sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why do they insist that the Fairs Cup wasn't a major trophy? :lol:

To win it we had to beat the team who went on to win the Dutch League that year, Sporting Lisbon, Real Zaragoza had just finished 5th in La Liga,Vitoria Setubal were one of the top 4 in Portugal, Rangers, and beat the best team in Hungary (when Hungarian football was still a force) after they'd beaten Leeds along the way.     

It was a European competition. Most mackems have never seen, nor understand what it means to take part in European football.

Barcelona have it proudly on display on their honours list etc. That’s good enough for me.

It's a clear major honour. We've been in a few European semis, quarters aswell, we've had a decent of games in Europe.

Mackems are so bitter. Never tasted it, European nights are class, especially under the lights at St James.

Absolutely loved that game when nibbled Juve 1-0 at home. Ganning away in Europe always fun. No deal for the Mackems  :lol:

To win it we had to beat the team who went on to win the Dutch League that year, Sporting Lisbon, Real Zaragoza had just finished 5th in La Liga,Vitoria Setubal were one of the top 4 in Portugal, Rangers, and beat the best team in Hungary (when Hungarian football was still a force) after they'd beaten Leeds along the way.     

Barcelona have it proudly on display on their honours list etc. That’s good enough for me.

What’s is more than good enough and what the mackem can’t take is that FIFA, you know the people  who run the sport and have the final say in everything related to the sport and what is what, recognize it as a major honor. That is the debate over before you could even begin it.

The only reason that Uefa don’t list it is because it wasn’t their competition at the time. They took it over in 1971 because it was such an important European competition and renamed it the Uefa Cup. The Fairs Cup had abolished the 1 city 1 club rule some years before we won but the FA kept it until 1974 (by which time it was the UEFA Cup) when Everton challenged this. Of course the Mackems conveniently overlook all of this, in fact they probably don’t know the last bit at all.

I thought we played Anderlecht?

Feyenoord.

:thup:

TV CREWS have been following Sunderland this season for a behind-the-scenes docu-series.

But when it is shown on Netflix in the summer, Black Cats fans might want to hide behind the sofa.

bAiuQ6F.gif

It was a European competition. Most mackems have never seen, nor understand what it means to take part in European football.

If there are any idiots on the planet who do not think that the Fairs Cup was a Major Trophy (and I don't think there actually can be any really) then let them read through THIS . . .

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpost.php?p=55836819&postcount=942

TV CREWS have been following Sunderland this season for a behind-the-scenes docu-series.

But when it is shown on Netflix in the summer, Black Cats fans might want to hide behind the sofa.

dXncu8M.gif

To be fair, our relegation at Villa Park was one of the days I've felt most passionate at a game, and most proud to be a toon fan. Fans were an absolute force in that adversity.

On some level, I have to say, I enjoyed that 'fuck yous all, Newcastle United will never be defeated' defiance of the day.

bAiuQ6F.gif

thats even better than a few fans getting in to see the relegation.

What are the ideal results this weekend? Obviously Sunderland getting beat it one of them, but what else do we need? It's too early in the day to be working out points.

bolton to beat barnsley.

then only need a birmingham win, and a mackem loss to take to goal difference at best.

What are the ideal results this weekend? Obviously Sunderland getting beat it one of them, but what else do we need? It's too early in the day to be working out points.

bolton to beat barnsley.

then only need a birmingham win, and a mackem loss to take to goal difference at best.

Whatever the Barnsley v Bolton result fourth bottom will be on at least 40 points. A mackem loss to Reading will mean a gap of seven points and I really don't see them getting anything at Fulham while Fulham need points for automatic promotion.