Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

I still don't think he's all that in terms of what we are doing, he gets a lot of touches, but given where he seems to operate and how he plays he is bound to. We need much more in midfield. The bloke is a fucking tit as well.

Agreed 100℅.  He's a luxury player imo, a bit like viana was.  Wonderful passer etc.

[emoji38]

We've gone from nowt being the matter at all because we were on a 9 game winning streak and nobody had owt to moan about, to Hayden and Shelvey being incompatible if you want to get the best out of the latter to the extent you should always play Colback instead, to Shelvey actually being canny shit and a luxury to boot. In a week [emoji38]

Amazing how much some people on here shit themselves after a few adverse results. He's not beyond criticism but honestly if you don't think Shelvey has been one of our most accomplished, effective and important players this season, I just don't know how we can be watching the same sport.

Ridiculous that some are even defending him on his actions tonight.

Who's defending his actions ? Pretty much all are saying he was kicked first and the same punishment should have went to both.

Perhaps I worded it wrong, more aimed at those who said it wasn't a red card.

He has nobody but himself to blame, retaliation or not.

Wasn't a red captain spunk trumpet.

Who's defending his actions ? Pretty much all are saying he was kicked first and the same punishment should have went to both.

Think I seen the referee pull out a red card so unless I missed something you stupid fat f*** then I think you'll find it was.

Think I seen the referee pull out a red card so unless I missed something you stupid fat f*** then I think you'll find it was.

If THAT ref pulled out the red it MUST have been the right decision then you stupid cunt.

Click logout and go to bed.

If THAT ref pulled out the red it MUST have been the right decision you stupid c***.

The same ref of the same match that you didn't see a minute of because you were too busy shipping out late night ASDA deliveries of rancid hot cross buns you slack jawed jackass.

Why don't you tell the forum how you were questioning whether it was time for Rafa to go earlier on.

If THAT ref pulled out the red it MUST have been the right decision you stupid c***.

The same ref of the same match that you didn't see a minute of because you were too busy shipping out late night ASDA deliveries of rancid hot cross buns you slack jawed jackass.

Why don't you tell the forum how you were questioning whether it was time for Rafa to go earlier on.

:anguish:

You're absolutely kidding yourself if you don't think Shelvey is one of our two most important players (the other is Gayle). The whole team revolves around him and he's excellent at what he does, certainly in this league anyway. If he ends up getting a long ban (including these three games), for sheer fucking stupidity, he wants an absolute belting. He's so vital to us going up.

Hes looked great this season , the space hes getting is the key.

Didny unlock anything last night tbf but always looks up and gets us going.theres merit in what some say but i like him.

We will be without him possibly till feb now so things need to change.

I so  wanted to hang on for a point, cruel and indeserved in the end

Guest neesy111

You're absolutely kidding yourself if you don't think Shelvey is one of our two most important players (the other is Gayle). The whole team revolves around him and he's excellent at what he does, certainly in this league anyway. If he ends up getting a long ban (including these three games), for sheer fucking stupidity, he wants an absolute belting. He's so vital to us going up.

So vital that teams can predict the way we are playing, therefore just sitting back as they know we have no way of getting in behind.  It was telling that forest were happy to give him lots of room to spray passes to the wings.

Guest neesy111

Neesy what you on about you bagheed?

We need to develop other patterns of play through our midfield than shelvey spraying passes to our right hand side.  For all the possession we've had in the last 3 games, we've created next to fuck all when it's been 11 vs 11.  Teams are happy to give us the ball and defend deep.

I think we'll be fine without him tbh although we don't have a natural replacement. I think Ronaldo suggested going for two up front and that's certainly one option. Someone like De Jong would have been an interesting alternative. Not as good a passer but really good movement to get beyond the forwards.

Guest Howaythetoon

We are far too slow and patient in CM. Shelvey and Hayden practically sit on top of the defence. Its only the movement and clinical finishing of Gayle that is making it look like its working. We get lots of touches in midfield and seem to dominate possession, yet we hardly cause the opposition genuine problems on goal or in their penalty area.

Its obviously working because we are top, but its a concern. We should be walking this league, but we are simply making do.

We are far too slow and patient in CM. Shelvey and Hayden practically sit on top of the defence. Its only the movement and clinical finishing of Gayle that is making it look like its working. We get lots of touches in midfield and seem to dominate possession, yet we hardly cause the opposition genuine problems on goal or in their penalty area.

Its obviously working because we are top, but its a concern. We should be walking this league, but we are simply making do.

This just isn't true. We've cut a lot of teams to pieces.

This is bollocks.