The other games today - 2015/16

Deuce

2 good finishes. We played like crap. We shouldn't be losing to Jamaica. They were far better a team. I didn't know Guzan's throw was illegal, always thought it was foot based?

:lol: Jamaica is an underperforming nation given the vast number of successful players in the English leagues with that heritage, but it is still an incredible result. Obviously, I have watched none of this tournament, but whenever I have seen America recently, their defence has been very poor, so it is not such a surprise.

Is this the important Gold Cup? I know they contest it every two years and one is considered more valuable than the other.

:lol: Jamaica is an underperforming nation given the vast number of successful players in the English leagues with that heritage, but it is still an incredible result. Obviously, I have watched none of this tournament, but whenever I have seen America recently, their defence has been very poor, so it is not such a surprise.

Is this the important Gold Cup? I know they contest it every two years and one is considered more valuable than the other.

The winner of this one will have to play the U.S. (winner in 2013) in a one-off match to decide who heads to the Confed Cup in 2017.

Mexico through after 2 pens again. Both are tough calls I reckon. First one is a weird'n, not deliberate but he does move towards it and block it with arm. Thought the second one was a pen on first viewing but not sure after more views. Reckon I'd call both for the toon. One against Costa Rica in last round was bollocks.

The winner of this one will have to play the U.S. (winner in 2013) in a one-off match to decide who heads to the Confed Cup in 2017.

Nicely dodged. Yes Baba, this is the one where both teams (and not just the USA) sent their good team O0

:lol:

Btw, this ref Geiger, who was so eager to give ghost red cards to Panama and penalties to Mexico in the match last night, is the same one that could not find his cards when France were assaulting Onazi and Mikel in the round of 16 last year. I am sure he is usually a good referee though, despite obvious evidence to the contrary.

Btw, this ref Geiger, who was so eager to give ghost red cards to Panama and penalties to Mexico in the match last night, is the same one that could not find his cards when France were assaulting Onazi and Mikel in the round of 16 last year. I am sure he is usually a good referee though, despite obvious evidence to the contrary.

He's absolutely shit, in MLS and international tournaments. Yet still the best the US has to offer in terms of refs.

He's absolutely shit, in MLS and international tournaments. Yet still the best the US has to offer in terms of refs.

Thought he was one of the best in Brazil tbh.

Thought he was one of the best in Brazil tbh.

He was, which was weird as fuck

U.S. has played like shit the entire tournament, and really ever since the World Cup with the exception of a few friendlies. Klinsmann is reaaally committed to the Alvarado-Brooks pairing at CB, to the detriment of the defense. Doesn't help that they're being shaded by Beckerman, who clearly can't run anymore, and have very little in the way of help from fullbacks (Fab Johnson is the only one I trust). I think both CBs are talented and will come good with enough time together (assuming JK doesn't cut off the experiment early and throw two new guys into the mix), but it's rough to watch them out there.

Fair play to Jamaica, this is the best I've maybe ever seen them play. They're finally utilizing their best attribute, blinding speed, and it's paying dividends on the counter.

Anyway, fully expecting Mexico to beat Jamaica, one way or another, setting up CONCACAF's dream play-off. Don't trust us to beat them if we keep playing like we have been (not that Mexico's been much better, but they're due a result against us).

The gold cup is a shit tourney to be honest. Sometimes I wish we'd just be in Copa America so at least i could kind of enjoy it.

Well, there's next year. :lol:

I agree though, we'd gain a lot more by playing South American teams than this lot (somewhat ironic statement considering we just lost to one of them :lol: )