Newcastle United 2-1 Lillestrøm SK (N) - 20/02/16

Disco

What reputation is that then?

I'm guessing European teams only know of us when we actually played there, Ashley has seen to an end to that.

TBF we were also shite when we played them last time in the Cocopops cup.

What reputation is that, then?

I dare say that outside Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool and Chelsea we're the most well known English team (alongside Everton). That is name value only, as people that know of us doesn't necessarily know how bad we are because they don't keep up to date with the performances of the teams that aren't top of the league.

Just found the quote it was actually a reporter over there, my memory is crap these days, blame it on old age:

Mads Hansen says: Newcastle are not as good as everyone makes out. They will do well to remain in the Premier League.

Just found the quote it was actually a reporter over there, my memory is crap these days, blame it on old age:

Mads Hansen says: Newcastle are not as good as everyone makes out. They will do well to remain in the Premier League.

He's not a reporter. Just a shitty player playing in the second highest level in Norway.

He's not a reporter. Just a shitty player playing in the second highest level in Norway.

:thup: I have no idea, but he's not wrong.

Guest palnese

:thup: I have no idea, but he's not wrong.

He said we'd propbably survive in the Norwegian league as a joke. Someone got a bit lost in translation, I think.

I just want to know who this 'everyone' is that makes out we're good.

I feel like they'd be a risk to others in public places.

Our reputation is large outside of the UK. People aren't saying that we're good, but when they hear Newcastle - they assume we're a big club - and thus our failures are weird to these people. As mentioned by Nut, it doesn't mean we're actually doing well. It just means we have a high brand recognition.

I made a proper translation of the Mads Hansen tweet, fwiw: "Watching Newcastle - Lillestrøm at La Manga. I can inform you that Newcastle are not as shit as people say they are, they could manage to survive in the Norwegian league."