Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

When you've got a squad like ours, it's not helping he's trying to play a formation that doesn't suit the players at his disposal.  That for me is affecting us at times especially in regards to the number 10 position which has been problematic all season for me.

He's playing percentage football to mitigate the potential for errors. That's why Mbemba's not been anywhere near all season. He's a fucking braindead.

Given what's he's achieved this season, with largely a bag of shite, he's bulletproof in my mind.

He's done well, but I wouldn't say bulletproof.

Nobody else would've achieved promotion with this rabble imho.

Very true.

Fucking rubbish.

When you've got a squad like ours, it's not helping he's trying to play a formation that doesn't suit the players at his disposal.  That for me is affecting us at times especially in regards to the number 10 position which has been problematic all season for me.

He's playing percentage football to mitigate the potential for errors. That's why Mbemba's not been anywhere near all season. He's a f***ing braindead.

Given what's he's achieved this season, with largely a bag of s****, he's bulletproof in my mind.

Very true.

f***ing rubbish.

:lol:

Here he is

He's playing percentage football to mitigate the potential for errors. That's why Mbemba's not been anywhere near all season. He's a f***ing braindead.

Given what's he's achieved this season, with largely a bag of s****, he's bulletproof in my mind.

Very true.

f***ing rubbish.

Here he is

He's playing percentage football to mitigate the potential for errors. That's why Mbemba's not been anywhere near all season. He's a fucking braindead.

Given what's he's achieved this season, with largely a bag of shite, he's bulletproof in my mind.

Very true.

Fucking rubbish.

Nope. This club needed a figurehead more than ever. He's the only guy managing in the Championship and I'll include the bottom half of the premiership with the ability to be that.

The fact he can coach the shit out of these fucking goons is clearly a massive advantage. It only goes to shit when you rely on braindeads like Mbemba and Diame to implement it.

100%. :thup: Rafa's made some mistakes but 84 points from 41 games with this shower is very good.

how I feel- been disappointed, we've been a bit shit, but top/2nd is all Rafas credit.

Working with some absolute dog s*** in the squad.

Of which he bought a fair chunk.

He only bought 3 of the players that started today. :lol: :lol:

And...so Lazaar, Atsu, Murphy, Sels, Gamez who were fit enough to play arent picked to start. How is that not Rafa fault if he doesn't think they're good enough to start.

He bought them, he shouldn't immune to stick if it's obvious he's bought some duffers, You can't defend him for using players  like Dummett, Colback, Anita, Gouffran etc, if the players he bought aren't better than them.

Would you have started Murphy ahead of Gayle like?

Working with some absolute dog s*** in the squad.

Of which he bought a fair chunk.

He only bought 3 of the players that started today. :lol: :lol:

And...so Lazaar, Atsu, Murphy, Sels, Gamez who were fit enough to play arent picked to start. How is that not Rafa fault if he doesn't think they're good enough to start.

He bought them, he shouldn't immune to stick if it's obvious he's bought some duffers, You can't defend him for using players  like Dummett, Colback, Anita, Gouffran etc, if the players he bought aren't better than them.

Would you have started Murphy ahead of Gayle like?

Alongside him maybe, but that's been done to death and Rafa will never play two up so its a moot point.

But say today, why not play Murphy up the top, and drop Gayle in behind him not as a number 10 but as a second striker. Basically 4-4-2 so again moot point.

It's not going to happen, but I'd be happy to see the two strikers who finished the game start the next game. The one striker formation is fine if you can rely on the defence to keep it tight, but too often the centre backs defend like Jessies from the set pieces. I think we need to start defending higher up the pitch and look to score more goals. We only need 9 points to be sure of promotion, might as well go for it.

100%. :thup: Rafa's made some mistakes but 84 points from 41 games with this shower is very good.

Just out of curisoity do you think Rafa is getting the best from this squad ? With the squad we have would you play 4-2-3-1 ?

It's not going to happen, but I'd be happy to see the two strikers who finished the game start the next game. The one striker formation is fine if you can rely on the defence to keep it tight, but too often the centre backs defend like Jessies from the set pieces. I think we need to start defending higher up the pitch and look to score more goals. We only need 9 points to be sure of promotion, might as well go for it.

