West Ham 2 - 0 Newcastle United - 14/09/15 - Post-match reaction from page 40

BlueStar

Neville summed it up pretty perfectly when he said that the midfielder neither creates anything nor stops counter attacks. It's completely redundant at the moment.

:thup:

Think it was Dave yesterday, said our defence, midfield and attack are always anonymous together, we never have a strong section of the team to rely on. It's insane.

Neville summed it up pretty perfectly when he said that the midfielder neither creates anything nor stops counter attacks. It's completely redundant at the moment.

Which midfielder was he talking about? Or was he just talking about the midfield in general?

Wijnaldum, and optimistically Tiote, are the only players who can put their stamp on the midfield. At least one of them needs to play.

I love Anita as a player but him and Colback together isn't going to work.

Tiote wasn't even on the bench yesterday. There's something wrong there clearly.

Wijnaldum needs to see more of the ball and he won't do that in the posision he plays now. Needs to play deeper.

This is so obvious.

Another thing, we're too direct when we go forward. Nobody can rest on the ball and have others get into position or come forward other than Perez. Sissoko is always looking to go to the byline, Cissé is too weak to hold it up, Wijnaldum looks for quick solutions. We end up trying to penetrate with one or two players all the time.

Still not worried after last night, we'll be fine, we have the right ideas. Need to gel and to adjust the team a bit. Colback or Anita needs to sit the next one out, Colback for me. Get Gini down deeper and play Ayoze from the start.

Wijnaldum needs to see more of the ball and he won't do that in the posision he plays now. Needs to play deeper.

This is so obvious.

Another thing, we're too direct when we go forward. Nobody can rest on the ball and have others get into position or come forward other than Perez. Sissoko is always looking to go to the byline, Cissé is too weak to hold it up, Wijnaldum looks for quick solutions. We end up trying to penetrate with one or two players all the time.

Still not worried after last night, we'll be fine, we have the right ideas. Need to gel and to adjust the team a bit. Colback or Anita needs to sit the next one out, Colback for me. Get Gini down deeper and play Ayoze from the start.

Voice of reason Alan. Your words ring true (we all hope), I will give my heed a shake and look forward to playing Watford,  Sheff Wed,  Norwich, and Stoke at home and our annual wade through the silt  into the Palladium of Sheeeite. Not bothered about the other two games, but by end of October here's to an additional 10 points and the fourth round of the COC (fingers crossed).

Watched some highlights now. Obviously not anything like watching the whole game but from what I saw, Colback and Anita both at fault for the first goal but also a great finish by Payet who seems a great player from what I've seen this season. Wijnaldum also wasn't great in the build up to that goal being very weak in the challenge.

Janmaat got turned very easily for another chance and should have scored as well but fair play to him for getting into that position. Another counter attack then with our two "sitting" players both in the opposition penalty area for some reason. You can complain about Sissoko all you like but he ran about 70 yards at full speed to get back for that counter while most of our players jogged back slowly.

Next another counter attack that led to the second goal. Awful ball in, then poor from Anita after the initial shot hit the bar. Then the Janmaat chance, good play by Sissoko and a decent shot by Janmaat from a difficult angle.

As we all knew the midfield partnership isn't good enough and I'm not sure either of them are good enough even alongside a better player

Which midfielder was he talking about? Or was he just talking about the midfield in general?

All of them. Specifically, all of CM's (including Wijnaldum). Showed their pass maps. Showed how we looked liable to get hit on the counter. So they don't protect the defence. They don't create anything. As a unit, they don't do anything.

All of them. Specifically, all of CM's (including Wijnaldum). Showed their pass maps. Showed how we looked liable to get hit on the counter. So they don't protect the defence. They don't create anything. As a unit, they don't do anything.

Absolutely bang on tbf

Guest Roger Kint

popped over to the parents on the way home last night, flicked through to the Suns ratings as we talked about how shite we played and  they had Cisse & Colback with 7's and everyone else with 5's.

:lol:

Guest Roger Kint

popped over to the parents on the way home last night, flicked through to the Suns ratings as we talked about how shite we played and  they had Cisse & Colback with 7's and everyone else with 5's.

the fuck :lol:

:lol: I couldnt get my head round it, the review was praising Janmaat and slating Cisse then gives them those

popped over to the parents on the way home last night, flicked through to the Suns ratings as we talked about how s**** we played and  they had Cisse & Colback with 7's and everyone else with 5's.

the f*** :lol:

:lol: I couldnt get my head round it, the review was praising Janmaat and slating Cisse then gives them those

Written by chimps.

Just watched this.

Krul- Some shite kicking but didn't have much to do

Janmaat-our best player probably and best attacker until Ayoze came on.

Colo and Mbemba-both solid enough with some bad passes on the ball but happy enough with these.

Haidara-actually seems to have improved defensively but needs to learn how to cross.

Anita and Colback- If I see this partnership again I'll stab myself in the eyes

Sissoko- Ran himself into the ground for 60 minutes, then got tired and only featured from time to time. His passing actually got better when he slowed down near the end due to tiredness

Thauvin- Shit performance, hopefully a one off. Doesn't have much raw pace as others and myself mentioned previously

Wijnaldum- Poor until moved deeper where he looked way more comfortable

Cisse- Bad but no poacher in the world could score in our team

Perez- Very good, has to start from now until the end of time/when he moves to a good team

De Jong- Not as impressed by him as others seemed to be, some nice touches but seemed a bit timid

Just watched this.

Krul- Some s**** kicking but didn't have much to do Understatement about the kicking, he is getting worse

Janmaat-our best player probably and best attacker until Ayoze came on.

Colo and Mbemba-both solid enough with some bad passes on the ball but happy enough with these.

Haidara-actually seems to have improved defensively but needs to learn how to cross.

Anita and Colback- If I see this partnership again I'll stab myself in the eyes Main problem for our lack of attacks

Sissoko- Ran himself into the ground for 60 minutes, then got tired and only featured from time to time. His passing actually got better when he slowed down near the end due to tiredness

Thauvin- s*** performance, hopefully a one off. Doesn't have much raw pace as others and myself mentioned previously I thought he did well in the furst half, covered a hell of a lot of ground, not very effective attacking tho'

Wijnaldum- Poor until moved deeper where he looked way more comfortable

Cisse- Bad but no poacher in the world could score in our team problem with system (and his first touch)

Perez- Very good, has to start from now until the end of time/when he moves to a good team

De Jong- Not as impressed by him as others seemed to be, some nice touches but seemed a bit timid

Agree with most of this, and as far as the forum goes; I think we have all stated what Gary neville did in the aftermatch, so he ain't really this genius everyone tries to make out.

Gary, come and get a few lessons from us mate!! :coolsmiley: :cool: :frantic: