Newcastle United 0 - 1 Everton - 26/12/15 - Post-match reaction from page 19

Dave

McClaren still saying 'if we play like that every week we'll be fine'. One shot on target at home. :lol:

Been pretty clear for a while that shots on target is in no way a point of emphasis for this lot. Seems every game we go a good 60 minutes of play without any.

I didn't think we played that bad from what I saw, I felt we were more dangerous going forward and dealt with them quite well at the back. Everton couldn't have complained at a draw and I felt we could have nicked it with our direct play, we got up the pitch quick at times but again looked clueless in the final third. The Everton goal was a shambles for so many reasons, felt like the players had thought they'd done all they needed to and the game was over, they didn't play to the final whistle and we rightly got punished.

The worrying thing is we keep having bright sparks and making stupid errors, there's always something to improve on and always something to take heart in, but it can't keep going on like that, we really need to get it together NOW before we get dragged down. It's going to be a long hard season at this rate and we're definitely going to be "in the mix" come May.

On a side note the commentary on BT was horrifically sickening, so much Everton love by Owen, you'd think we were playing Barcelona with all 11 players on the goal line. He favoured all the contentious calls to Everton too, I had to turn the sound down.

The most galling aspect of it is the fact they all know it's the last attack, there's 30 seconds to go and the ref's about to blow up for full time. They take an age to get it in the box, "come on, just defend this one set piece for a clean sheet and a point. Get your man, stay with them, keeper - come and claim it if you can, nice and loud, get organised......."

Absolutely no excuse for not defending that, no Everton player is close to getting on the end of it, how have they fucked it up that badly? It's not bad luck, it's unprofessional.

Seriously impressed with Stones for them, that kid's an absolute star. Could play anywhere on the pitch, the composure he has.

Mbemba was our best player by a distance and we did alright to get back into it given it looked like being a mauling the first 20 minutes. Sucker punch at the end.

Was nice being back there again, suspect it'll be the last time for a while again.

Was incredibly disappointed with Perez given he's my favourite Newcastle player. Was strolling around disinterested, at least Sissoko was involved. Something going on there like, Perez seems really p*ssed off.

Yep. Noticed the same thing. Either complacency or something fucked up behind the scenes. Sigh. This club. Either bodes badly for us.

Guest neesy111

The most galling aspect of it is the fact they all know it's the last attack, there's 30 seconds to go and the ref's about to blow up for full time. They take an age to get it in the box, "come on, just defend this one set piece for a clean sheet and a point. Get your man, stay with them, keeper - come and claim it if you can, nice and loud, get organised......."

Absolutely no excuse for not defending that, no Everton player is close to getting on the end of it, how have they fucked it up that badly? It's not bad luck, it's unprofessional.

You like to moan a lot.

Neither team deserved to win or lose that.

Was a very good game I thought and was sickening to see that goal go in and then even more so to see the Everton players and bench celebrate like they'd won the champions league.

I thought we rode out the storm in the first 15 minutes and then played ourselves into it and did very well.

Ref was shocking mind.

Midfield needs a complete change up as well, why are we still persisting with Sissoko and Wijnaldum out wide?! Get them in a 3 in the middle with Anita and get Thauvin in to create a front 3.

Was crying out for this today, Barkley had so much space around him in the first half.

Midfield needs a complete change up as well, why are we still persisting with Sissoko and Wijnaldum out wide?! Get them in a 3 in the middle with Anita and get Thauvin in to create a front 3.

And drop Colback? :spit:

Seriously though, I would have thought he'd have tried this by now if it was seriously being considered at all.

McClaren still saying 'if we play like that every week we'll be fine'. One shot on target at home. :lol:

We played alright in the second half, so he has a point.

Still one shot on target at home. You obviously are happy being served shit and chips every match.

Seriously though, I would have thought he'd have tried this by now if it was seriously being considered at all.

It has been tried. Looked woeful but probably worth another go.

It has been tried. Looked woeful but probably worth another go.

When? Not doubting you, I've genuinely overwritten it in my memory of this wank season.

Still one shot on target at home. You obviously are happy being served shit and chips every match.

Well of course not like, we were shit in the first half, but in the second half we look good and were the better team.

We can only wish McClaren had got a point today.

Trevor Francis hit the nail on the head. We're in trouble because our players aren't very good.

We need a good January window.

They tried but the quality is lacking. We don't have anyone who can pick a pass out or who can finish consistently. Other teams will strengthen and if we don't get it right and spend some serious money we'll get relegated.

You like to moan a lot.

I do. Find it cathartic.  :aww:

Well of course not like, we were shit in the first half, but in the second half we look good and were the better team.

Let me ask you this.  What have you seen of McClaren to suggest he's the right man for the job?  Because frankly i'm struggling to see any positives.