Seydou Doumbia

sempuki

Done nothing at all in his cameos to warrant a start.

[emoji38]The earliest he's came on was 70 minutes and we were already 4-0 down at that point.

Does that mean he's incapable of controlling a football?

People go on about Butland saving his shot but it was a poor finish & he's done nothing else of note at all.

[emoji38]The earliest he's came on was 70 minutes and we were already 4-0 down at that point.

People go on about Butland saving his shot but it was a poor finish & he's done nothing else of note at all.

:facepalm:

There's some really strange people around.

Enlighten me on what you believe he's done that makes him worthy of a start.

His champions league record.

He's in a premier league relegation battle now, not the champions league.

Not to mention he looks nowhere near match fit. No problem with him getting longer as a impact sub and building up sharpness but it would be a mistake to start him on sunday in my opinion.

What do you mean, what he's 'done'? he's played about 40minutes of football for us.

What do you mean, what he's 'done'? he's played about 40minutes of football for us.

He looks way off match sharpness for him to be starting on sunday. I'd be using the break we've got coming up to build up his fitness and look at the Norwich game as a possibility.

To start him on Sunday would be a massive risk for me.

Not to mention he looks nowhere near match fit. No problem with him getting longer as a impact sub and building up sharpness but it would be a mistake to start him on sunday in my opinion.

:lol:

You asked. I suppose we should go off Benitez's relegation record too? I'm not advocating he starts, just a bit of sensibility.

In another thread you've said you wouldn't start Cisse either, so I can only assume you would persist with Mitrovic despite him offering absolutely no goal threat whatsoever?

In another thread you've said you wouldn't start Cisse either, so I can only assume you would persist with Mitrovic despite him offering absolutely no goal threat whatsoever?

Ive not said anything about Cisse for Sunday previously but I do feel that way as he's been out for a long time and its still 50/50 whether he'll even be back.

Mitro is getting a lot of criticism, yet when have we actually created any chances for him as of late? One v Leicester when Sissoko got in the way, 0 v Bournemouth, Stoke or Chelsea. The problems run much deeper then Mitro.

His hold and link up play is good when players are getting close enough to him which is usually the case at home but never away. He's our best option in my eyes.

Ive not said anything about Cisse for Sunday previously but I do feel that way as he's been out for a long time and its still 50/50 whether he'll even be back.

Mitro is getting a lot of criticism, yet when have we actually created any chances for him as of late? One v Leicester when Sissoko got in the way, 0 v Bournemouth, Stoke or Chelsea. The problems run much deeper then Mitro.

His hold and link up play is good when players are getting close enough to him which is usually the case at home but never away. He's our best option in my eyes.

Mitrovic doesn't deserve a starting place at the minute as he's bringing nothing to our game.  When the ball is lumped up to him it bounces off his chest and heads back towards our own goal.  He never seems able to try and turn his markers because he's nowhere near the ball after its bounced off him.  You can say that we've made few chances for him but he can make his own chances, or not in his case because he's not clever or quick enough.

I would love to defend against him because he does most of the defenders work for them by offering very little.

No biggie but you did say this in the mackem pre-match thread which is what I was referring to:

Cisse, Coloccini, Tiote, Mbemba, Mbabu return dates all March 20th according to physio room. Wonder if any will be to feature.

4 of those (cisse apart) 5 would walk straight into my starting 11 on sun if they are fit.

We'll just have to agree to disagree about this. I just find it somewhat funny that you have seen enough of Doumbia after 40 or so minutes to write him off, yet are happy to persist with Mitrovic whose ineffectiveness in this league is a major reason for us being where we are.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Mitrovic doesn't deserve a starting place at the minute as he's bringing nothing to our game.  When the ball is lumped up to him it bounces off his chest and heads back towards our own goal.  He never seems able to try and turn his markers because he's nowhere near the ball after its bounced off him.  You can say that we've made few chances for him but he can make his own chances, or not in his case because he's not clever or quick enough.

I would love to defend against him because he does most of the defenders work for them by offering very little.

Totally, totally disagree with that. If anything, his hold up play has been the strongest part of his game. He doesn't look frettinin enough at the moment, Pardew would drop him for Kuqi

No biggie but you did say this in the mackem pre-match thread which is what I was referring to:

Cisse, Coloccini, Tiote, Mbemba, Mbabu return dates all March 20th according to physio room. Wonder if any will be to feature.

4 of those (cisse apart) 5 would walk straight into my starting 11 on sun if they are fit.

We'll just have to agree to disagree about this. I just find it somewhat funny that you have seen enough of Doumbia after 40 or so minutes to write him off, yet are happy to persist with Mitrovic whose ineffectiveness in this league is a major reason for us being where we are.

I haven't written him off. I've said he's looked poor and looks like he's massively lacking match sharpness so I wouldn't start him on Sunday due to the magnitude of the game.

I completely disagree on the Mitro part as well. He's missed chances but so has Perez, Wiji, etc. Without Mitro in our team, we have absolutely no focal point to our attacks and look far weaker as a result. 

I've not seen this lack of match fitness on display in the few minutes he's featured tbh, but that would be an explanation why he doesn't get more pitch time I suppose. Saying that, he's been here almost two months, and with nine games to go, why did we even bother bringing him in if we are not going to give him a chance?

Totally, totally disagree with that. If anything, his hold up play has been the strongest part of his game. He doesn't look frettinin enough at the moment, Pardew would drop him for Kuqi

His hold up play has been his strongest part but that in itself is still nowhere near good enough for a striker that has no pace. He may improve but after 6 months into the season he hasn't improved one iota despite being offered lots of game time.

Eh? His hold up play is poor, at best, imo.

Mitrovic backing into his defender, only for the defender to win the header is what I see most. He seems to back into them in a at that they get on top of him and he ends up hunched over, with them obviously winning the ball.

He needs to work on a lot of things, he's young and he needs time, but he needs to be dropped. He's bringing nothing at all, especially on the goals front.

How could you judge the match fitness of a player who has barely been given a 10 min spell over 90 mins where he might not even see the ball during that time?

How could you judge the match fitness of a player who has barely been given a 10 min spell over 90 mins where he might not even see the ball during that time?

McClaren had already said that he was way off match fitness and its a known fact that he hadn't played for a lengthy period of time.

People are again missing the point that I am making though which is not the one that I think he looks poor, and not match fit, but rather that I wouldn't start him on sunday due to the size of and the meaning of the game.

I know some will disagree but Mitro would be my choice for starting up top. His hold up play and link up play, especially at home is vital to how we play.

McClaren had already said that he was way off match fitness and its a known fact that he hadn't played for a lengthy period of time.

People are again missing the point that I am making though which is not the one that I think he looks poor, and not match fit, but rather that I wouldn't start him on sunday due to the size of and the meaning of the game.

I know some will disagree but Mitro would be my choice for starting up top. His hold up play and link up play, especially at home is vital to how we play.

Yes it is and we play shit 95% of the time