sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This takeover nonsense is really going to f*** them over. Could take another month at least to finalize a takeover and there won't be a manager appointment before most likely. That said, if its Pardew that is gold for him... built in excuses. 

"We was hampered by the moveable feast that the takeover was. I'm hoping for patience as it will take time, an 8 game losing streak happens in football."

Thought I would 'classify' and colour code Sunderland's fixtures (Aug & Sep) according to finishing position last year of the opposition: treating the top eight (including two relegated sides) as RED (least likely to beat), next eight as AMBER, and remaining seven (including promoted sides) as GREEN. Opposition sides moves up or down a category depending if home or away, i.e. if playing a RED team at home it becomes an AMBER fixture; and a GREEN team away becomes an AMBER fixture.

Whilst a bit random, it should give, based on last year's form/squads, a sense of how well they should be doing at the end if Sept given the relative difficulty of the start. So:

Derby H

Norwich A

Sheffield Wed A

Leeds H

BarnsleyA

Sheffield Utd H

Nottingham Forest H

Hull A

Cardiff H

Ipswich A

Preston A

Presuming on average the points total for an average Championship side would see three points for Green games, 1 point for Amber and 0 for Red. 12 points by end of Sept would signal mid-table mediocrity. Less = trouble ahead. More = on course for top half.

There are 5 out of 16 Red games, 3 of 15 Amber, and 3 of 15 Green games. So relatively speaking more difficult first 11 eleven games.

:lol:      imagine if i had done this

If you asked the average Mackem in today's circumstances that the could have Lee Clark as a manager, he'd have a brilliant season finishing 3rd, before smashing it in the second season with an exciting team, to have him show up at the 2019 FA Cup Final watching Newcastle with an anti-Sunderland shirt on so needing to replace him, do you think they'd take it?

14/1 for relegation at this moment in time seems a cracking price.

It's pre-season, they have no manager, lost half their squad, the other half are either shit or probably want out. I might have some black and white tinted specs on but they'll surely be closer to the drop than play offs?

It's pre-season, they have no manager, lost half their squad, the other half are either s*** or probably want out. I might have some black and white tinted specs on but they'll surely be closer to the drop than play offs?

They are in a bit of a state, preparation has been terrible so far BUT I really can't see them being relegated.

As much as we take the mick they are a big club in The Championship and when they finally get moving they will be able to sign/loan decent enough players that will ensure they are not flirting with relegation.

It's pre-season, they have no manager, lost half their squad, the other half are either s*** or probably want out. I might have some black and white tinted specs on but they'll surely be closer to the drop than play offs?

They are in a bit of a state, preparation has been terrible so far BUT I really can't see them being relegated.

As much as we take the mick they are a big club in The Championship and when they finally get moving they will be able to sign/loan decent enough players that will ensure they are not flirting with relegation.

So were Leeds sheff wed and forest