Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

That Pete Graves reckons it's still on.

They want £14m, we've supposedly offered £10.5m. You would have thought at some point Levy would think they were getting close to a very reasonable deal for Spurs if it edges up towards £12m. They're cunts, we're cunts, no surprise we are squabbling down to the last penny.

Difference is we surpassed reason when it went over £10m. madness to raise it when theres better around.

We are obviously prepared to pay a premium for premier experience and a certain level of proven ability. I'm not sure there is better around that is either available for that fee or has that premier experience. Unless they are 29 or something. Townsend is still only 24 so fits our brief for bringing in players of a certain age.

They want £14m, we've supposedly offered £10.5m. You would have thought at some point Levy would think they were getting close to a very reasonable deal for Spurs if it edges up towards £12m. They're cunts, we're cunts, no surprise we are squabbling down to the last penny.

Difference is we surpassed reason when it went over £10m. madness to raise it when theres better around.

We are obviously prepared to pay a premium for premier experience and a certain level of proven ability. I'm not sure there is better around that is either available for that fee or has that premier experience. Unless they are 29 or something. Townsend is still only 24 so fits our brief for bringing in players of a certain age.

slight problem here in townsend's case mind

Depends who we're comparing him with. For what we are prepared to pay for him (my guess would be £12m max) who are the alternatives?

Depends who we're comparing him with. For what we are prepared to pay for him (my guess would be £12m max) who are the alternatives?

depends if you're fixated on inglish DNA or not really

townsend has PL experience but he's achieved absolutely fuck all at age 24, less than ayoze perez has done in 1.5 years in actual fact :lol:

townsend has PL experience but he's achieved absolutely fuck all at age 24, less than ayoze perez has done in 1.5 years in actual fact :lol:

Perez is a great prospect but he's not a left winger, and I'm assuming McClaren wants a natural wide player. Townsend did have a purple patch where he was being picked for England and did well for a while. So I guess the thinking must be that there's a good player in there who can do a job for us even though he couldn't get into the spurs side. Bellamy failed in the premier until Bobby backed his judgement and brought him here. Maybe McClaren has that same belief in his eye for a player.

Perez is a great prospect but he's not a left winger, and I'm assuming McClaren wants a natural wide player. Townsend did have a purple patch where he was being picked for England and did well for a while. So I guess the thinking must be that there's a good player in there who can do a job for us even though he couldn't get into the spurs side. Bellamy failed in the premier until Bobby backed his judgement and brought him here. Maybe McClaren has that same belief in his eye for a player.

agree with the last part, he's the manager and he needs backing i suppose - shame he's not a very good manager really and i don't trust his eye for a player when he's playing gouffran ahead of aarons, not to mention obertan :lol:

townsend has been a load of shit in my eyes from the first time i saw him play, seen nothing to change that opinion since, so i'm never going to be in favour of this transfer on any level i'm afraid

agree with the last part, he's the manager and he needs backing i suppose - shame he's not a very good manager really and i don't trust his eye for a player when he's playing gouffran ahead of aarons, not to mention obertan :lol:

townsend has been a load of shit in my eyes from the first time i saw him play, seen nothing to change that opinion since, so i'm never going to be in favour of this transfer on any level i'm afraid

Fair enough, I haven't seen that much of him except when he burst on the scene and the youtube stuff and obviously he looks class in those situations. But I would expect McClaren to have a lot more knowledge than me about him so it's a big call if he's asking us to splash so much money on a player who's stock has fallen at Spurs. Will tell us a lot about him if the deal goes through.

townsend has PL experience but he's achieved absolutely fuck all at age 24, less than ayoze perez has done in 1.5 years in actual fact [emoji38]

agree with the last part, he's the manager and he needs backing i suppose - shame he's not a very good manager really and i don't trust his eye for a player when he's playing gouffran ahead of aarons, not to mention obertan [emoji38]

Fair enough, I haven't seen that much of him except when he burst on the scene and the youtube stuff and obviously he looks class in those situations. But I would expect McClaren to have a lot more knowledge than me about him so it's a big call if he's asking us to splash so much money on a player who's stock has fallen at Spurs. Will tell us a lot about him if the deal goes through.

It's just another gamble from the club. TV money kicks in so values will soar, if he comes and plays well then he's worth £20m plus, if he Obertans it then some mugs (!) will probably still buy him later for his DNA.

Ed Aarons ‏@ed_aarons  8m8 minutes ago

Newcastle set to sign Andros Townsend in the next 48 hours after agreeing a fee with Tottenham #thfc #nufc

He's Guardian Sport's deputy news editor

Very few followers and no verified symbol for the sports deputy editor of the Guardian isn't he? Definitely legit him?

Stupid this is perez consigned to the bench then.

What a f***ing joke we are.

He's not a left winger to be fair. Then again, I'm no sure townsend is either.

Regardless 4 into 3 doesn't go Gini and Moussa will play with this joker whilst Perez warns the bench.

Embarrassing man.

Newcastle set to sign Andros Townsend in the next 48 hours after agreeing a fee with Tottenham #thfc #nufc

Very few followers and no verified symbol for the sports deputy editor of the Guardian isn't he? Definitely legit him?

Yes, it's him. Links on Guardian articles go to that handle.

Yes, it's him. Links on Guardian articles go to that handle.

Ah cool tried to see if he had his Twitter on his guardian profile but couldn't see it. Graeme Bailey has just chimed in with this news too.