Seydou Doumbia

sempuki

Guest antz1uk

That ronny article is absolutely terrifying.

Sounds and looks more like he should be in a care home nevermind throwing himself around on a football pitch

Damnit Giggsed

he main concern regarding Doumbia is his fitness. Throughout the years, he has been extremely fragile, missing countless games due to various injuries. Ankle, thigh and back problems seem to keep mounting at a very alarming rate.

And according to sources at CSKA, Doumbia barely trained at all during his loan spell from Roma at the beginning of the season; kept complaining at different minor injuries and only took part in the games themselves. That was possible because coach Leonid Slutsky and most of his teammates have known the Ivorian for years.

There was a phenomenal mutual understanding between the striker and his team-mates, which enabled him to perform without actually training with the team. Even so, his form dipped significantly towards the end of 2015, and Doumbia has failed to find the net since October.

eep

To be fair like the Russian league has been on a break, 4 matches since October so not quite as bad as it sounds.

Hopefully the injury thing isn't as bad as it sounds either.  I mean looking at appearances he's managed 150 for CSKA in 5 seasons, average of 30 games per season.  Also missed just one game for CSKA since rejoining them this season (21 games played from August to the December break).  So he certainly doesn't seem to have an issue playing matches anyway :dontknow:

Still can't get over 28 :lol:

http://img.uefa.com/imgml/TP/players/14/2015/324x324/250002480.jpg

Looks like he's 49 :lol:

Although this guy is 30 and looks 45 so who knows? :D

http://www.fotbollz.se/_upload/images/pictures/kapcevic_ny.jpg

Damnit Giggsed

he main concern regarding Doumbia is his fitness. Throughout the years, he has been extremely fragile, missing countless games due to various injuries. Ankle, thigh and back problems seem to keep mounting at a very alarming rate.

And according to sources at CSKA, Doumbia barely trained at all during his loan spell from Roma at the beginning of the season; kept complaining at different minor injuries and only took part in the games themselves. That was possible because coach Leonid Slutsky and most of his teammates have known the Ivorian for years.

There was a phenomenal mutual understanding between the striker and his team-mates, which enabled him to perform without actually training with the team. Even so, his form dipped significantly towards the end of 2015, and Doumbia has failed to find the net since October.

eep

What a great name :lol:

They paid £12m a year ago but considering how little he played for them before they gave up on him £10m seems a bit much now.  10m Euro's would seem more realistic, but aye if its really £10m then he won't be staying here after his loan.

Call me crazy but I'll worry about keeping him after he's shown if he's any good or not.

Aye, reading about his lack of training I'm pretty glad that this is a loan deal. I still think if he can start a decent number of games left this season he might hit a few goals. He looks like a finisher.

I can't imagine they'd gamble the PL survival of the club on some old crock from the Ruski league who doesn't like training.

They might. Just a few decent games pre-Pardewing was enough for Sissoko and Gouffran to have a significant impact a couple of seasons ago.