Martins on fire!

Dinho lad

Guest thompers

6 goals in 18 appearances now.

Scoring twice in 2 of them. Makes it 4 games in which he's scored. Hopefully today will mark the start of an improvement.

Knee jerk tastic.

Similar to people writing him off after a few games tbh

Exactly, I think he's going to be good for us given time but this post is the epitome of the board man.

I'm just giving him credit for the last two matches, what's your problem?

He's hardly on fire yet though is he? hopefully he will be in the up and coming fixtures as since the Arsenal game he's looked a hell of a lot better and is growing in confidence.

Guest thompers

Scoring in 4 games out of 18 is far from impressive. He has looked better lately, but unless he does score more goals and have more games like today then he'll stuggle to justify a £10m fee.

Knee jerk tastic.

Similar to people writing him off after a few games tbh

Exactly, I think he's going to be good for us given time but this post is the epitome of the board man.

I'm just giving him credit for the last two matches, what's your problem?

He's hardly on fire yet though is he? hopefully he will be in the up and coming fixtures as since the Arsenal game he's looked a hell of a lot better and is growing in confidence.

figure of speech.

Where's the fella that kept saying he was a sprinter in the wrong sport?

As said in the match thread, 10+ goals at the end of the season from him plus some more team play like he has been doing and its a very good first season for a young foreigner settling into the league.

So you'd be happy with just 4 more from now until May?

Good to see him getting on the scoresheet. He really is starting to adapt, what is a positive sign. I am still not totally convinced though. He should unsettle the opposition with his pace far more than he is doing.

Le Tiss calling him excellent, super today. :thup:

Said he took his goals really well, and his hold-up play was good. Said he'd not given him enough credit for the second at the time.

Bob Moncur on Century never shut up about how bad he was. He does exactly the same every week, it's ridiculous.

As said in the match thread, 10+ goals at the end of the season from him plus some more team play like he has been doing and its a very good first season for a young foreigner settling into the league.

Would prefer more but its not a bad amount of goals for someone who is young and starting out in an entirely new league. Maybe 10 premiership goals then  bluewink.gif

I'm actually starting to think Martins-Owen might just work as a pairing. Martins does win a fair share in the air (oh yes) for his height.

Wins loads in the air, I've never seen a player who can jump as high.

Would prefer more but its not a bad amount of goals for someone who is young and starting out in an entirely new league. Maybe 10 premiership goals then  bluewink.gif

Yeah I'd take that. Martins should get 4 in the cups alone. I can see him getting 15-20 myself.

I'm actually starting to think Martins-Owen might just work as a pairing. Martins does win a fair share in the air (oh yes) for his height.

Wins loads in the air, I've never seen a player who can jump as high.

Agree. His feet are normally at hip height when he leaps.

The thing to remember with Martins is that he isn't an out and out goalscorer, he's someone who'll get around 10 goals a season and chip in with a few assists, he's suffered by not having an experienced striker to play off yet after a shaky start he's got better and better :thup:

Him and Owen will be electric as a strike partnership IMO.

The thing to remember with Martins is that he isn't an out and out goalscorer, he's someone who'll get around 10 goals a season and chip in with a few assists, he's suffered by not having an experienced striker to play off yet after a shaky start he's got better and better :thup:

If he is rather a supporting striker then I find his rather static play even more dubious tbh.  blueconfused.gif

If he is rather a supporting striker then I find his rather static play even more dubious tbh.  blueconfused.gif

Its his first season, he is constantly getting used to new partners and he is still young. He is showing more than enough potential at the moment.

But he isn't playing as a support striker as we have nobody up top to score goals.

Just glad he's not Jon Dahl Tommason mk 2

Its his first season, he is constantly getting used to new partners and he is still young. He is showing more than enough potential at the moment.

All nice and fair, I give him that. Still no reason for his lack of mobility IMHO.

:thup: Yep i agree