Newcastle United vs Southampton FC - 09/08/15 1.30 pm BST - Pre match thread

Nobody

Colo and Mbemba playing CB together in training now.

This being the other team (Team Bibs): Krul, Janmaat, Williamson, Taylor, Haidara, Colback, Anita, Sissoko, Wijnaldum, Obertan, Cisse

That looks suspiciously like the starting line up for the weekend  :(

Honestly reckon McClaren might play this:

Krul

Janmaat Taylor Williamson Haidara

Colback Wijnaldum

Sissoko        De Jong      Obertan

Cisse

Wouldn't surprise me at all.

Not far from it going off this training session. Which might or may not mean anything. Wijnaldum in the no. 10 role, and Anita in for de Jong.

Shit if true.

Steve McClaren has told The Daily Mail that he is undecided about starting Aleksandar Mitrovic against Southampton

“He’s only 20. He’s still got a lot of potential to come. I’ll see how he trains this week before deciding if he starts.”

Steve McClaren has told The Daily Mail that he is undecided about starting Aleksandar Mitrovic against Southampton

“He’s only 20. He’s still got a lot of potential to come. I’ll see how he trains this week before deciding if he starts.”

Don't blame him TBH, it's quite a big call between him and Cisse.

Which is fair.

Just don't hope him being young turns into an "excuse". Have no problem with him assessing them in training of course. I would start Mitrovic though.

No issues with Cisse starting for me and brining Mitrovic on to shake things up (literally) later in the match.  In a way be a nicer introduction for him, bring him on with 30 mins to go to a standing ovation - pops up with the winner.  Everyone goes home happy.