sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sean Dyche is properly in his comfort zone at Burnley, the fans love him and he is having relative success.  I would not see him wishing to leave, especially as Burnley have just been promoted to the Premier League.  The lure of Sun'lun, no matter how appealing it seems to all of us on here ( :))would not be enough to take him away from there.

They've tried to get Dyche before IIRC. Might have been last summer.

Moyes would be their best manager of the modern era, would be a very good appointment. Not sure how he is/how much respect he commands having summarily failed in his last 2 jobs, but Sunderland would kill to get anything like the success he had at Everton.

Of course it'll be Moyes. Big question is who replaces him in November.

Are we playing them the following week? Until that's the case whichever mediocre 'aim for 17th and beat teh mags' chancer they get will be sitting pretty.

Have they got any money? Moyes would be mental to go in there if not.

100m TV money?- but of course everyone else has - and most other clubs are more attractive ( ie they are not Sunderland) and don't give away 30% of their gates for free.

so at best disadvantaged imo.

Everyone should have big money next year. They've been severely mismanaged at the top if they don't after 10 years in the top flight almost, biggish crowds and the new TV money.

Their biggish crowds are negated by the fact they charge next to nowt for the fans to get in and flood the place with free tickets. For example their gate receipts are far smaller than the likes of Southamptons are as shown in the last set of accounts.

I don't think the money is a problem now with the TV deal. They were broke I guess if you look at their last few transfer windows tho. No one just wants to go there. Relegation battle year after year.

Everyone should have big money next year. They've been severely mismanaged at the top if they don't after 10 years in the top flight almost, biggish crowds and the new TV money.

Their biggish crowds are negated by the fact they charge next to nowt for the fans to get in and flood the place with free tickets. For example their gate receipts are far smaller than the likes of Southamptons are as shown in the last set of accounts.

Regarding the free tickets thing, a mate of mine works at Newcastle Uni and found out recently that the uni gets a load of discounted tickets for home games that uni staff can apply for. Never knew we did things like that, otherwise I'd have taken advantage of it whilst I was working there.

So strange that he never got a look-in at Sunderland.

http://cdn-football365.365.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/08103938/Sam-Allardyce-700x367.jpg

"ARE YOU A PROPER FOOTBALLER?"

"What eez thiz "pro-per" footballer you speak of? In Italia we like to stay compact but flexible, defend as one and-..."

"IS THAT A NO?!! ARE YOU TRYING TO CHALLENGE MY METHODS?!"

"Uh, no Mr Allardyce, I was simply describing how I have been used to passing ze ball into feet..."

"RIGHT. FUCK OFF".

He's one of their best players and they don't even know it. [emoji38]

Funny but I thought he was bang average in the Euros. Ran around like fuck and finished that long ball really well in one of the group games but overall his general play came to nothing for the most part. Commentators seemed to be falling over themselves to say how good he was though but it seemed like mostly running about to me.

Regarding the free tickets thing, a mate of mine works at Newcastle Uni and found out recently that the uni gets a load of discounted tickets for home games that uni staff can apply for. Never knew we did things like that, otherwise I'd have taken advantage of it whilst I was working there.

I'd imagine every top football club in the country does things like this, just not on the scale the mackems do it.

It is if they're still making a loss year after year.

They surely cannot be making loss anymore after the deal? Wages have also gone up though so maybe.. They maybe as badly run as we are (pre-Rafa)

They won't get "a load" which is the reason you were unaware of this but they will get some, which will be the case at clubs up and down the country. The mackems flood there university, all their local schools and many workplaces in the area with free and heavily discounted tickets which is why their gate receipts are tiny in comparison with other clubs in the league getting similar crowds and less than clubs averaging 15k less than them.

Their last set of accounts showed a drop of 26% in their gate receipts despite an increase in attendances so it's clear  they're having to give away more tickets than ever to get a crowd in.

If it wasn't for the TV money and Ellis Short bailing them out they would be in administration because their fanbase certainly don't pull their weight.

It is if they're still making a loss year after year.

They surely cannot be making loss anymore after the deal? Wages have also gone up though so maybe.. They maybe as badly run as we are (pre-Rafa)

Financially far worse.  There isn't much in it from a sporting perspective as well (even though they have tried their best and we have been crippled by our transfer and commercial policy)