Martins on fire!

Dinho lad

The thing to remember with Martins is that he isn't an out and out goalscorer, he's someone who'll get around 10 goals a season and chip in with a few assists, he's suffered by not having an experienced striker to play off yet after a shaky start he's got better and better :thup:

Him and Owen will be electric as a strike partnership IMO.

If he is rather a supporting striker then I find his rather static play even more dubious tbh.  blueconfused.gif

Its his first season, he is constantly getting used to new partners and he is still young. He is showing more than enough potential at the moment.

All nice and fair, I give him that. Still no reason for his lack of mobility IMHO.

I think you mean the unsurety that he has when running off the ball, not his mobility. He is mobile as fuck, just doesnt know which way to go. That is because he doesnt know what the other player is going to do. He will learn this. This is the truth tbh.

Guest kingdawson

yep martins is doing quite good from the little ive seen of him. Always thought he was a good player and he's proving me right yet again. He's no Berbatov though.

The thing to remember with Martins is that he isn't an out and out goalscorer, he's someone who'll get around 10 goals a season and chip in with a few assists, he's suffered by not having an experienced striker to play off yet after a shaky start he's got better and better :thup:

Him and Owen will be electric as a strike partnership IMO.

If he is rather a supporting striker then I find his rather static play even more dubious tbh.  blueconfused.gif

But he isn't playing as a support striker as we have nobody up top to score goals.

Yes, but he should have a bit of "natural" movement then. Running into channels, trying to make himself available etc. Even if he is played as an out and out striker. He looked less mobile than Alan Shearer in a couple of games.

How is Bellamy doing bluelaugh.gif

been punching women again and been to court, thats about it,

anyway best game i saw Martins in was West Ham away, him and Duff upfront were unstoppable with their pace, hopefully will be the same with Owen

He will get better, I cannot beleive some of the stick he gets, he is just a young lad in a new league and he is doing well.

Look at Drogba, he is miles better this season now he is more used to the league, Martins will find he gets better game by game also.

I hope he stays here for a very very veyr long time.  :roll: :roll:

15 goals in a debut season from a 22 year old from the italian leagues would be amazing. Some may call this knee jerk, but the little i've seen of him suggests he will be world class in a few years. just needs to develop his game.

I know what Isegrim is talking about and do agree, just think Martins is probably be asked to play different roles as he is having different types of players next to him and its probably not the easiest way to settle and get your own game together.

yep martins is doing quite good from the little ive seen of him. Always thought he was a good player and he's proving me right yet again. He's no Berbatov though.

Yeah, he's a few years younger. Different kind of striker too really.

Guest thompers

He's no Jenas either, thankfully :)

15 goals in a debut season from a 22 year old from the italian leagues would be amazing. Some may call this knee jerk, but the little i've seen of him suggests he will be world class in a few years. just needs to develop his game.

Wouldn't argue with that. He needs to stay fit, keep his feet on the ground and keep working hard, so long as he does this i believe he will be a very good player. World Class?.......... maybe. 

.............. you see this shit! You are allowed you opinion but i really wish you would F*** off. No-one gives a toss how good berbatov is, until he plays against us. Maybe one day he will get to play for a big club but i'm sure he will thank spurs for being an excellent spring board.

Guest kingdawson

I agree somewhat. People seem to have it in there heads that Berbatov is a striker that leads the line but that is far from the truth. Berbatov like Martins is a drifter who likes to look for the ball rather then wait for the ball to reach him, so in that sense there quite similiar. Both are very good strikers though.

Guest theunis

He is a young lad in a new league with loads of expectations on him. I think he is doing a good job. Prem is hard for a new player. He is only learning what his team mates is doing, but the better his partners are the more dangerious he looks. He will come good, he just need to stay fit and we need to get some decent help for him

Guest Deep456

Basically I want 15+goals from him this season in the premiership. Another 11 goals to go in 22 games.

Don't want much do you? :roll:

You think that's alot quite frankly I don't. A striker at Newcastle should be getting a goal every 2 games. I admit he has come to a different league but he has now found his feet now it's time to produce.

Basically I want 15+goals from him this season in the premiership. Another 11 goals to go in 22 games.

You think that's alot quite frankly I don't. A striker at Newcastle should be getting a goal every 2 games. I admit he has come to a different league but he has now found his feet now it's time to produce.

Because Bellamy was scoring a goal every 2 games for us? He was cr8p though wasnt he?  bluewink.gif

Guest Deep456

Because Bellamy was scoring a goal every 2 games for us? He was cr8p though wasnt he? bluewink.gif

Yes, but Bellamy was scoring 1 every 3 games. So in 22 games Martins should get 7 more that's 11. Why not 15 then I ask?

Because Bellamy was scoring a goal every 2 games for us? He was cr8p though wasnt he? bluewink.gif

Yes, but Bellamy was scoring 1 every 3 games. So in 22 games Martins should get 7 more that's 11. Why not 15 then I ask?

Because thats 4 more  bluewink.gif why shouldn't he get 20? Only 5 more than 15.

:lol:

The very best strikers in WORLD football have those kind of ratios. Fuck me.

:lol:

The very best strikers in WORLD football have those kind of ratios. Fuck me.

This is Newcastle thought Dave! Its not like our last 1 in 2 striker cost a world record fee or anything!

I never had a shirt with Shearer on the back, dunno why he is a legend I just never did the shirt thing, and Pater B. left.

but as soon as the new EUFA shirt came out I got Martins on it, I just think this kid will be a legend too, not as big as Al I doubt very much we will see the likes of him again in the game, but a legend in his own right is what Oba will be.

The pace is great, left or right foot great, and would out jump Sir Les, the stuff he lacks he can learn the things he has you cant learn, you just have it or you don't and he does have it by the bucket full!

Once he learns about the English game our only worry with him, will be keeping him here.

Martins has looked class since he's come back from injury. I never doubted he wouldn't be awesome player for us.

I knew that goal against Reading was important - and i said earlier today that if he scores against Blackburn, he won't look back...

Think i have said this before but Martin's future partner (Owen) probably has the best movement in the game! Im sure he can teach him a thing or two about where to be and how to get space from defenders.