare.

9 minutes ago, STM said:

Mitro would be great but even the best sides in the world can't have 3 senior players vying for 1 spot. Normally you have 2 senior and one older/younger player who accepts their role in the squad.

When Wood goes I expect us to sign someone young and probably south American, to develop.

Aye, I would assume the same. And as you stated he would be a 50 million player at this point. Tis but a dream as they say :lol:

12 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I never liked Mitro tbh, the play acting really rubbed me up the wrong way and he was dirty as well. Always thought he was overrated during his time here.

Nice words though and I'd obviously snap your hand off for a situation in which he replaced Wood, as unlikely as that is.

Yep, likewise.  Best of luck to the lad (not today obviously) but his failings were pretty apparent at the time, and Fulham is the perfect club for him.  Would I swap him for Wood?  Yes, but that’s saying nowt.

The one similarity to Wood is that you really have to play a style that suits him - and our style would not suit him (granted, he works harder than some may suspect).  

Edited by TheBrownBottle

42 minutes ago, STM said:

Having 2 that’s bloody fit is a start, sick of Wilson and asm never being available personally.