Who Is NUFC's Worst Player?

Guest firetotheworks
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Obertan surely has to be better than Gouffran though? As bad as he is, Obertan is at least capable of the odd assist and can be a "threat". Gouffran by contrast has done literally nothing for at least a year and a half beyond hiding, with the very few goals he's scored being complete flukes, whilst his "work rate" is almost as mythical as Alan Smith's was.

Gouffran for me suffered the most severe Pardewing of the lot,seem to remember him getting favourable reviews in his first stint here. Obertan though.has always maintained a high level of toxic abuse thrown at him,athlete with pea brain and heart

Obertan surely has to be better than Gouffran though? As bad as he is, Obertan is at least capable of the odd assist and can be a "threat". Gouffran by contrast has done literally nothing for at least a year and a half beyond hiding, with the very few goals he's scored being complete flukes, whilst his "work rate" is almost as mythical as Alan Smith's was.

:thup:

Went for Elliott as he's the only one who seems to think it's acceptable for a professional footballer in the 21st century to be fat as f***. In terms of being a crap, ineffective liability of a footballer, Tiote has regressed badly and in his present form is comfortably up there with the other names mentioned.

So much mediocrity in that squad list!!!

I thought Gouffran was half decent up until about November 2013. Was nothing special but was never anything particularly bad anyway. The biggest victim of being Pardewed of them all imo.

I thought Gouffran was half decent up until about November 2013. Was nothing special but was never anything particularly bad anyway. The biggest victim of being Pardewed of them all imo.

Aye wasn't too bad till then. His 2014 is probably a candidate for worst year for a first team regular ever. 35 games, 0 goals, 0 assists or something like that

Guest firetotheworks

Aye wasn't too bad till then. His 2014 is probably a candidate for worst year for a first team regular ever. 35 games, 0 goals, 0 assists or something like that

That's pretty much NUFC's stats for 2014, man. :lol:

Is that an excuse like? :lol: Imagine playing 35 games on the left wing without scoring or creating a goal

Guest firetotheworks

Is that an excuse like?  :lol:

Yes.

I went for footballing intelligence rather than athleticism or anything else, hence why I went for Obertan here and Perez on the other one.

I'm all about players who play the game how you would if you didn't drink too much, smoke too much and had anywhere near enough footballing ability.

The contrast between Obertan and Perez illustrates this, regardless of physical gifts one of them always knows what to do with the ball and the other one doesn't. Even Gouffran has more awareness of this than Obertan.

Gouffran. I've seen Williamson have some canny games (alongside Perch and keeping Suarez quiet for example) and many more horrific ones; but other than a very-modest-at-best goal ratio over his first dozen games I've seen absolutely nothing from Gouffran worthy of a positive comment. He's the definition of cart horse.