Martins on fire!

Dinho lad

ROEDER LUVS MARTINS 4EVA IDST

Glenn Roeder paid tribute to Obafemi Martins after Newcastle's 2-1 victory over Watford, and warned that there was more to come from the Nigerian striker.

Martins grabbed two fine goals to help The Magpies maintain their encouraging form and Roeder was thrilled with his performance.

"Today we saw the Oba Martins I have been telling you about for a long while - and you will see plenty more, I will keep saying that," he praised.

"They were two magnificent finishes."

Roeder had every faith in Martins when he decided to sign him for £10 million from Internazionale in the summer, but has also thanked chairman Freddy Shepherd for backing his judgement.

"It was just so pleasing when I wanted to buy him that the chairman found the money because he was an expensive purchase," he recalled.

"It is not relief, but it is pleasing to see him start scoring goals, which he has done over the last few games.

"He will bring plenty to the table. He is 22 years old and he has got the attitude of a player who will keep improving.

"He is a lovely man and he has got something that I personally love in a human being, he has got humility."

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=435801&CPID=8&clid=4&lid=&title=Roeder+praise+for+Martins

Roeder and Martins sitting in a tree B U M M I N G

The way some people have slagged Roeder off for "wasting" money on him i think he has a bit of a right to keep doing it.

Yep me too, From the moment we bought him the media were branding him a flop, Roeder stuck by him and defended him everytime. IMHO Roeder has every right to stick his 2 fingers up to the media.

If Martins was crap how would you descripe Sibs performance? Yep...Martins got too deep to the get ball but he had to do that as the midfield really seemed unable to deliver it. Le Sib hardly won a single header during the whole game and in general his performce was absolute crap.

Thats cos he is crap!

he will be found out soon. been on a lucky streak but albert is at least 700% better!

And thats a fact!

:thup:

The boy's class. He's got so much to his game as well - lightning fast, powerful shot, two footed, good with his head, can touch the top of the East Stand when he jumps, strong on the ball. Not perfect, but who is at 21?

Doesn't stop some knackers moaning when he's not Maradona like.

The boy's class. He's got so much to his game as well - lightning fast, powerful shot, two footed, good with his head, can touch the top of the East Stand when he jumps, strong on the ball. Not perfect, but who is at 21?

I for one can't wait for him and Owen to link up together mate, that is going to be one hell of a partnership.

Yep thats something that makes me almost 100% certain he will be a good player for us. You have players with some good parts to their game but Martins has soo many!

I still don't know what some people expected from a £10m 21 year old! Would love to snap up a finished article at 21 but if you do its gonna cost a hell of a lot more than £10m!

Guest TheOrder

No need for a lofting centre forward with a spring like this.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/%5BFFi%5DRemusLupin/9767293.jpg