Chancel Mbemba

Nobody

He never said he's only here because they didn't meet Anderlecht's demands mind :lol:

He might be but he never actually said that, going off his quotes.

“I went to visit (Borussia) Monchengladbach’s facilities. I had a good interview with their management, and the coach tried to sell it to me but the club could not pay what Anderlecht requested.

“Atlético have also made a offer, but it was refused for the same reasons.”

That to me, doesn't say "Newcastle was my first choice", it says "I would of signed for BMG, but they can't afford me"

Some people where complaining that Mitrovic was taking the p*ss by hanging around for either Roma or Porto. Yet Mbemba admits that the only reason he is coming here is because Broussia Monchengladbach and Atletico Madrid can't meet the asking price that Anderlecht set :lol:

Can't really blame players for preferring clubs like those mentioned over us like. After the last few seasons, you'd have to question the ambition of any player that saw us as a priority.

I am not blaming him at all, he's a cracking player. But people were going to town on Mitrovic, yet he didn't say anything remotely similar. Imagine if he said "I went to Rome, had a look about, but they couldn't afford me". People wouldn't even want us to sign him man :lol:

Some people where complaining that Mitrovic was taking the p*ss by hanging around for either Roma or Porto. Yet Mbemba admits that the only reason he is coming here is because Broussia Monchengladbach and Atletico Madrid can't meet the asking price that Anderlecht set :lol:

Obviously been taking a leaf out of Gueyes book on what not to say when being transferred...

Don't see any issue at all with what he says there.  He only mentions that other clubs tried to sign him before us but failed with their offers to Anderlecht, he was likely asked the question of other interest..

Just a massive stretch IMO to take his comments as "I only signed for Newcastle because these clubs couldn't match the fee".  I mean he could lie and say those two clubs matched the fee but he then turned them down, but why on earth should he do that?

He never said he's only here because they didn't meet Anderlecht's demands mind [emoji38]

He might be but he never actually said that, going off his quotes.

“I went to visit (Borussia) Monchengladbach’s facilities. I had a good interview with their management, and the coach tried to sell it to me but the club could not pay what Anderlecht requested.

“Atlético have also made a offer, but it was refused for the same reasons.”

That to me, doesn't say "Newcastle was my first choice", it says "I would of signed for BMG, but they can't afford me"

It only matters if our offer was on the table, which it probably wasn't at that point.

Not that it really matters anyway, he's a footballer trying to earn the best living for himself and a team challenging for the CL 2 seasons ago wanted him.

We had an appaling season which most of Europe knows about, even our troubles with owner and previous managers are well known, especially Carver. It's no surprise players aren't seeing us as their first choice, but as long as they sign for us and perform well I'm not too fussed.

Guest Roger Kint

Don't see any issue at all with what he says there.  He only mentions that other clubs tried to sign him before us but failed with their offers to Anderlecht, he was likely asked the question of other interest..

This. Theres a world of difference between saying he nearly signed for other teams but they couldnt match the fee to actively stalling to get a better move(if that was even true)

Ridiculous to even suggest theres owt wrong with his quotes

Aye but he didn't come out and say that he's only here because those clubs couldn't agree a fee, it's misleading and people will come in to the thread read it and get p*ssed at something he didn't actually say. :lol:

Your missing the point I am making now like. People HAVE and DID slate Mitrovic within the last week because he was APPARENTLY waiting for Roma / Porto. Now imagine adding those Mbemba quotes to Mitrovics scenario. Would have been WWIII in the Mitrovic thread.

Guest Roger Kint

Aye but he didn't come out and say that he's only here because those clubs couldn't agree a fee, it's misleading and people will come in to the thread read it and get p*ssed at something he didn't actually say. :lol:

Your missing the point I am making now like. People HAVE and DID slate Mitrovic within the last week because he was APPARENTLY waiting for Roma / Porto. Now imagine adding those Mbemba quotes to Mitrovics scenario. Would have been WWIII in the Mitrovic thread.

So your point is 'imagine if something that didnt happen actually happened?' :lol:

We had an appaling season which most of Europe knows about, even our troubles with owner and previous managers are well known, especially Carver. It's no surprise players aren't seeing us as their first choice, but as long as they sign for us and perform well I'm not too fussed.

There's nothing to suggest we weren't his first choice. He sounded over the moon to fulfill his dream of joining Premier League. Agree in general of course.

So your point is 'imagine if something that didnt happen actually happened?' :lol:

Like Mitrovic apparently wanting to go to Porto or Roma, yet we have absolutely no evidence? Yet people went mental? Aye.

Probably would but tbh it's standard stuff really, rarely a transfer goes by without it happening :lol:

Jesus man :lol:

That's all am saying, am chuffed the bloke is coming here, probably for all the coon. But am just saying, people would have taken those quotes out of context had it been Mitrovic.

Anyway here's coming here and no more Williamson  :indi:

That's reason to celebrate tbh.

Until Willo does well in training and SmC decides we don't need another new CB as he's like a new signing and puts him ahead of Colo, Saylor, Dummett and Lascelles.  :whistle:

Posted on TF - sorry if Giggs;

Anderlecht fan on Chancel Mbemba...

Whatever club signs him can consider themselves very lucky. 10M would be an absolute steal. He truly has the potential to become one of the best central defenders in the world. The past two seasons he has been our best player by a mile. Basically every Anderlecht supporter agrees with this. He is strong in the air, he is incredibly fast and almost impossible to beat 1 vs 1. He also has good technique and passing for a central defender. His games in the champions league this season confirm this. About his weaknesses : Sometimes he tend to lose a bit of concentration and he can also be a little reckless at times.

Anyway here's coming here and no more Williamson  :indi:

That's reason to celebrate tbh.

Until Willo does well in training and SmC decides we don't need another new CB as he's like a new signing and puts him ahead of Colo, Saylor, Dummett and Lascelles.  :whistle:

That's disgusting to even think about such atrocities. /KaKa

Guest Roger Kint

Like Mitrovic apparently wanting to go to Porto or Roma, yet we have absolutely no evidence? Yet people went mental? Aye.

He spoke to Roma, Porto & Benfica about contracts, we know that. We also know we were the only side prepared to pay the required fee. None of this is even remotely close to what Mbemba said :lol:

Whatever club signs him can consider themselves very lucky. 10M would be an absolute steal. He truly has the potential to become one of the best central defenders in the world. The past two seasons he has been our best player by a mile. Basically every Anderlecht supporter agrees with this. He is strong in the air, he is incredibly fast and almost impossible to beat 1 vs 1. He also has good technique and passing for a central defender. His games in the champions league this season confirm this. About his weaknesses : Sometimes he tend to lose a bit of concentration and he can also be a little reckless at times.

You should be sorry because that is sooooooooooo  :giggs:

You should be sorry because that is sooooooooooo  :giggs:

:giggs:

He spoke to Roma, Porto & Benfica about contracts, we know that. We also know we were the only side prepared to pay the required fee. None of this is even remotely close to what Mbemba said :lol:

No, we know his dad 'apparently' wanted to talk to Roma and Porto over us, but no quotes. And he certainly didn't say it himself.

Anyway, lets stop this. Av admitted am happy he's coming, but the Mitrovic thread was constantly full of "f*** him", "Walk away, doesn't want to be here" posts, off far less, which is why I mentioned it. :lol: