Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

I'm with Heron, 3 or 4 first teamers is what I expect and isn't even particularly unprecedented under Ashley. One or two frees and/or youngsters to make up the others. £12-14m range for the first teamers, circa £70m total spend.

All that matters is the manager gets what he thinks he needs.

giphy.gif

I'm with Heron, 3 or 4 first teamers is what I expect and isn't even particularly unprecedented under Ashley. One or two frees and/or youngsters to make up the others. £12-14m range for the first teamers, circa £70m total spend.

The way prices are going and how ambitious Rafa is I think we'll break our transfer record this season

TheDonis NO's Rafa Benitez expert.

Hoping there's no swerve on this.

Rafa's way out of our league, man, and Lpool fans have been there and still love him. We're so lucky. Mrs is dragging me down there over Easter, so transpiculatory meets are possible.

transpi-what the f***-culatory  :icon_scratch:

It's descriptive of a situation where somebody might get prontonise, if I have to be circumexacular for you. :thup:

Thanks, man. It is all singledutchiness now.

Guest neesy111

We'll have to break our transfer record next season on a striker otherwise we're getting either another mitrovic in terms of potential or someone that's past it.

We must be only one a few clubs that hadn't broken their transfer record in the last 10 years.

giphy.gif

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,97780.msg6326439.html#msg6326439

Reckon we'd be in trouble if we spent £200m on Alan Smith.

Suppose it depends on how you spend it, not how much.

The two are inextricably linked though, and that's commonly been the problem under Ashley. January suggests even after all we've been through and the calibre of manager in the dugout they still think they know best. In the summer we'll have plenty to spend (a frankly ludicrous amount tbh), there are no excuses for failing to back the manager, scouts or whoever.

The vast majority of west brom fans waiting to pulis out btw judging polls and Twitter.  They detest his football as can be seen by the crowds at the hawthorn.

Also pulis went in the huff about their lack of spend in the summer. 

The statement was "we'll need to spend £100million to avoid fighting relegation."

My argument: West Brom are full of shite players, have a shite manager, and don't spend very much... they're 8th. Absolutely miles away from the relegation battle.

Load of rubbish, man.

Reckon we'd be in trouble if we spent £200m on Alan Smith.

Suppose it depends on how you spend it, not how much.

The two are inextricably linked though, and that's commonly been the problem under Ashley. January suggests even after all we've been through and the calibre of manager in the dugout they still think they know best. In the summer we'll have plenty to spend (a frankly ludicrous amount tbh), there are no excuses for failing to back the manager, scouts or whoever.

:thup:

Obviously we don't need to spend £100m if we pick up a handful of bargains/overachievers, and show intent to improve our squad significantly. When people reference spending X amount of money, it's a general figure guided by the current transfer market. I don't think people are saying they're going to be fucked off if we only spend a tenner, but end up with Messi Suarez and Neymar up front.

TheDonis NO's Rafa Benitez expert.

Hoping there's no swerve on this.

Rafa's way out of our league, man, and Lpool fans have been there and still love him. We're so lucky. Mrs is dragging me down there over Easter, so transpiculatory meets are possible.

transpi-what the f***-culatory  :icon_scratch:

It's descriptive of a situation where somebody might get prontonise, if I have to be circumexacular for you. :thup:

Thanks, man. It is all singledutchiness now.

:lol: Pleased to clear that up, m8.

The vast majority of west brom fans waiting to pulis out btw judging polls and Twitter.  They detest his football as can be seen by the crowds at the hawthorn.

Also pulis went in the huff about their lack of spend in the summer. 

The statement was "we'll need to spend £100million to avoid fighting relegation."

My argument: West Brom are full of shite players, have a shite manager, and don't spend very much... they're 8th. Absolutely miles away from the relegation battle.

Load of rubbish, man.

How is it?

Burnley then. Spent £20-30million this season, comfortably staying up.

Like I keep saying, the overall point is you don't have to spend shitloads on quality players to stay in the Premier League.

Guest neesy111

Burnley are doing what Norwich did and few other clubs have done.  Go up with loads of confidence have a good 1st season despite having zero quality, and then get relegated either next season or the next.

Our cup game vs Hull showed how far away from the PL we were.

Burnley are doing what Norwich did and few other clubs have done.  Go up with loads of confidence have a good 1st season despite having zero quality, and then get relegated either next season or the next.

We should have beaten Hull really comfortably.  We were a lot better than them.  We had 32 shots ffs.

We outplayed them and if we took our chances would have won comfortably.

outplayed them, then sels' brain farted.

Guest neesy111

We hardly created nothing in terms of good chances in the 90 mins.  I remember their GK having 2 saves to make in normal time.

Guest neesy111

We should have beaten Hull really comfortably.  We were a lot better than them.  We had 32 shots ffs.

Again, in the 90 mins i dont recall their GK making many saves. 

We hardly created nothing in terms of good chances in the 90 mins.  I remember their GK having 2 saves to make in normal time.

Their goalkeeper was the man of the match, we had 32 shots. Our finishing was poor, but we should have won that game comfortably.

Again, in the 90 mins i dont recall their GK making many saves. 

He made a few, including one very good save from Gayle.

Poor finishing also includes missing the target.

Well I couldn't disagree more with that, not that Hull are a particularly compelling example of Premier League quality. We easily matched them IMO.

Guest neesy111

Well I couldn't disagree more with that, not that Hull are a particularly compelling example of Premier League quality. We easily matched them IMO.

It depends what you call good chances imo.  We dominated Hull in every department but i think they felt safe and were happy for us to play that way.  We should had won after ET mind, some ridiculous chances missed.

Btw I'm not using a stick against benitez,  i just think we squad wise are far away from PL quality.

It depends what you call good chances imo.  We dominated Hull in every department but i think they felt safe and were happy for us to play that way.  We should had won after ET mind, some ridiculous chances missed.

Parts in bold = Nessy logic.