Chancel Mbemba

Nobody

We definitely need another centre back as this lad is fairly inexperienced and not the tallest.

Also does anyone know how to opt back to the mobile site? I'm on the desktop version of the forum and its a nightmare

Providing he signs we still need 3 imo. Another CB, a winger and a forward would be nice. Still not sure about LB either.

@Sporting_AND: Mbemba: "Newcastle is a club with a lot of ambition, they aren't a hangers-on club. McClaren can lead Newcastle to succes. " #nufc

Hehehe

Jesus. Get him signed up QUICK before he realises we're the exact opposite.

I just hope he is as physical as is being touted.  We are desperate for players who can compete in the air at both ends of the pitch on crosses and set pieces.  Whoever the second of the defenders were supposedly after is, he'd better be 6 foot going on 7.

@Sporting_AND: Mbemba: "Newcastle is a club with a lot of ambition, they aren't a hangers-on club. McClaren can lead Newcastle to succes. " #nufc

Hehehe

:yao: Poor sod, let's get him here and show him what we're all about.

Hehehe

:yao: Poor sod, let's get him here and show him what we're all about.

We are literally the opposite. He has no idea what is about to happen...

Also does anyone know how to opt back to the mobile site? I'm on the desktop version of the forum and its a nightmare

Couple of links at the bottom of each page, mobile and the fully stripped back WAP version.

This transfer will take us to the 35 million mark which was what we had in surplus if I recall? Will be interesting to see whether or not the spending stops here.

I've been thinking about this actually and wondering if Ashley would sanction advance spending of the seasons guaranteed TV money this time, or some of it anyway? I mean there's 70m or guaranteed at the end of the season regardless of what happens and pretty soon the deals go up and prices will go up along with it. If I was them I'd be spending now on a team that can play together for the next 2-3 years and then only having to fill minor gaps after the new deal kicks in.

It would also get shitloads of people back onside, regardless of the fact he could just turn off the taps from then on in and start selling players when they come good again.

Wage bill will probably be an issue mind, they've got to lose a lot of the dead wood.

Guest Roger Kint

This transfer will take us to the 35 million mark which was what we had in surplus if I recall? Will be interesting to see whether or not the spending stops here.

I've been thinking about this actually and wondering if Ashley would sanction advance spending of the seasons guaranteed TV money this time, or some of it anyway? I mean there's 70m or guaranteed at the end of the season regardless of what happens and pretty soon the deals go up and prices will go up along with it. If I was them I'd be spending now on a team that can play together for the next 2-3 years and then only having to fill minor gaps after the new deal kicks in.

It would also get shitloads of people back onside, regardless of the fact he could just turn off the taps from then on in and start selling players when they come good again.

Wage bill will probably be an issue mind, they've got to lose a lot of the dead wood.

Realistically we have about £50-£60m in the bank at 1 July this year less whatever we spend. Absolutely no reason we cant spend it all given even relegation would give us another big profit by 30 June 2016. My biggest concern is that we start going one in/one out from this point as that would completely negate the good work of the three signings.

If it stops here, it's no different to last year when we bought Cabella, De Jong etc and then stopped because it had covered the Debuchy and Cabaye fees. :lol:

The next signings (if any at all)  will be true sign if McClaren's words about ambition are true or not.

Guest Roger Kint

If it stops here, it's no different to last year when we bought Cabella, De Jong etc and then stopped because it had covered the Debuchy and Cabaye fees. :lol:

The next signings (if any at all)  will be true sign if McClaren's words about ambition are true or not.

:thup:

If it stops here, it's no different to last year when we bought Cabella, De Jong etc and then stopped because it had covered the Debuchy and Cabaye fees. [emoji38]

:thup:

Yep :thup:

I like the look of this lad and the three signings have got me a bit giddy. Probably setting me up for yet more frustration than anything else. However, as others have already said, a few more solid signings (and hopefully getting rid of some rotten wood) will see us right?  :undecided:

Some people where complaining that Mitrovic was taking the piss by hanging around for either Roma or Porto. Yet Mbemba admits that the only reason he is coming here is because Broussia Monchengladbach and Atletico Madrid can't meet the asking price that Anderlecht set :lol:

Some people where complaining that Mitrovic was taking the piss by hanging around for either Roma or Porto. Yet Mbemba admits that the only reason he is coming here is because Broussia Monchengladbach and Atletico Madrid can't meet the asking price that Anderlecht set :lol:

Can't really blame players for preferring clubs like those mentioned over us like. After the last few seasons, you'd have to question the ambition of any player that saw us as a priority.