Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Good to hear his daughter is going to Durham University which is good for his family.

good stuff, is it incidental or because hes here?

Took the Newcastle job to keep an eye on her :lol: 

Guest Howaythetoon

"Some clubs are like hollywood" is a great quote like.

For Rafa to basically choose Newcastle United, a man of his expertise, credibility and above all else integrity says a lot about our shitty club to be honest. Its says Newcastle United is something a bit special. If only the fucking owner realized that.

I love the bloke me, he is another KK, another Sir Bobby. More so KK because he believes this club even under Ashley can be something much bigger. He's here for the same reasons KK came here for, but without the Geordie link. He basically gets it, gets us and is one of us.

We could lose and lose heavily, we could remain in the Championship... with Rafa in charge however, I for one will never question him beyond daft things like team selection or tactics.

He has my 100% trust just as KK did and Sir Bobby. They may make mistakes, may pick players I wouldn't and will lose games, but you trust them all the same.

Aye agree HTT. He's cut from that same cloth in my opinion. Instant connection and relationship built and continued to be nurtured. I trust him 100% and initial knee jerks aside when I may not agree with a player or tactic.

Good to hear his daughter is going to Durham University which is good for his family.

good stuff, is it incidental or because hes here?

She'll have applied way before he took the gig here.

Guest Howaythetoon

Aye agree HTT. He's cut from that same cloth in my opinion. Instant connection and relationship built and continued to be nurtured. I trust him 100% and initial knee jerks aside when I may not agree with a player or tactic.

That's it with me, I know he will play Dummet more than he should be played for example and his football isn't the best either, its totally different to KK's, but I trust the man 100%. Ashley has basically got a get out of jail free card in Rafa. No Rafa and the house burns down, ST sales would be below 20K and attendances not much more than that. Rafa on board and everyone is buzzing, myself included. I've always said the manager is the main man, he sets the agenda regardless of club and resources. KK as manager and its about winning titles. Pardew and its about staying up. Pardew was manager of NUFC and actually finished 5th. A year later and we should be celebrating the fact we didn't qualify for Europe and to have a party at home to Arsenal for avoiding relegation. KK finishes 5th and its a failure. Rafa is of the same cloth as you said. If Ashley doesn't f*** things up this could be quite the ride!

Still cannot believe that we have this gadgie as our manager :lol: Imagine if we had a decent ownership to go hand in hand then the sky really would be the limit. Its just a shame that we have to do a year in the championship though but at least the tide for us is turning.

Still cannot believe that we have this gadgie as our manager :lol: Imagine if we had a decent ownership to go hand in hand then the sky really would be the limit. Its just a shame that we have to do a year in the championship though but at least the tide for us is turning.

All Ashley has to do is keep his fucking mouth shut and let Rafa get on with it, if he can somehow manage that no-one will be complaining much about the owner anymore

‘With Alder and Sweeney in our memories

“Today, Sunday 17th July, my thoughts are with the families of our fans John Alder and Liam Sweeney, who lost their lives following the club that they loved in pre-season two years ago.

“They are in the hearts of so many people at this club.

“Come on Toons!!!”

- See more at: http://www.themag.co.uk/2016/07/rafa-benitez-emotional-tribute-liam-sweeney-john-alder-via-personal-website-newcastle-united/?#sthash.QxNrOnXW.dpuf

‘With Alder and Sweeney in our memories

“Today, Sunday 17th July, my thoughts are with the families of our fans John Alder and Liam Sweeney, who lost their lives following the club that they loved in pre-season two years ago.

“They are in the hearts of so many people at this club.

“Come on Toons!!!”

- See more at: http://www.themag.co.uk/2016/07/rafa-benitez-emotional-tribute-liam-sweeney-john-alder-via-personal-website-newcastle-united/?#sthash.QxNrOnXW.dpuf

Can't believe it's been two years already.

"Some clubs are like hollywood" is a great quote like.

For Rafa to basically choose Newcastle United, a man of his expertise, credibility and above all else integrity says a lot about our shitty club to be honest. Its says Newcastle United is something a bit special. If only the f***ing owner realized that.

I love the bloke me, he is another KK, another Sir Bobby. More so KK because he believes this club even under Ashley can be something much bigger. He's here for the same reasons KK came here for, but without the Geordie link. He basically gets it, gets us and is one of us.

We could lose and lose heavily, we could remain in the Championship... with Rafa in charge however, I for one will never question him beyond daft things like team selection or tactics.

He has my 100% trust just as KK did and Sir Bobby. They may make mistakes, may pick players I wouldn't and will lose games, but you trust them all the same.

A very good summary by HTT....agree with most of it, slight difference between KK & Rafa in that KK was pulled by the club because of his emotional links via his father and his time as a player here, whereas Rafa has taken a cold hard look at NUFC and likes what he sees - he knows the club can be so much better than it has been and that the potential is limitless once he gets it back into the PL PROVIDED he gets the support of the owner. He will do a great job given a bit of time but he will be off if he thinks there is any backsliding by Ashley & Co...I believe he wants to see the club competing at the top of the PL in time and it is still a matter of conjecture whether Ashley will share Rafa's long term ambitions for the club.

I wish him every success and at least he has given the club a chance to have one of the world's best managers - he has won just about everything, even more that KK and SBR did in their time in the game and getting us into a PL challenging spot within 3 years would equal anything he has achieved so far.

Guest chopey

If we are top of the league and made a profit on transfers by the time the window shuts Ashley will probably give rafa a 10 year contract

Daniel Agger on Rafa

“He was, without a doubt, the best tactician I have played for. He could change formation and tactics three times in one game. We practised his different systems so we knew what to do in different ones. I also remember when we went 1-0 down against Barcelona at the Camp Nou. Benítez was there [pushing his hands downwards as to say ‘stay calm’]. A few of us panicked a little bit and thought we’d get our arses kicked but he was ice cool. He just stood there on the sidelines and said: take it easy, carry on doing what you are doing – and in the end we won 2-1.