Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Applying the laws of the Internet, if Townsend doesn't come and Rafa fails to resign, is he in danger of stumbling into fraudulent yes-man scum territory?

Has anyone suggested he would resign immediately? I think his relationship with the club will be damaged if we don't get anyone in personally.

The point is and always has been that he wants players this window but Ashley is probably being a cunt about it - not sure why it's so hard to imagine. I doubt he'll be happy with it but he's never going to go all Karanka and start mouthing off to the press, he was never going to go overboard this window.

If we pull similar bullshit in the summer I doubt he'll be the same, I'd expect him to walk but would prefer he was a pitiful yes man tbh.

I wonder if Liverpool fans are flapping over Klopp not getting anyone to help their push for the title (and probably ending that push). Klopp seems cool about it.

Rafa didn't look p*ssed off to me, like.

:thup:

I wonder if Liverpool fans are flapping over Klopp not getting anyone to help their push for the title (and probably ending that push). Klopp seems cool about it.

Rafa didn't look p*ssed off to me, like.

He didn't look pissed off because as he said he was confident it was happening - let's see if he is still not as pissed off after the deadline closes

If there's a better offer elsewhere he'll be off, but that's always been the case regardless of this window.

Think it would have to be a properly shit summer window for him to do one without something lined up. As you say, it's plausible. Not that I agree this one has been 'abysmal'.

Disagree he's flounced off before for less. Love the guy for giving us a go but he negotiated for total control and isn't going to stick around if he is sabotaged. He will see the season out I expect as he is an honourable guy but if he feels he is being undermined or not backed he won't stick around, no chance.

Disagree he's flounced off before for less. Love the guy for giving us a go but he negotiated for total control and isn't going to stick around if he is sabotaged. He will see the season out I expect as he is an honourable guy but if he feels he is being undermined or not backed he won't stick around, no chance.

Has he flounced before? He left Valencia but was at Liverpool within days.

It could be argued that the squad is still the best in the division and we'll have more options to spend that money in the summer. He's made it pretty clear he wanted a couple of signings though and not getting even one player in will have put doubts in his mind.

I don't think there is anything to worry about, for now.  Understandable paranoia though, we are like battered wives just waiting for the next slap.  Always that niggle we aren't allowed to have nice things. 

Agree, if he's pissed off with it now he won't hang about to see how our transfer business goes in the summer. That said, nobody knows what's going on behind closed doors and it might all be fine.

My fear is that Ashley and that will be looking at the players on the bench and reserves that came in for significant fees and wages and thinking he knows football better than Benitez and we've somehow wasted money compared to his better way, that saw us sign Cabella, Thauvin etc and get relegated twice. We all know he's that arrogant and stupid.