The other games today - 2015/16

Deuce

It would be the most amazing thing in PL history tbh. Trying to see the pundits explain it and try to squirm around the fact they won :lol:

PL history? It would be one of the most amazing things in sporting history.

Leicester have basically the top 6 away in the remaining fixtures, the middle at home and the bottom clubs a mix of home and away. If the middle clubs are seen as the tricky games that are hard to consistently win, they're maybe the best ones to have at home. Its actually a myth that you have to beat the top four to win the league or get CL. Man U lost to Benitez' Liverpool home and away in the season Torres was on fire and still beat them to the title. Their record against the top four that year was something like played six for four points.

Leicester finished last season with seven wins and a draw from their last nine, which means 57 points from their last 25 games. It looks like as low as 77 will win the league this year, and 68 will get top four. With a nine point lead on Spurs and 11 on Liverpool, top four is looking a good possibility for them. Maybe as high as fifty-fifty. Any prediction you see giving Leicester Europa league on 60 points is assuming only 25 points from their last 22 games. They should get them in their sleep.

It looks like you can still get close to 3-1 on Leicester Top 4, which looks well tasty to me.

So.... when are Leicester going to let up?

Everyone is assuming they're going to slip up, but I currently don't know why they would. They have to be taken seriously as CL candidates at least.

next 3 quite possibly, away to Everton and Liverpool then 3 days after Liverpool home to Man City, tough ask for any side.

Of course, but look at another way - we can't keep clean sheets (or beat any of Bournemouth, Palace or Norwich), Liverpool were fortunate to scrape a point at home to West Brom, while Man City don't look remotely arsed half the time.

also true but we've seen how good any of those 3 sides can be when they are on form. Still I do hope they can still be challenging for the title to the end of the season, it might only be for this season but it should be a wake up call to everyone happy just to collect the premier league cash (ie everyone who finished 7th and down last season) that your there to fucking compete not to bask in the reflected glory of the "elite" sides and count your tv money.

So.... when are Leicester going to let up?

Everyone is assuming they're going to slip up, but I currently don't know why they would. They have to be taken seriously as CL candidates at least.

Christmas to February run is what usually fuck these teams over, people said the same about Southampton last year and they fell apart, it's just the way of things when you have a squad of largely unknowns who haven't experienced what it's like to be at the top before. Not to mention their manager has a history of choking when it really matters. :lol:

Would be great but i'd be shocked if they are anywhere near the CL spots come May.

Leicester's run has lasted too long for it to be a fluke. They've got pace and energy and are able to play without any pressure. They also don't have the distraction of European football.

It reminds me a bit of when Clough's Notts Forest ran away with the league, the season after getting promoted. Everyone assumed they were going to slip up at some stage, but they just carried on. I never thought I'd see the same thing again in the Premiership, because the bigger clubs are now even more powerful. But for one reason or another, none of those clubs are hitting top gear.

So yeah, it could happen, providing they don't have an injury crisis. But my money would be on Arsenal to win it, and Leicester to be in the top four.

Leicester's run has lasted too long for it to be a fluke. They've got pace and energy and are able to play without any pressure. They also don't have the distraction of European football.

It reminds me a bit of when Clough's Notts Forest ran away with the league, the season after getting promoted. Everyone assumed they were going to slip up at some stage, but they just carried on. I never thought I'd see the same thing again in the Premiership, because the bigger clubs are now even more powerful. But for one reason or another, none of those clubs are hitting top gear.

So yeah, it could happen, providing they don't have an injury crisis. But my money would be on Arsenal to win it, and Leicester to be in the top four.

Not sure it requires an injury crisis tbh, just injuries to one of their two stars, how many non-Vardy/Mahrez goals have they got? Not many I would have thought.

Not sure it requires an injury crisis tbh, just injuries to one of their two stars, how many non-Vardy/Mahrez goals have they got? Not many I would have thought.

Well they got two against us not from them [emoji38]

Well they got two against us not from them [emoji38]

Just checked, based on FF - 8 goals in 16 games without Vardy and Mahrez.

Guest firetotheworks

Let's do loads of other examples to hammer the point home.

Imo, the war in Iraq was actually a war for oil. There were no WMDs.

Guest neesy111

Let's do loads of other examples to hammer the point home.

Imo, the war in Iraq was actually a war for oil. There were no WMDs.

Wew.