Blackburn Rovers 1-3 Newcastle United - Post Match Thoughts.

BlufPurdi

I watched the entire 90 mins and I dont see why we have newcastle fans arguing with each other?!?

We had a depleted side to start with, lost Emre, Sibierski and Nobby. Ended up with a first appearance for Huntington, Milner playing RB, Rossi playiong RW, Pattison playing LW and we still won 3 - 1!!!

Sort it out people, today was a great day, for everyone. It doesnt matter that we were outplayed for 44mins of the second half.... end of the day we had a knackered team and won away 3-1.

Job done  bluewink.gif

Well said that man :thup:

Guest Armchair Pundit

I watched the entire 90 mins and I dont see why we have newcastle fans arguing with each other?!?

We had a depleted side to start with, lost Emre, Sibierski and Nobby. Ended up with a first appearance for Huntington, Milner playing RB, Rossi playiong RW, Pattison playing LW and we still won 3 - 1!!!

Sort it out people, today was a great day, for everyone. It doesnt matter that we were outplayed for 44mins of the second half.... end of the day we had a knackered team and won away 3-1.

Job done  bluewink.gif

Well said that man :thup:

What he said  bluewink.gif

A game of blood and thunder, and we came out on top. Not lucky by any means as we were definitely the better side.

Given 8 - Some excellent saves. Won us all 3 points with a last ditch save from MGP's fluffed header at the end.

Taylor 7 - Not his best defensive performance, leaving some players unmarked. Good goal. Battled well.

Ramage 7 - Again, not really tested by a dire Blackburn front two.

Baba 6 - Excellent first half. Awful second half. Made some important challenges though.

Solano 8 - Before going off he was absolute class. RB is where he should stay.

Butt 9 - MOM performance yet again from a player revitalised. Nothing went past him. Distribution was excellent, and is the man you want in the middle when under the cosh.

Emre 8 - Again, he was electric, driving the team forward. Blackburn had no solution to stop him except illegally. Paid for it in the end by an atrocious tackle from Pedersen.

Zoggy 7 - A much improved performance. Needs a goal to get him back on track. Never stopped running.

Milner 6 - Disappointing final ball. Was an excellent outlet however, always finding space and making himself available.

Le Sib 7 - Deft and classy behind Martins. Great ball for the first goal. A real presence up front.

Martins 8 - A super showing again from Oba. 2 excellent goals, and should have had another 2 on another day.

Pattison 7 - Was unsure when out wide. A lot better in the center imo. Has got some football brain on him. Needs the experience.

Rossi 6 - Done nowt. Chased and harried.

Hunty 7 - Come on very late, but that header he cleared from the corner was so important. Good to see him make his debut.

We know that it's their game, but all I'm saying mate is when they do it against the likes of Arsenal people are saying get in their Blackburn etc but as soon as it's against us it's a complete different ball game.

Well...every comment i have heard about concerning Blackburn is what a pack of dirty tossers they are - REGARDLESS of who they had been playing.

And they showed that in spades today.

nufc.com match report

Oba's Rovers romp

Blackburn  1  Newcastle  3

Two goals from Obafemi Martins and one from Steven Taylor made it three straight Premiership wins and eight games unbeaten at Ewood Park.

However, the three precious Premiership points came at a cost as three more key players limped off injured.

Emre, Nobby Solano, Antoine Sibierski all appeared to hobble off with Emre in particular looking to have sustained a nasty ankle injury.

Two goals in five first-half minutes set us up for victory and when Stephane Henchoz was red-carded before the break it looked all over.

But a spectacular goal after the break from former Toon-target Morten Gamst Pedersen made it a nervy second half until Martins wrapped up the points in injury time.

The win took us above Rovers into 14th and with West Ham heading for defeat at the Reebok, we have put five points between us and the bottom three.

Full match report to follow.

Team: Given, Solano (Rossi 67), Ramage, Taylor, Babayaro,Milner, Butt, Emre (Pattison 54), N'Zogbia, Martins,Sibierski (Huntington 86).

Subs n/u: Srnicek, Luque.

Booked: Babayaro, N'Zogbia.

Goals: Martins 31,90, Taylor 35.

Blackburn: Friedel, Neill, Ooijer, Henchoz, Gray,Bentley (Todd 46), Savage, Kerimoglu, Pedersen,Nonda (Derbyshire 46), McCarthy.

Subs n/u: Brown, Mokoena, Peter.

Sent Off: Henchoz (40).

Booked: McCarthy.

Goals: Pedersen 47.

Crowd: 19,225

Referee: Dermot Gallagher (Oxfordshire).

Finally Roeder talking sense for once:

Opposite number Mark Hughes bemoaned crucial decisions going against his team, but Roeder was not sure what all the fuss was about.

"Perhaps Mark has seen a video I've not seen. I did not think they (Martins and Taylor) were offside."

On Henchoz's dismissal, Roeder was unsympathetic: "The rules are the rules - if you're the last defender, there's no choice for Dermot Gallagher to make."

The biggest thing I hate about Mark Hughes. Whenever he loses, he complains his team has been "robbed" even when they weren't. Clearly Sibi and Taylor were onside and Henchoz was the last man by miles.

Finally Roeder talking sense for once:

Opposite number Mark Hughes bemoaned crucial decisions going against his team, but Roeder was not sure what all the fuss was about.

"Perhaps Mark has seen a video I've not seen. I did not think they (Martins and Taylor) were offside."

On Henchoz's dismissal, Roeder was unsympathetic: "The rules are the rules - if you're the last defender, there's no choice for Dermot Gallagher to make."

The biggest thing I hate about Mark Hughes. Whenever he loses, he complains his team has been "robbed" even when they weren't. Clearly Sibi and Taylor were onside and Henchoz was the last man by miles.

Its something Allardyce does aswell, very annoying!

taylor was offside, but both contacts while was offside went backwards. your a ref ffs.

The fact it went backwards wouldn't matter, if he came back and collected it from the offside position he's still offside.

I think for the after match interviews a TV should be setup and each manager showed replays of the goals and any other major talking points, will help keep it realstic, the whinging after games is just going to far now.

Guest optimistic nit

from the first ball he's onside, and then n'zog collects it, hammers it into the box (backwards), oba headers it backwards onto a defenders hand, and it gets to taylor, who scores, offside or not?

just got back from the game, we absoloutely murdered them first half, they couldnt get the ball off us. nobby was great, martins was great, as was emre and butt.

different story second half, their early goal done us in and then the injuries to emre and nobby lost us all our shape.

fully deserved 3 points though, and another barnstormer from butt :thup:

Just back from the match...

Mint 1st half and cracking goal from Obafemi! But Given kept us in it with a cracking save from a corner. Couldn't honestly tell ya who scored the second goal or how it went in, but was chuffed to hear that Taylor scored it.

Red card was harsh I thought at the time cause Martins was so far wide, but I would have to see it again to be fully sure tbh.

We cam out for the 2nd half like we'd already won it and they deserved the goal and it was a cracker too.

Martins was so cool for the 3rd. People shouting shoot from the half way line, beat 1st man, 40 yards out, shout shoot ya bastard... beats the 2nd man... taps in from 20 yards. Cue back flip and kissing the badge in front of the fans and cue mint celebrations from us!

Mint result, but they're a buch of dirty fuckers and hope they go down, although I do enjoy going there and battering them.

Song of the day. Tune of "Drink drink wherever you may be..."

"Antoine Siberiski

He is French and he's baldy!

He ain't Ketsbaia, he ain't Rob Lee

He is Antoine Sibierski!!"