Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

2 minutes ago, Clark said:

He was/is good enough:

• 9 goals and 4 assists in 2115 minutes for Newcastle in the 15/16 season, a goal contribution every 163 minutes for a team that was relegated
  • 11 goals and 3 assists in 3281 minutes for Fulham in the 18/19 season, a goal contribution every 234 minutes for a team that was relegated

he could have easily reached similar figures, as backup, in his first season here, if he'd been used cleverly.

Edited by Happinesstan

Just now, Happinesstan said:

he could have easily reached similar figures, as backup, in his first season here, if he'd been used cleverly.

What are you talking about? I have no idea what point you're trying to make... 

1 minute ago, Clark said:

He was/is good enough:

• 9 goals and 4 assists in 2115 minutes for Newcastle in the 15/16 season, a goal contribution every 163 minutes for a team that was relegated
  • 11 goals and 3 assists in 3281 minutes for Fulham in the 18/19 season, a goal contribution every 234 minutes for a team that was relegated

9 goals is not really enough for a main striker. I'm not dissing the kid. I think he was [at the time] good enough to become a PL forward. I think he is now good enough in the right team. I think he would have got there sooner if his development had been managed better. 

1 minute ago, Happinesstan said:

9 goals is not really enough for a main striker. I'm not dissing the kid. I think he was [at the time] good enough to become a PL forward. I think he is now good enough in the right team. I think he would have got there sooner if his development had been managed better. 

He got 9 goals and 4 assists, in a team that was relegated, where he played 2115 minutes (or 23.5 games)... How many goals do you want a striker to score? 

2 minutes ago, Clark said:

in a team that was relegated

Enough to maintain his status as a PL forward. Again, I'm not dissing him, and I'm certainly not blaming him for relegation. I'm one of his biggest supporters, always have been. Not sure if you're deliberately missing the obvious point because you're feeling argumentative, but I'm not.

Just now, Happinesstan said:

Enough to maintain his status as a PL forward. Again, I'm not dissing him, and I'm certainly not blaming him for relegation. I'm one of his biggest supporters, always have been. Not sure if you're deliberately missing the obvious point because you're feeling argumentative, but I'm not.

So you wanted Mitrovic to score enough goals to maintain his (and Newcastle's) PL status, but you're not blaming him for relegation... That's contradictory. You said he 'wasn't good enough' to be a main Premier League striker, you said that 9 goals and 4 assists was 'not really enough', what is good enough? How many goals is enough? Specifically? 

I can't shake the feeling that he's just a better Dwight Gayle. It just seems if you're going to have him as a starting focal point of your attack in the PL it's emblematic of a team that's going to face relegation.

More than happy if Fulham bounce back up and he proves me wrong next season, as I love the bloke and would love to see him stick around to truly prove himself in the PL.

10 hours ago, Rich said:

Getting sent off in critical (and non critical games) will probably do that, unfortunately.

I would also have him back, mind.

Just needed some attention from Rafa, rather than ditching. I think the main problem wasn't his hot headedness but his lack of ability to follow instructions. Any player who did their own thing under Rafa was ditched. Some players want to do their own thing, others can only do it limited by their footballing intelligence and Mitro falls under the latter. Whether that can be coached out of him or whether you make some exceptions is down to the quality of the manager, which I did assume could handle a Mitro. 

I think 23 goals this season in roughly as many games (if not fewer?) suggests the lad has probably come on a bit even since last season, plus the previously mentioned disciplinary improvements. I'll be surprised if he's not heavily linked with PL teams across the board coming into January and the summer. 

I'd have him back, like, and I say that after not particularly rating him whilst he was here the first time. Wilson's deputy needs to be a 'focal point' type given the numerous attacking-midfielder/wingers/Joelintons we've got. 

I've said this previously. Let's see how he does in the PL with another team. I love the mad bastard. If he does well wiyh another PL team or even with Fulham maybe next season, then I'd regret not having him here. Right now, he's an absolute beast. 

37 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I think 23 goals this season in roughly as many games (if not fewer?) suggests the lad has probably come on a bit even since last season, plus the previously mentioned disciplinary improvements. I'll be surprised if he's not heavily linked with PL teams across the board coming into January and the summer. 

I'd have him back, like, and I say that after not particularly rating him whilst he was here the first time. Wilson's deputy needs to be a 'focal point' type given the numerous attacking-midfielder/wingers/Joelintons we've got. 

I love Mitro but surely he wouldn't be ideal for an Eddie Howe team where the team needs to be a well drilled unit working hard and pressing.

2 hours ago, triggs said:

How about last season when he scored 3 Premier League goals?

One poor season (in a very poor Fulham team) vs four good seasons (including this exceptional season), seems to suggest that was the exception, rather than the norm.

A bit like calling Howe crap based on one season where he was manager of Bournemouth when they were relegated.

13 hours ago, HTT II said:

He would be just as out of place in a Howe set up as he was in Rafa’s… I’m delighted for him though that he’s performing (again) for Fulham and that we may get to see him in the WC!

How so?

38 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

One poor season (in a very poor Fulham team) vs four good seasons (including this exceptional season), seems to suggest that was the exception, rather than the norm.

A bit like calling Howe crap based on one season where he was manager of Bournemouth when they were relegated.

3 goals and 3 assists in 1389, a goal contribution every 231.5 minutes for a relegated team isn't a poor season, he just wasn't played.

22 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Rafa wanted him to follow the fitness instructors used at the club and was frustrated that Mitrovic continued to use his own private physical trainers

That, and probably Mitrovic's elbow/pointless suspension at home to West Ham when we were winning 3-0 in 2017 was probably the final straw for him.