Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

Guest neesy111

There's definitely something a bit off about this. Iirc personal hearings are normally convened within a few days and organised/announced pretty much as soon as the accused requests one aren't they? It's like the FA didn't expect him to deny the charge and have a witness to back his story up so they're either thinking "s*** we should be backing down now" or they're scrambling around trying to find some additional more concrete evidence.

Got to remember the sort of people on these panels. It'll have taken 6 weeks to find out what Cous Cous was and they didn't know what a nonce was till this week.

Probably a few things going on the back burner down at Lancaster Gate with Southgate and now "Youthcoachgate" to sort first.

They haven't been based at Lancaster Gate for over a decade.

There's definitely something a bit off about this. Iirc personal hearings are normally convened within a few days and organised/announced pretty much as soon as the accused requests one aren't they? It's like the FA didn't expect him to deny the charge and have a witness to back his story up so they're either thinking "s*** we should be backing down now" or they're scrambling around trying to find some additional more concrete evidence.

Got to remember the sort of people on these panels. It'll have taken 6 weeks to find out what Cous Cous was and they didn't know what a nonce was till this week.

Probably a few things going on the back burner down at Lancaster Gate with Southgate and now "Youthcoachgate" to sort first.

They haven't been based at Lancaster Gate for over a decade.

Did they move to Lancashire? Should be helpful if so.

On the surface it seems like fairly flimsy evidence, though of course no one really knows how credible the accusations and counter accusations really are.

If that really is the case the FA may not wish to go down the road of finding him guilty as such a serious charge would stick and he could claim it would affect his career and future employment, and take civil proceedings. It could get messy for them at a time when they probably don't need extra workload.

That said would a non guilty verdict obligate them to take action against the Wolves players ?

Based on what we know so far I reckon it's 7/10 that he'll be getting off, though of course should the evidence supporting the allegations be more substantial than we are led to believe it could be different.

On the surface it seems like fairly flimsy evidence, though of course no one really knows how credible the accusations and counter accusations really are.

If that really is the case the FA may not wish to go down the road of finding him guilty as such a serious charge would stick and he could claim it would affect his career and future employment, and take civil proceedings. It could get messy for them at a time when they probably don't need extra workload.

That said would a non guilty verdict obligate them to take action against the Wolves players ?

Based on what we know so far I reckon it's 7/10 that he'll be getting off, though of course should the evidence supporting the allegations be more substantial than we are led to believe it could be different.

I can't see why any action should be taken against wolves players. If a player thinks he hears his team-mate being racially abusrd he should report it. I don't think it's been made up from nothing, more likely he misheard something shelvey said?? But even if it is the completely unfounded malicious accusation some seem to think it is, if the only "evidence" is one person's word against another then punishing the wolves player based on that would make about as much sense as punishing shelvey on it.

"I can't see why any action should be taken against wolves players. If a player thinks he hears [of] his team-mate being racially absurd he should report it."

A bit harsh like, nobody can help their heritage.

:lol: as if that was up for 15 hours before anyone pulled me up on it! People probably reading it thinking "a'reet weirdo, I'm steering clear of you, fucking racist."

For the benefit of any doubt, it was a shit autocorrect folks.

We would surely have heard about any meeting he was going to have it was schedulers for Monday and seeing as he and the club will be travelling to Hull on Tuesday for the match that night then I doubt it will be held then. So surely he is cleared to play against Hull now?

Worst player on the pitch in this 2nd half. The very few times he has got involved, he has fucked up everything.

We really need to sign someone similar to him in January, he is not fit enough to play every week.