Chancel Mbemba

Nobody

If it stops here, it's no different to last year when we bought Cabella, De Jong etc and then stopped because it had covered the Debuchy and Cabaye fees. :lol:

The next signings (if any at all)  will be true sign if McClaren's words about ambition are true or not.

:thup:

We've spent a bit more money than last year, but to me it's just the same as we've bought a few foreign blokes I've never heard of same as last year.

I didn't know Cabella, Riviere or Ayoze and only Ayoze could really be considered a success. Obviously Janmaat I'd seen at the World Cup.

I've never heard of the 3 kids we've signed this summer either.

I'd say these three are a class above last year's buys, and do indicate a change in policy.

How big a change (ie how many more signings), and whether it'll be the same every year, we don't know. But it does look like Ashley meant what he said.

I respectfully disagree. Wijnaldum and Janmaat are both full internationals without being mainstays in our NT, so I would say they are roughly the same level. Then there is Mitrovic whose reputation is similar to Cabella's really, and he's come from a similar club in a smaller competition, which is also where it looks like we are getting Mbemba from. This is not to say I'm not pleased we've brought these in, but let's not pretend that these players come with huge pedigree, and as such are guaranteed to succeed and improve this club significantly.

I agree and it's why I would like us to sign some proven premier league centre back too. Even if it's just a journeyman who is good but nothing special, it would provide us with security at the back in case this guy and lascalles prove to be totally useless

Medical today? Have he been seen somewhere or? :cheesy:

Somethig tells me his Medical wont be straight forward as theyll want to verify his age.

MRI scan to test his bones or something?

The MRI wrist test only works up til 17. I am quite sure it is not even considered reliable for the u-20's. Even then the MRI test can be suspect. When Nigeria were doing the round of testing for their last u-17 tourney, one of the boys that failed was well-documented to have been born and raised in the United States well within the appropriate range.

He really does look late 30's/early 40's. Either another age fraud or a REALLY hard paper round.

He doesn't look particularly old, imo, he is a just a somewhat ugly guy. :lol:

If you want ugly you should see that Claude Leroy guy from Nicky's post at the top of the last page (2nd photo in).

He looks like that Nazi fella from Raiders of the Lost Ark. After his face has been melted.

:lol: That ugly man is Le Roy. The witchdoctor! Seemingly on a mission to manage every team on the continent (I believe he has managed both Congos twice). I would actually like the guy if he could keep my country's name out of his mouth for more than ten seconds.

Perhaps he thinks the Ark of the Covenant is buried somewhere in Africa and is just moving around until he finds it.

I agree and it's why I would like us to sign some proven premier league centre back too. Even if it's just a journeyman who is good but nothing special, it would provide us with security at the back in case this guy and lascalles prove to be totally useless

I have said this before, but who? most of the PL CBs that isn't bought and paid for by the top 6 are crap tbh. We are more likely to able to get someone with CL experience but in a "lesser" league.

Kaboul hasn't been good for ages and makes Steven Taylor look reliable fitness wise, i think league experience is a bit overrated tbh. Southampton's team had hardly any last year and they did fine.

This. What's the point of experience when it's experience of being crap? Or even worse, being coached by a Premier League manager like Pardew?

Fair enough. If we have to break the bank to get someone guaranteed to be good we will always be going for Mbemba. I just am nervous of new defenses.

To be clear though i do want experience, but someone with CL experience like Matip for example wouldn't be fearful of coming in and facing PL players.

I just think it's important to get quality and probably the best way to do that is get someone who played in France/Germany but has CL experience.

How much did Kaboul cost for Sunderland, wouldn't be a terrible just in case signing but tbh they are probably paying him ludicrous money.

Tottenham fans I know can't believe their luck in getting that amount of money for Kaboul, a player they reckon hasn't played well for two seasons, if in fact he's not injured and plays at all. Will be proved to be not such a good signing for the mackems I reckon? Hope so  :)

How much did Kaboul cost for Sunderland, wouldn't be a terrible just in case signing but tbh they are probably paying him ludicrous money.

Tottenham fans I know can't believe their luck in getting that amount of money for Kaboul, a player they reckon hasn't played well for two seasons, if in fact he's not injured and plays at all. Will be proved to be not such a good signing for the mackems I reckon? Hope so  :)

He's bound to be an upgrade on O'Shea and Brown though.

If we'd had any sense Mbwia would now be first choice and with enough experience to now help Mbemba. I hope Lascalles comes good, worried he looked rather clumsy.

I championed Mbiwa from his Montpellier days but the more I saw of him here the less I thought he'd adapt to the premier league. Should have been told he'd get that entire half season, good or bad, after Cabaye left and we weren't playing for anything, to find out for definite.

Younes Kaboul is absolute shite. He's like what you'd get if you took all the negatives from Williamson, Taylor and MYM, and moulded them into one steaming turd burger.

I know Mbemba is supposedly a powerful specimine, but I wouldn't want 2 CBs at 5"11.

I don't believe it but Anderlecht fans seem to think he's really good in the air, he must have a hell of a spring on him if so.

If that's what Anderlecht fans think I'd be inclined to believe them, they know him best after all.  Also even if you don't rate the league they've also seen him play in the Champions League.  Not like you can't be great in the air at 5 foot 11 either.  Tempted to watch a couple of their Champions League games if I can find them online.

I know Mbemba is supposedly a powerful specimine, but I wouldn't want 2 CBs at 5"11.

I don't believe it but Anderlecht fans seem to think he's really good in the air, he must have a hell of a spring on him if so.

If that's what Anderlecht fans think I'd be inclined to believe them, they know him best after all.  Also even if you don't rate the league they've also seen him play in the Champions League.  Not like you can't be great in the air at 5 foot 11 either.  Tempted to watch a couple of their Champions League games if I can find them online.

I believe them in a sense, but it might not translate because obviously the standard of forward will be better in England. Obviously CL is different but Giroud was probably the best forward they faced in that group.