Chancel Mbemba

Nobody

People are way overreacting to those quotes. So he has an interview with Atletico but clubs can't agree a fee. Do you really expect him to turn Atletico down on the hunch that we may approach him in the future. We hadn't even shown any concrete interest at that stage (all we had done was send a scout to watch him, lots of teams probably did).

He seems to be suggesting that he was close to moving a few times but is now happy to come to the Premier league, seems pretty standard.

Guest Roger Kint

Aye but he didn't come out and say that he's only here because those clubs couldn't agree a fee, it's misleading and people will come in to the thread read it and get p*ssed at something he didn't actually say. :lol:

Your missing the point I am making now like. People HAVE and DID slate Mitrovic within the last week because he was APPARENTLY waiting for Roma / Porto. Now imagine adding those Mbemba quotes to Mitrovics scenario. Would have been WWIII in the Mitrovic thread.

So your point is 'imagine if something that didnt happen actually happened?' :lol:

Like Mitrovic apparently wanting to go to Porto or Roma, yet we have absolutely no evidence? Yet people went mental? Aye.

He spoke to Roma, Porto & Benfica about contracts, we know that. We also know we were the only side prepared to pay the required fee. None of this is even remotely close to what Mbemba said :lol:

No, we know his dad 'apparently' wanted to talk to Roma and Porto over us, but no quotes. And he certainly didn't say it himself.

Anyway, lets stop this. Av admitted am happy he's coming, but the Mitrovic thread was constantly full of "f*** him", "Walk away, doesn't want to be here" posts, off far less, which is why I mentioned it. :lol:

"I have received an offer from Roma, but I still do not know if I will accept," Mitrovic told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

"I have to decide, together with my agent, the best solution for my career.

"Roma is a strong team, a very good team, and I know Rudi Garcia well, he is a great coach.

"Soon you will know my destination. Aside from Roma, there is also strong interest of Benfica and Porto.

"It will be important for me to feel good in the country and, when I choose my new team, I need to have assurances that I will play.

"For sure, in Italy the sun always shines. In Belgium it was fine, but it's time to go elsewhere, to have other experiences."

Guest Roger Kint

Aye but he didn't come out and say that he's only here because those clubs couldn't agree a fee, it's misleading and people will come in to the thread read it and get p*ssed at something he didn't actually say. :lol:

Your missing the point I am making now like. People HAVE and DID slate Mitrovic within the last week because he was APPARENTLY waiting for Roma / Porto. Now imagine adding those Mbemba quotes to Mitrovics scenario. Would have been WWIII in the Mitrovic thread.

So your point is 'imagine if something that didnt happen actually happened?' :lol:

Like Mitrovic apparently wanting to go to Porto or Roma, yet we have absolutely no evidence? Yet people went mental? Aye.

He spoke to Roma, Porto & Benfica about contracts, we know that. We also know we were the only side prepared to pay the required fee. None of this is even remotely close to what Mbemba said :lol:

No, we know his dad 'apparently' wanted to talk to Roma and Porto over us, but no quotes. And he certainly didn't say it himself.

Anyway, lets stop this. Av admitted am happy he's coming, but the Mitrovic thread was constantly full of "f*** him", "Walk away, doesn't want to be here" posts, off far less, which is why I mentioned it. :lol:

"I have received an offer from Roma, but I still do not know if I will accept," Mitrovic told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

"I have to decide, together with my agent, the best solution for my career.

"Roma is a strong team, a very good team, and I know Rudi Garcia well, he is a great coach.

"Soon you will know my destination. Aside from Roma, there is also strong interest of Benfica and Porto.

"It will be important for me to feel good in the country and, when I choose my new team, I need to have assurances that I will play.

"For sure, in Italy the sun always shines. In Belgium it was fine, but it's time to go elsewhere, to have other experiences."

But yeah no quotes

Guest Roger Kint

But yeah no quotes

Where there does it say they can't sign him due to funds? Or that he went to Roma or Porto to check out the facilities?

That shows interested parties. Well done.

I dont fucking care :lol:

I only said Mbemba said nowt wrong despite your daft post. That took 10 seconds to find, if you spent as much time thinking about what daft point you were making as you did backtracking over them we could save everyone else a page of bullshit. You stated there was no contact in the above post, then stated there was no quotes. Make your mind up man, we are signing both who gives a fuck how/when it went about? Jesus what a numpty :lol:

I dont f***ing care :lol:

I only said Mbemba said nowt wrong despite your daft post. That took 10 seconds to find, if you spent as much time thinking about what daft point you were making as you did backtracking over them we could save everyone else a page of bullshit. You stated there was no contact in the above post, then stated there was no quotes. Make your mind up man, we are signing both who gives a f*** how/when it went about? Jesus what a numpty :lol:

I never back tracked at all, I am happy we are signing them both you divvy :lol:

If it stops here, it's no different to last year when we bought Cabella, De Jong etc and then stopped because it had covered the Debuchy and Cabaye fees. :lol:

The next signings (if any at all)  will be true sign if McClaren's words about ambition are true or not.

:thup:

We've spent a bit more money than last year, but to me it's just the same as we've bought a few foreign blokes I've never heard of same as last year.

I didn't know Cabella, Riviere or Ayoze and only Ayoze could really be considered a success. Obviously Janmaat I'd seen at the World Cup.

I've never heard of the 3 kids we've signed this summer either.

Guest Povic

Medical today? Have he been seen somewhere or? :cheesy:

He's in Paris sorting his VISA apparently. Medical tomorrow.

Nice let's hope they find out how old he really is!

Somethig tells me his Medical wont be straight forward as theyll want to verify his age.

MRI scan to test his bones or something?

How's that work? See how many rings are inside it?

Somethig tells me his Medical wont be straight forward as theyll want to verify his age.

MRI scan to test his bones or something?

How's that work? See how many rings are inside it?

TBH I haven't got a fucking clue :lol:

Somebody posted a link a few days ago, which showed that was how Anderlecht decided he was only 19. I think it might not work :lol:

If it stops here, it's no different to last year when we bought Cabella, De Jong etc and then stopped because it had covered the Debuchy and Cabaye fees. :lol:

The next signings (if any at all)  will be true sign if McClaren's words about ambition are true or not.

:thup:

We've spent a bit more money than last year, but to me it's just the same as we've bought a few foreign blokes I've never heard of same as last year.

I didn't know Cabella, Riviere or Ayoze and only Ayoze could really be considered a success. Obviously Janmaat I'd seen at the World Cup.

I've never heard of the 3 kids we've signed this summer either.

I'd say these three are a class above last year's buys, and do indicate a change in policy.

How big a change (ie how many more signings), and whether it'll be the same every year, we don't know. But it does look like Ashley meant what he said.