Goal you have celebrated the most?

bealios

I'm shocked some of you celebrated Man City goals. At least Chelsea were winning stuff before they got all the money.

Man City are the bin man that won the lottery.

Chelsea are the rich kid who went to a top private school, fucked up his grades because he was thick as fuck but ended up CEO of a company anyway because his dad pulled some strings.

It's easier to stomach with Chelsea. When you're walking around the streets of NYC and you see City tops, it's really pathetic and I'll never get over it.

Chelsea under Jose are deplorable though.

I'm shocked some of you celebrated Man City goals. At least Chelsea were winning stuff before they got all the money.

Chelsea are the rich kid who went to a top private school, fucked up his grades because he was thick as fuck but ended up CEO of a company anyway because his dad pulled some strings.

Had a total flashback with this. I remembered The Dustbinmen, a shit ITV comedy series from the 60s/70s. One of the characters was always bringing up Frannie Lee and Colin Bell and "City". Jesus. If you have any other cultural references that will give me the creeps please keep them to yourself.

Christ. Just looked it up and I must have blanked most of it out. It sounds terrible. Fancy my parents putting that on for me to watch while they went for a drink/fight/shag*. Ah, the good old days. :lol:

* This was one combined event btw, completed in under 30 minutes :lol:

It's easier to stomach with Chelsea. When you're walking around the streets of NYC and you see City tops, it's really pathetic and I'll never get over it.

At least there are Man City fans out there who have been down the league's, and had to watch in as their rivals won everything.

Meanwhile Chelsea fans were going round beating people and being thugs.

At least there are Man City fans out there who have been down the league's, and had to watch in as their rivals won everything.

Meanwhile Chelsea fans were going round beating people and being thugs.

Amen to that brother. I had two kickings from Chelsea fans (adults) before I was 16; home and away. The home one (Central Station)  I wasn't even going to the match!  My son supports City (local team ... Lucky BA....boy). And when I take him it feels far more tolerable (Particularly League Cup...) than the dreaded red alternative would have done.

Not really sure where your argument comes from here. Both clubs had very similar levels of success before the injection of recent money.

Man City at least as a fanbase represent a decent working class stock. Chelsea fans have a history of being NF thugs.

Chelsea owe postcode and the economic structure of wealth in this country. Their improvement in the 90s and then 00s is because they had people living locally who were very wealthy. If they'd been located in a working class city rather than Kensington they'd have gone the way of clubs like Leeds.

Man City are an accident that probably should never have happened, and I don't particularly like that way of gaining success, but its a fair bit more easy to stomach than bourgeois clubs like Chelsea, PSG, Monaco etc.

I agree with that. Don't mind Man City at all tbh. May sound mad but Robinho was probably the most important signing they made. They'd signed some very good players around that time, but I think he was the one that set the ball rolling for the likes of Tevez, Aguero, Silva, etc to follow.

Living in the shadows of their neighbours started it, then the shite you hear all the time about how great they were as a supporter base when they decided to still support their team when they got relegated. Then they have that generic we're mint because we're Mancs shit. Tramps.

What success did Man City have before they got the money? They were fighting to stay in the league and signing players like Mpenza and Bernado Corradi. Chelsea were at least winning FA Cup and Uefa Cup and getting in the top four. It seemed a natural progression like if Spurs were hit with that type of cash injection now, I wouldn't be mad because they've always aimed to be at that level anyway.

What success did Man City have before they got the money? They were fighting to stay in the league and signing players like Mpenza and Bernado Corradi. Chelsea were at least winning FA Cup and Uefa Cup and getting in the top four. It seemed a natural progression like if Spurs were hit with that type of cash injection now, I wouldn't be mad because they've always aimed to be at that level anyway.

The season before Roman bought them, Chelsea's one signing was De Lucas (I think?) on a loan deal. They were in mountains of debt and not even the Champions League qualification was any guarantee they'd sort themselves out.

But they still had quality players like Zola, Lampard, Terry, Gudjonsen, Desailly etc. They just went a level up where as City went up like five levels. I always felt like we could beat City but now we can't. It's basically a guaranteed loss.

But they still had quality players like Zola, Lampard, Terry, Gudjonsen, Desailly etc. They just went a level up where as City went up like five levels. I always felt like we could beat City but now we can't. It's basically a guaranteed loss.

Aye but they were close to getting into territory where players would have to be sold. Christ, we were pretty close to getting Gallas & Terry at one stage for under £10m each around the time we got Woodgate.

They spent beyond their means under Bates in the 90s/00s and got bailed out because they happened to have fucking billionaires on their doorstep. Historically (considering football also existed before 1993), both clubs had very similar levels of success. Infact City were probably the bigger club before the PL era. You realise Chelsea were getting 12k crowds in the late 80s and early 90s right?

Chelsea won the lottery twice. First they won with Ambrovich, then they won when they got Mourinho. Has they not have got them then I doubt they would have had the success they had, he was the difference between them being a rich and successful club, to being a rich club who struggle like QPR.

Their fans went around beating up everyone they could get their hands on, and they still do and still tell the stories of how they kicked 7 shits out of the fans of such and such team but couldn't tell you what the match result were.

Man City fans are harmless, and as I've said before, they have had to endure the bad sides of football before they got where they got. Generally their fans are good quality loyal fans, they have always seemed to be like a people's club. Yes I'm fucking jealous of them, it could so easily have been us, but I can't begrudge a (mostly) good group of fans success.

Hopefully some day we will be there competing and winning.