The lone striker is fine if you have a no.10, if you have at least 1 player who will get beyond the lone striker (which I think we have but are instructed to "hold their position") when the lone striker moves away from that one central position.

We've actually been Pardew like this season, try not to get beat, be very rigid and rely on a piece of magic from the star players.

The lone striker is fine if you have a no.10, if you have at least 1 player who will get beyond the lone striker (which I think we have but are instructed to "hold their position") when the lone striker moves away from that one central position.

We've actually been Pardew like this season, try not to get beat, be very rigid and rely on a piece of magic from the star players.

If that was true, then how come Shelvey, Perez and Gouffran all got into great scoring positions? We don't have any star players, it's nothing to do with tactics or formations.

If that was true, then how come Shelvey, Perez and Gouffran all got into great scoring positions? We don't have any star players, it's nothing to do with tactics or formations.

At this level Shelvey and Perez are star players.

It's nothing to do with tactics etc ? Seriously, it's all to do with that.

Just out of curisoity do you think Rafa is getting the best from this squad ? With the squad we have would you play 4-2-3-1 ?

I think our points tally given the lack of quality we have in a number of positons is more than acceptable. I've complained about our systemic rigidity before but the more I think about it the more I think our defenders, particularly through the centre, struggle hopelessly when exposed. 

At home I'd probably play with 2 strikers, to answer the second question.

I think our points tally given the lack of quality we have in a number of positons is more than acceptable. I've complained about our systemic rigidity before but the more I think about it the more I think our defenders, particularly through the centre, struggle hopelessly when exposed. 

At home I'd probably play with 2 strikers, to answer the second question.

So do you think Rafa is getting the best from the squad ? fwiw I think people look at our squad depth as if we were still in the prem.

Also I think our defenders get exposed because the player alongside Shelvey is largely superflous given the role of being watcher(not allowed to get forward and Shelvey is the fulcrum), because in front of them we have 3 that doesn't have a 10 and and gets stretched all over because of the rigidity of the 2 behind.

Rafa can only play with what he's got and half of this team are not fit for purpose. Another massive clear out needed if and when we go up

He doesn't have the players to play his system currently combined with other "functional" players that he's simply getting the best out of. The lack of a solid midfielder next to Shelvey, a competent left winger and proper number 10 really affects our play. Injuries to players like Hayden and Yedlin show up the weakness in the squad too. It's not pretty at times but he's basically grinding it out to get the job done which is simply to go up.

Rafa can only play with what he's got and half of this team are not fit for purpose. Another massive clear out needed if and when we go up

Its the tactics and style of play that stifle the performance. Your telling me that what Rafa has at his disposal after all the money HE has spent that we shouldn't already be home and dry?

This place would be in fucking meltdown if any of our recent managers had pulled that result / performance yesterday. 

Its the tactics and style of play that stifle the performance. Your telling me that what Rafa has at his disposal after all the money HE has spent that we shouldn't already be home and dry?

This place would be in f***ing meltdown if any of our recent managers had pulled that result / performance yesterday. 

Would you rather he wasn't manager then, maybe have one of those previous idiots in charge? We're almost about to go back up at the first attempt which is vital for our clubs existence and we have been a basket case of a club for years. Surely you need to look at the bigger picture?

This place would be in f***ing meltdown if any of our recent managers had pulled that result / performance yesterday. 

Would you rather he wasn't manager then, maybe have one of those previous idiots in charge? We're almost about to go back up at the first attempt which is vital for our clubs existence and we have been a basket case of a club for years. Surely you need to look at the bigger picture?

We went in to yesterday 10 points clear of 3rd place? We should be on the front foot from the off....boring negative shit - the back four passin sideways one way then the other how many fucking times? Ask that back 4 to do some basic defending and they couldn't.

We went in to yesterday 10 points clear of 3rd place? We should be on the front foot from the off....boring negative s*** - the back four passin sideways one way then the other how many f***ing times? Ask that back 4 to do some basic defending and they couldn't.

I wouldn't disagree with you, yesterday was awful. Our away record speaks for itself tough surely, in he most we've been immense away from home.