Newcastle United 0 - 3 Leicester City (post-match joy and adulation from pg. 26)

Dave

on total sport very soon.

called it right.

I hope I managed to get my points in, in the short time I was on.

It's annoying that in the main, it's folk like us that only seem to care and worry (that no longer go to games) whist the day trippers still lap it up. :(

said everything I think about the club, so got it across for me- there will be some of the new type fans think we are wrong and the club is Fucking fantastic.

Just got out the ground and into the pub. Was freezing and empty at the end. Traumatised some kids behind me with my language for the second goal. So fucking easy. Easily dispossessed, easily walked through, easy cross, easy free header. They were first to every ball, won every 50/50. We had no tempo, no drive, no creativity, no leadership, nobody saying at 1-0, 2-0, "OK, this is what we're going to do". Sure it was said at the time on here, but fuck knows what swapping Mitrovic for Cisse was meant to do, just a different striker to wander around with no service and no ability to make something for himself.

Part of the reason we concede boat loads of goals is the midfield in front of the back four. Off the ball they're weak in challenges and clueless about who they're supposed to be tracking.

With the ball they're static, sloppy and have no idea as to how to find space and create chances.

Nearly every game it's essentially as if we're playing with a shaky back four and two up top.

Odd game. Thought we started quite brightly, Sissoko got a bit of joy getting in behind, a nice interchange or two but it all went very flat soon after. Not sure if it was their break that shook us a bit or Tiote going off but we just seemed to lose impetus. The switch to 4-3-3 resulted in absolute awfulness. Wijnaldum and Sissoko are mint magicians, like, fucking disappeared all second half and I think that was as good a snapshot as any to show the fat knobhead why we need at least one central midfielder in January - not a single tackle between the 3 of them all half and Gini/Sissoko looked lost trying to attack through the middle - the result was a nice big chasm of nothingness. Some of them just looked like they couldn't be at all arsed and/or looked as if they'd been in the piss the night before, so delayed in their decisions, so much less snap/desire to get the ball and do something with it, no pace on passes. Only Sissoko ever showed any willingness to get in behind.

I think we've played some good football over the last 6 weeks but today was the absolute opposite - hardly any one-touch play, lots of unnecessary short passes, nobody trying to dribble at players, nobody showing for the ball. The last one is crucial, the whole point in building from the back is for players to move ahead and make space for more incisive balls in, nobody did. And when we did try and play in tight areas, we came up embarrassingly short. Leicester were nipping all around us and wanting to get stuck in, too many of ours were ducking challenges and letting opposition run past.

It's just so odd, they've worked hard to get out of the mess they were in and then go and produce that absolute shite. It all just looked so half-arsed, like it was a bit cold and they didn't want it. Leicester were very average on the ball in the first half, I actually thought we'd been the better team (very slightly), but they always kept up their intensity and it paid off.

Paul Dummett;

"We made it too easy for them, all over the pitch. We've had a few good performance of recent, but today wasn't good enough for Newcastle United. We didn't create many chances - Leicester are a good side. No work ethic today. Need to pick ourselves up v Palace, next week"

(talking to Mick Lowes)

Maclaren;

"Football kicks you right where it hurts. Today was a setback, but not a typical performance - very disappointing and we need more consistency. Full credit to Leicester - no excuses for today. We were poor today. Only thing we can do is get back to work on Monday and work hard to put it right. Bournemouth result may have masked today's performance. International break didn't come at a good time. Understand's the fans frustrations."

Lowes trying to put a positive spin on it, citing Leicester's example of how things can turn around. Maclaren unsurprisingly agrees with him! :(

The Bournemouth game where we played completely shit might have masked today's performance. Righto

I think it's the jist of what he said. Got the bairn running around here, so it was hard to hear!

Was having a go at him not you

The Bournemouth game where we played completely shit might have masked today's performance. Righto

I think it's the jist of what he said. Got the bairn running around here, so it was hard to hear!

Was having a go at him not you

Aye - I know. Was just saying that I may have misheard. :)