The other games today - 2015/16

Deuce

Guest neesy111

Why has turbo-misery Danny Murphy been selected for this? Get Lawro on man.

Murphy is much worse than Lawro.

Those EE sponsors at Wembley are cringeworthy.

I don't know how the FA have managed it but they have made the UK's biggest white elephant and the most unnessacary stadium in the country even worse.

I hate semi finals at Wembley.  Most have been non events.

Infortiantly they have to be played there because the FA are still paying it off. How the FA are still paying off Wembley is beyond me with the amount of money they make. Wembley is the biggest mistake made, the national team should have just went on tour like they did when the old Wembley closed, plenty of countries do this. The cup finals should do the same, and what's wrong with doing the same for the semi's?

Wembley was built at a time when club could cheaply expand their grounds and a lot of clubs needed to do it after the Taylor report. Other clubs were cheaply building new stadiums. Our ground expansion cost something like £50m, and Sunderland were able to build a stadium for similar (so we're other clubs). For the price of Wembley you could have given money to a dozen clubs to extend their stadiums or build new ones. Even if you have less money out to clubs in the Premier League and Championship you could have used a lot of that money to grassroots football which could enable our young players, referee's, and coaches to develop. Instead we now have a stadium in the middle of a pit hole in London that sits empty for the majority of the year and is selling itself out in order to regain it's construction and running costs.

I hate semi finals at Wembley.  Most have been non events.

Infortiantly they have to be played there because the FA are still paying it off. How the FA are still paying off Wembley is beyond me with the amount of money they make. Wembley is the biggest mistake made, the national team should have just went on tour like they did when the old Wembley closed, plenty of countries do this. The cup finals should do the same, and what's wrong with doing the same for the semi's?

Wembley was built at a time when club could cheaply expand their grounds and a lot of clubs needed to do it after the Taylor report. Other clubs were cheaply building new stadiums. Our ground expansion cost something like £50m, and Sunderland were able to build a stadium for similar (so we're other clubs). For the price of Wembley you could have given money to a dozen clubs to extend their stadiums or build new ones. Even if you have less money out to clubs in the Premier League and Championship you could have used a lot of that money to grassroots football which could enable our young players, referee's, and coaches to develop. Instead we now have a stadium in the middle of a pit hole in London that sits empty for the majority of the year and is selling itself out in order to regain it's construction and running costs.

:lol: