sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Consortium's very rarely have much cash and see it as a business opportunity only. Depends if any of them have experience running a football club, generally those who don't struggle and they are in a shit state already.

They were hemorrhaging money at a ridiculous rate when they were on the gravy train of the richest league on the planet and Short has had to bail them out with over £100m of his own money just to keep them going.

The have a stadium which is now 20 years old and was built very cheaply (£15m iirc) and is now needing quite a bit of money spent on it and a playing squad worth very little, but costing them a fortune in salaries.

To compound that, they have a supporter base that refuses to pay for tickets and as a result they generally make a loss on home cup fixtures as very few people turn up to these games as they have to charge a nominal amount for entry due to the receipts being shared.

Anyone paying more than the £1 Bob Murray sold it to Drumaville for really needs their head examining.

They were hemorrhaging money at a ridiculous rate when they were on the gravy train of the richest league on the planet and Short has had to bail them out with over £100m of his own money just to keep them going.

The have a stadium which is now 20 years old and was built very cheaply (£15m iirc) and is now needing quite a bit of money spent on it and a playing squad worth very little, but costing them a fortune in salaries.

To compound that, they have a supporter base that refuses to pay for tickets and as a result they generally make a loss on home cup fixtures as very few people turn up to these games as they have to charge a nominal amount for entry due to the receipts being shared.

Anyone paying more than the £1 Bob Murray sold it to Drumaville for really needs their head examining.

I pay for my tickets. I'm not saying there aren't a load of free tickets slung about, but 'refuse to pay' ?

Complete bullshit

I pay for my tickets. I'm not saying there aren't a load of free tickets slung about, but 'refuse to pay' ?

Complete bullshit

Short knows that without the ridiclous amount of free tickets you would be an even bigger laughing stock than you are now

You obviously do have a large section of your fanbase refusing to pay for tickets or you wouldnt have to give so many away

Complete bullshit

i noticed that as well, was shite

Complete bullshit

Your average ticket price last season was £12 according to club accounts. To put that into perspective Gateshead of the Conference charge £15 a ticket. You are either giving away 1000s upon 1000s of tickets every week or are charging fans less than what fans of non league teams pay.

It's one or the other.

Complete bullshit

Your average ticket price last season was £12 according to club accounts. To put that into perspective Gateshead of the Conference charge £15 a ticket. You are either giving away 1000s upon 1000s of tickets every week or are charging fans less than what fans of non league teams pay.

It's one or the other.

:lol:

Guest Open_C

I work with a few Sunlun fans and none of them find it difficult to get free tickets, like.  I have seen dozens of them passed around this past season.  Never found out where they were coming from but they said on the ticket face that they were free.  I would guess, from the people that brought them in to give away, that most of them came from the charity sector which is laudable but not a long-term business model, obviously :lol:

Guest Open_C

'refuse to pay' surely the main issue with that post, hithere even said there's loads of free tickets around :dontknow:

Aye, fair enough :thup:  That said, two or three of the blokes I'm talking about only go when they go for free, so there maybe is something to it.  I've never been offered a free ticket to SJP, only ones that other people had paid for but couldn't get to.

Aye. Don't think they 'refuse to pay' is right to say. There maybe some fans who are resistant to paying when they know they can get free ones. There is though still plenty of fans who out there pay for their tickets. One of my uni mates has a season ticket for them and the friends of his who are Sunderland fans all have a season ticket which they pay for despite them being able to get free tickets elsewhere.

Complete bullshit

There's a massive section of your fanbase refuse to pay for tickets, hence the £12 average ticket price (wasn't that what it worked out at when they released their latest financial accounts?) and one of the lowest annual gate revenues in the Premiership.

Whether you personally pay for your ticket or not has nothing to do with it. Thousands of your fans get in for fuck all and even those lot decided against it from Christmas onwards.