AFC Bournemouth 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 07/11/15 Post-match reaction from p.35

BlueStar

We've played well in our last two games and got fuck all. With a two week break, three points were vital.

That's two clean sheets in a row and 7 points from 12. It might be a glass half full view but that's all I've got. We've deserved a bit of luck and I'm pleased we got it.

Hopefully we can work on what went wrong and put in a performance against Leicester. Leicester man.

Guest Howaythetoon

Bournemouth play some great stuff mind, Ritchie looks a really busy player, he was all over us and very dangerous. Even Gosling looked good!

Bournemouth were as good as we were bad. They played as if they had another player on the pitch. Perhaps we should have had three in the middle.

I have every respect for Bournemouth and Howe. A mile away from the media's favourite wet - lipped moron who continues to con people.

Bournemouth were as good as we were bad. They played as if they had another player on the pitch. Perhaps we should have had three in the middle.

Howe is running his players into the ground and it'll cost them in the long run.

Two clean sheets with Colback out the side also. I'll choose to see a clear link between the two things.

Do we really count today as a clean sheet? :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/xtcPfEd.gif

When was the last time we played that bad but got 3 points?

Fulham away in like 08? Barton had a late penalty I think

That's not a bad shout. I remember that game, it was fucking shit :lol:

Incredible game. Didn´t deserve to win or draw. Happy with the win obviously!

Main problem is that central midfield. Need to buy 1 or 2 quality CMs. Please sell Anita, Colback and Tiote!

LB position is also weak as piss.

I have every respect for Bournemouth and Howe. A mile away from the media's favourite wet - lipped moron who continues to con people.

Agree with this. The bold bit in particular - exactly what I thought during many parts of the game.

Deserved the win on the grounds of not being a tinpot club in a Tory town IMO.

My kind of logic!

But I thought Bournemouth created low quality chances. About half were Gouffran level shots from outside the box.

The best chance was the Gosling header and that was on a tight angle where the keeper just has to stand up big.

The header from about 15 yards out on the sweeping move about a minute into the second half would have been scored by a good striker, but Bournemouth haven't got one that's fit.

CTN9uk0UwAAKrdG.png

Small box = low quality chance. Big box = high quality chance. Pink = goal.

Based on that game, I think bet Bournemouth look a good bet for relegation. The commentators and pundits were bigging them up during the game, but that was just typical condescension toward a minor player (we're one too) in the league. They should have criticized Bournemouth for creating poor openings and a poor final ball, not praising them for having "chances". All energy and no quality points to relegation.

I have seen many awful games whilst following NUFC for over 50 years, but this was probably the worst - we witnessed what was, in my opinion, the most disorganized, disinterested and demotivated Newcastle side I can remember watching.

There have been teams with less ability, but none which was as totally outplayed by a side who were one of the bookies' favourites for the drop before the season started and who have been hammered by the likes of Spurs - AWAY from home.

It is hard to pinpoint one player who deserved his win bonus, maybe Perez for the goal, but even that was a bit fortunate and he had a poor game generally, Tiote and Anita excelled at passing...to the opposition ; the meaningless punts up from the defence on the odd occasion we managed to win possession(Bournemouth had 76% in the second half)were reminiscent of Pardew at his best, executed by Williamson and had Elliott not had a most rare blinder, we would have lost handsomely although Bournemouth couldn't finish a s--g with Rihanna. If they had a half decent striker, such as Austin, we would have been dead and buried before HT.

The only crumb of comfort anyone could derive from this shambles is that I have in the past seen shambolic performances from Newcastle teams under new management, but then suddenly it all clicked(i.e. under Lee in 75-76)and they started doing well ; however, that was when we had a side of mostly decent players and this side is FAR from that in this league.

Mitrovic looked cumbersome and slow, NONE of the m/f could keep the ball for more than a few seconds and the full backs looked exposed every time Bournemouth attacked down the flanks although most of the PL will be aware of THIS failing by now..only Elliott earned his corn, the rest were rubbish and clearly, there is SO much dissention in the squad that only a clear-out will resolve the problem - and we all know THAT aint going to happen.

Far from being encouraged by this result, I am now more than ever concerned at the ability of this team to stay out of the relegation zone - we can only hope that they get their heads out of their collective ar--s and use it as a spring board to better things but I reckon one bad hammering would see the club back in relegation trouble with a vengeance.

McClaren is NOT proving to be a success, but his hands are well and truly tied anyway.

What a disgrace to the name this club has become - those guys who travelled 350 miles to see such a display must either have

hearts like lions or be Stone-mad because I wouldn't step over the garden gate to watch this lot and I got so sick of it I turned off the TV in second half and went to bed(it was 10.45pm over here).

I have seen many awful games whilst following NUFC for over 50 years, but this was probably the worst - we witnessed what was, in my opinion, the most disorganized, disinterested and demotivated Newcastle side I can remember watching.

Really, man?