Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Still think we'll go up, but it's a worrying lack of faith in the manager. Yet again.

Sound like he was upbeat earlier but he can't be happy with this. He's being saying all month that we needed a couple in.

this.....worth forking out £2Mil for Townsend just to keep Rafa happy.

Yous all need to calm down like. Our squad is comfortably in the top 2 in the league, and we should be getting promoted with or without Andros Townsend.

And how do you know if Rafa wasn't fully involved in deciding not to go through with the deal? I think you're all reading far too much into the situation out of fear for losing a manager, when there's little evidence to suggest he's been let down.

If he does leave tomorrow, I will obviously hold my hands up and say I'm wrong, but I'd also lose a bit of respect for him too. Not getting one or two players, when you already have a good squad as it is is not a reason to resign.

You talk sense, like it!

Guest neesy111

Yous all need to calm down like. Our squad is comfortably in the top 2 in the league, and we should be getting promoted with or without Andros Townsend.

And how do you know if Rafa wasn't fully involved in deciding not to go through with the deal? I think you're all reading far too much into the situation out of fear for losing a manager, when there's little evidence to suggest he's been let down.

If he does leave tomorrow, I will obviously hold my hands up and say I'm wrong, but I'd also lose a bit of respect for him too. Not getting one or two players, when you already have a good squad as it is is not a reason to resign.

Are you very condescending at times in telling people to calm down all the time.

The bigger picture? Looking at our next 10 games, I can see only 3 I actually expect us to win. That number becomes 0 if anything happens to Shelvey.

Yep, true, and weve been very lucky to have gained 58 points so far.

I'm disappointed with how today has gone but I don't think this is true

And how do you know if Rafa wasn't fully involved in deciding not to go through with the deal? I think you're all reading far too much into the situation out of fear for losing a good manager, when there's little evidence to suggest he's been let down or that he's unhappy.

I go along with most of that.....except the last paragraph, if he's been lied to he has to either come out and say it and challenge Ashley or walk.

And how do you know if Rafa wasn't fully involved in deciding not to go through with the deal? I think you're all reading far too much into the situation out of fear for losing a good manager, when there's little evidence to suggest he's been let down or that he's unhappy.

I think it'd be more to do with control over recruitment.  It's clear he wanted a couple of players in - my concern lack of activity signals lack of control.

Still think we'll go up, but it's a worrying lack of faith in the manager. Yet again.

Sound like he was upbeat earlier but he can't be happy with this. He's being saying all month that we needed a couple in.

Not worried about promotion.

Maybe Rafa feels the same or he misjugded the window.

We know nothing before Rafa speaks tomorrow!

I hope and choose to believe Rafa was backed, he only wanted PL quality and his preferred  targets was harder to get than expected.

Guest neesy111

Are you very condescending at times in telling people to calm down all the time.

What can I say...I don't get stressed out about things like this. I just don't see the same issues (or place as much importance on those issues) as a lot of people on here. Just the way I am. Don't think that's condescending, personally. Just a different viewpoint.

That makes sense, you defended pardew for years.

If Shelvey gets a long term injury tomorrow we don't go up. It's as simple as that. This month taught us that this squad is not the hot shit it thought it was and we have decided to gamble for the sake of £2m, when premier league footy would likely recoup us massively more than that. It's absurd, and I suspect the highter ups are delighted, they get to say 'at least we tried'.

If Shelvey gets a long term injury tomorrow we don't go up. It's as simple as that. This month taught us that this squad is not the hot shit it thought it was and we have decided to gamble for the sake of £2m, when premier league footy would likely recoup us massively more than that. It's absurd, and I suspect the highter ups are delighted, they get to say 'at least we tried'.

Do we know that the deal fell thorough because of the loan fee?

If Shelvey gets a long term injury tomorrow we don't go up. It's as simple as that. This month taught us that this squad is not the hot s*** it thought it was and we have decided to gamble for the sake of £2m, when premier league footy would likely recoup us massively more than that. It's absurd, and I suspect the highter ups are delighted, they get to say 'at least we tried'.

isnt that true for most of the teams at the top of the championship though. lose your most creative player and its unlikely there's gonna be a decent back up option. no decent squads in the championship.

If Shelvey gets a long term injury tomorrow we don't go up. It's as simple as that. This month taught us that this squad is not the hot s*** it thought it was and we have decided to gamble for the sake of £2m, when premier league footy would likely recoup us massively more than that. It's absurd, and I suspect the highter ups are delighted, they get to say 'at least we tried'.

isnt that true for most of the teams at the top of the championship though. lose your most creative player and its unlikely there's gonna be a decent back up option. no decent squads in the championship.

I don't understand how that makes it any better?

We have a very creative player in Matt Ritchie but we don't play a game that helps him.

Spot on.

Guest neesy111

It's not mint, it relies on having Gouffran in it and for Shelvey to play.  It's effective.

Well I meant in context. It's not perfect but it's the best or joint best in the league. And Brighton are only joint best because of one player really.

Really?  Both teams rely on 2 players, Gayle and Shelvey for us and Murray and Knockert for Brighton.