Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

His unwillingness to change tactics for home games could be the reason we don't go up automatically. No idea what he sees when he is watching us, he obviously was aware of the issues considering who we tried to sign, but surely he should be changing something with the layers we have got, it's the same rubbish every game.

Guest palnese

I find it incredible that someone with his experience don't see the need for a tactical change. We're dire and have been for quite some time.

I find it incredible that someone with his experience don't see the need for a tactical change. We're dire and have been for quite some time.

He hasn't trained the players in any other formations yet. Only intelligent enough for one, and that's a struggle.

He asked for two new players, and got zero new players. Not his fault.

Guest palnese

The same team won 9 in a row or whatever it was. Now we can't string 9 passes together. He's a big part of the problem.

Carrying on with the 4-2-3-1 when teams negate it is his fault to be fair. He waits too long to change it up at times.

He hasn't trained the players in any other formations yet. Only intelligent enough for one, and that's a struggle.

That formation is just about good enough when Diame and Gayle are starting. It goes to shit when they aren't. None of the players look confident in what they're doing.

Rafa rotated the players early in the season maybe that kept everyone on their toes.

Injuries,and Acon, have reduced his ability to do this- the window would have been a chance to strengthen. Ashley has fucking blown it yet again.

We have our first class manager in years and he's working with one hand tied behind his back.

He's not going to change system or his philosophy as unlike previous clowns it's actually brought him success at the highest level of game giving him a reason to believe what he's doing is actually right.

We have our first class manager in years and he's working with one hand tied behind his back.

He's not going to change system or his philosophy as unlike previous clowns it's actually brought him success at the highest level of game giving him a reason to believe what he's doing is actually right.

He's not like, he's spent a fortune.  I know, £30m profit...

Guest palnese

He's not at the highest level anymore and his tactics aren't working at the moment. What do you do? You mix it up, try something new. I don't give a fuck about his former success tbh. All that matter is here and now.

I mentioned it in the other thread, but his stubbornness is so annoying.

This. Unlike previous 'managers' he has evidence that his way actually works. Naturally you give it way more time before writing it off.

He's not like, he's spent a fortune.  I know, £30m profit...

We also sold all our best players who everyone relentlessly critiqued and replaced them whilst yielding the profit you mention.

I really don't understand this place sometimes.

This. Unlike previous 'managers' he has evidence that his way actually works. Naturally you give it way more time before writing it off.

He won't get time though. His project can only really last one season.

He's not at the highest level anymore and his tactics aren't working at the moment. What do you do? You mix it up, try something new. I don't give a fuck about his former success tbh. All that matter is here and now.

I mentioned it in the other thread, but his stubbornness is so annoying.

So the answer is change your philosophy and start from scratch because a few people on NO feel it isn't working?

Personally I'm not sure we have the players to implement any system particularly well, certainly not at a level which this forum seems to expect.