The other games today - 2015/16

Deuce

As if Triggs said Chelsea were better than City at every position.

Didn't you think Cech would be an absolutely amazing signing for Arsenal and gain them ten points or some s*** like that?

As if that can be judged already [emoji38]

As if it can be judged already that Man City are better than Chelsea also then obviously?

Didn't you think Cech would be an absolutely amazing signing for Arsenal and gain them ten points or some s*** like that?

As if that can be judged already [emoji38]

As if it can be judged already that Man City are better than Chelsea also then obviously?

Fair enough. Didn't read the rest ;)

No that was John Terry :lol:

I was taking the piss tbf, but like it did at the time it did shock me how many have underestimated City tbh.

Chelsea have been going backwards since the start of the year performance wise. Heard they had an extended holiday this summer. Maybe to ensure a stronger finish to the season?

Think the midfield isn't where it needs to be. JT's getting old, Cahill's not that good. Ivanovic has been poor defensively for a good while. Costa is struggling with injuries.

Think they'll need to move Azpilicueta to RB and see Rahman at LB. And make some adjustments at CB. Which might take awhile to settle.

No that was John Terry [emoji38]

I was taking the piss tbf, but like it did at the time it did shock me how many have underestimated City tbh.

I never really wrote them off. I've always said if they can keep Aguero, Silva and Toure fit they'll do well but that overall their team isn't great for the money they've spent

No that was John Terry :lol:

I was taking the p*ss tbf, but like it did at the time it did shock me how many have underestimated City tbh.

Aye, some where saying they would struggle to get top 4. Heavy underestimation of Aguero, Yaya, Silva, Sterling.. even Kompany & Hart maybe not as good as some thought but comfortably title challenging players

Guest firetotheworks

Where's a nice place? I can't possibly read what you're referring to because this is a new page.

Estoril, Portugal

Thanks for that, I nearly had to click back a page there.

I was taking the p*ss tbf, but like it did at the time it did shock me how many have underestimated City tbh.

I never really wrote them off. I've always said if they can keep Aguero, Silva and Toure fit they'll do well but that overall their team isn't great for the money they've spent

That might be true. But it's close to Chelsea imo. Add in Otamendi and KDB and it's better.

It clearly is though, because as i said at the time they finish 1st or 2nd every year. In terms of money spent it's not much different to the other top 4 teams tbh, they are about where i expect them to be.

Not sure what else you expect them to be, apart from the obvious being shit in Europe lark. But as far as in the league they are where i expect them to be and there's not a chance in hell of them finishing below 2nd again.

It clearly is though, because as i said at the time they finish 1st or 2nd every year. In terms of money spent it's not much different to the other top 4 teams tbh, they are about where i expect them to be.

Not sure what else you expect them to be, apart from the obvious being shit in Europe lark. But as far as in the league they are where i expect them to be and there's not a chance in hell of them finishing below 2nd again.

If you think that why did you agree with me here just a few weeks ago

Amazed Pellegrini lasted the season. Unlimited resources, world class players and didn't come close to a trophy.

Little control over transfers, a s*** defence and central midfield. They have about 3 brilliant players and lots of average ones

Yup, i am surprised they didn't sack the ex Barca lot in charge of transfers though.

I'm also fairly certain I never said Chelsea are better in every area

How are they clearly as good as Chelsea? Chelsea are better in almost every area

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsu9hwGZJ71qixxru.jpg

And why would you want them to sack the ex Barca lot if they hadn't spent the money that badly?

Never said they couldn't spend the money better, just that regardless of it all they are still a great side IMO.

How are they clearly as good as Chelsea? Chelsea are better in almost every area

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsu9hwGZJ71qixxru.jpg

And why would you want them to sack the ex Barca lot if they hadn't spent the money that badly?

Never said they couldn't spend the money better, just that regardless of it all they are still a great side IMO.

Based on last season because unfortunately I can't tell the future, Chelsea had a better keeper, full backs, centre halves, centre midfield and wingers

Chelsea's squad isn't nearly as good as it's made out to be IMO, they just have enough brilliant players to win them games, and solid organisation (usually).

I don't think people like Ramires, Mikel, Falcao, Remy, Willian and Costa's hamstrings guarantee you winning the league at all. If Hazard doesn't have a world-class season they are really struggling.

I think it was arrogant to believe they didn't need to improve their squad.

That said, City's revival might be temporary and they might collapse again.

Aye like everyone else you were overreacting to last year instead of thinking about the last 5 years where City have always been in the title picture and in no way where way worse than Chelsea.

Don't actually need to see the future to know that, just need to watch the games against Chelsea where both were 1-1 draws and close games and gave no indication of a clear advantage to Chelsea.

Anyway as i said i was taking the piss, no need to take it so seriously.  :aww:

Estoril have just brought a young'un on called Mattheus. He's only the baby that inspired this celebration

http://matchvideo.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/bebeto-brazil-celebration-world-cup-1994.jpg

That is the worst celebration the football world has ever seen.

Aye like everyone else you were overreacting to last year instead of thinking about the last 5 years where City have always been in the title picture and in no way where way worse than Chelsea.

Don't actually need to see the future to know that, just need to watch the games against Chelsea where both were 1-1 draws and close games and gave no indication of a clear advantage to Chelsea.

Anyway as i said i was taking the piss, no need to take it so seriously.  :aww:

Fair enough just found it a bit odd you singled out me when I wasn't even close to being the most critical of City

Estoril have just brought a young'un on called Mattheus. He's only the baby that inspired this celebration

http://matchvideo.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/bebeto-brazil-celebration-world-cup-1994.jpg

Jesus.

Who knew Bill Cosby played for Brazil at USA '94?

The second Part of the Spanish charity Shield, Bilbao to give those barca bums another whupping! Can't wait...

Actually I'd probably prefer Barca to get a couple of goals before Athletic get another Aduriz cracker to put the thing to bed. Beers on a Monday night, great!

What a difference a win makes.

Now there's talk of how we're going to come through this set of really tough opening fixtures in decent shape and push on after that. Few days ago we were apparently likely to finish bottom half.

My stance on Martinez is clear - well impressed with him first season, at times horrified with him last time out. But his first season has given him the right to rectify last season.

I've said for a while though I think we play better football away from home, and that's because we can use the counter attack much more effectively away. At home, the simple way to get something is sit deep, keep organised, and counter attack us. We're shit scared of anyone with pace who will run directly at us, and at home - e.g. last weekend - we're capable of producing some terrible, laboured performances, passing side to side without any purpose. As soon as the onus is on our opponents to do something however we look a different team and all of a sudden we play with pace on the attack and we're actually good to watch.

So in short, if Martinez has the balls to lessen his emphasis on loads of possession, we could do something this year.

Guess we'll win tonight but lose the trophy. I'm not too bothered, but last Friday highlighted how sorely lacking our squad is for the season. We have an amazing starting XI, but little else. January can't come soon enough (although I'm not too optimistic about the new guys gelling quick enough)