York City 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 29/7/15 @ 7.45 pm BST

Nobody

Centre Mid and full back should be relatively similar skill set wise anyway. Lots of players have been able to play both. Not comparing Bigi to Lahm, Zanetti or Essien, but the point stands.

I fully expected a second string. It will be completely different on Saturday.

We can't expect the strongest 11 against York and on Saturday. They can't afford tired legs to get injured.

Surprised De Jong is playing.

Agreed, it's not a strange thing to see either. Most clubs do similar throughout pre season, Barca's team against Chelsea last night had like one starter. :lol:

I'm really not concerned by it, what i am concerned by is the fit defenders are all shit and we again haven't bought anywhere near the required players.

Centre Mid and full back should be relatively similar skill set wise anyway. Lots of players have been able to play both. Not comparing Bigi to Lahm, Zanetti or Essien, but the point stands.

It's just that we have two quite talented CMs, who we should aim to develop as such, rather than pissing about playing a 29 year old destroyed striker.

The first-choice defenders played a fair bit at Gateshead, in the USA and then Sheffield United. One more game on Saturday before playing Southampton is fair enough imo.

Full backs yes, but central defenders? Only Mike Williamson has probably seen enough minutes to be theoretically considered "match fit"...

I fully expected a second string. It will be completely different on Saturday.

We can't expect the strongest 11 against York and on Saturday. They can't afford tired legs to get injured.

Surprised De Jong is playing.

Agreed, it's not a strange thing to see either. Most clubs do similar throughout pre season, Barca's team against Chelsea last night had like one starter. :lol:

I'm really not concerned by it, what i am concerned by is the fit defenders are all shit and we again haven't bought anywhere near the required players.

Aye, it's worrying that Williamson is being rested, suggests he going to start on Saturday, which in turn will suggest he's to start against Southampton.

Cisse, Colback, Sissoko, Wijnaldum etc will all start against Gladbach.

The first-choice defenders played a fair bit at Gateshead, in the USA and then Sheffield United. One more game on Saturday before playing Southampton is fair enough imo.

Full backs yes, but central defenders? Only Mike Williamson has probably seen enough minutes to be theoretically considered "match fit"...

Think we'll see Willo against Southampton unless a mircale (another CB buy) happens :anguish:

It's just that we have two quite talented CMs, who we should aim to develop as such, rather than pissing about playing a 29 year old destroyed striker.

That's a fair point like. :lol:

Taylor should be playing, i won't argue that at all. The other 3 who could start at Southampton, fitness wise could start a game tomorrow though IMO. Obviously hopefully something prevents Williamson from playing against Southampton.

Would prefer a 50% Colo and Mbemba( assuming he's granted a visa in time) over that waste of space.

York City starting line-up v Newcastle: Flinders, McCoy, Lowe, Winfield, McCombe, Straker, Berrett, Summerfield, Penn, Oliver, Player A.

York City substitutes: Ingham, Swan, Player B, Nolan, Platt, Rzonca, Godfrey, Meikle, Ilesanmi, Carson.

Good to see the Player twins are playing

We're playing York City away in a pre-season friendly... To be quite honest I'm glad half of the team aren't anywhere near there.

If we played our strongest 11 everyone would moan when we pick up six injuries.

Surprised Kemen isn't in from the start.

Mitrovic will be hoyed off as soon as possible, only playing as he's had little pre-season time.