Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Guest neesy111

It's harsh on Gayle after what he's done this season mind.

Gayle will still score goals but he's a long way from what Torres was for Liverpool. He's more of a poacher, Torres could lead the line much better.

I agree, I'm just saying it's harsh on him in general.

I just hope these hamstring injuries hasn't just pummeled Gayle's ability to get behind, he's looked off the pace - mind you his goal Saturday was a classic Gayle goal for us.

Harsh on him, yes, but if we signed a top class 20m+ striker I wouldn't be complaining.

Gayle's contribution to overall play is underrated, mind. He's actually very good at leading the line as this level. The PL is a different ask, obviously.

:thup: Was pleasantly surprised with how physical he was plus he's got a canny leap for a wee man. Certainly wins his fair share of longer balls against big centre halves.

I just hope these hamstring injuries hasn't just pummeled Gayle's ability to get behind, he's looked off the pace - mind you his goal Saturday was a classic Gayle goal for us.

Harsh on him, yes, but if we signed a top class 20m+ striker I wouldn't be complaining.

it's imperative we do tbh, and a #10 upgrade as well

TheDonis NO's Rafa Benitez expert.

Hoping there's no swerve on this.

Rafa's way out of our league, man, and Lpool fans have been there and still love him. We're so lucky. Mrs is dragging me down there over Easter, so transpiculatory meets are possible.

transpi-what the fuck-culatory  :icon_scratch:

It's descriptive of a situation where somebody might get prontonise, if I have to be circumexacular for you. :thup:

A bloke on TS has just said we need to spend £200m :spit:

That would just about get us fighting for a European place. We probably need to spend a 100m not to be fighting relegation.

your probs right- but I doubt Ashley allow more than a £20-£30m net spend.

That would just about get us fighting for a European place. We probably need to spend a 100m not to be fighting relegation.

I hope you're wrong because we'll be spending our season in a relegation battle if that's the case.

There are still plenty of very expensive players doing fuck all at clubs and perfectly cheap ones doing great things. There is so much poor judgement and dumb luck in the transfer market that it's impossible to boil it down to pure numbers. You need to buy well, sometimes that means paying a lot, sometimes it can be a bargain, and I'd take decent judgement deciding the transfers over a huge amount of money any day of the week (in case anyone has forgotten who won the premier league last season).

Having said that know a few liverpool fans who caution me on Rafa's transfer judgement, and more so not convinced there won't be chronic undermining of his transfer targets by under bidding and letting Carr have a say by the club.

Guest neesy111

[emoji38] Such bollocks. So if we spend £90m we'll be right in the relegation dogfight, will we?

Pulis's West Brom are 8th.

You do know we are in championship right?

Love it if football were as simple as 'x spend' will have us top 6. No doubt there'll be fewm everywhere when we haven't spent £150m by July.

Exactly, it's been proven plenty of times that it isn't anywhere near as simple as "spend this and you finish here."

We need to sign at least one good defender, at least one good midfielder (probably two) and at least one good attacker. Fuck knows how much they're going to cost; £25m each? Of course not, just spend sensibly on decent, affordable players.

In terms of incomings, that's the absolute bare minimum we'll need to survive. Baring in mind Rafa will be in the dugout.

I hope you're wrong because we'll be spending our season in a relegation battle if that's the case.

I hope Im wrong.

I think Im not.

Guest neesy111

The vast majority of west brom fans waiting to pulis out btw judging polls and Twitter.  They detest his football as can be seen by the crowds at the hawthorn.

Also pulis went in the huff about their lack of spend in the summer. 

The vast majority of west brom fans waiting to pulis out btw judging polls and Twitter.  They detest his football as can be seen by the crowds at the hawthorn.

The statement was "we'll need to spend £100million to avoid fighting relegation."

My argument: West Brom are full of shite players, have a shite manager, and don't spend very much... they're 8th. Absolutely miles away from the relegation battle.

After a quick look, they've got a net spend of about £36/37million over the last two seasons. They've bought well in Rondon, Evans, Chadli, Phillips and built a crux that's got them comfortably into the 'good enough to keep their heads well above the relegation zone' zone. Meanwhile they've got the likes of McClean and Brunt stinking up the team and their top scorer is a defender.

Will we fuck need to spend anything like £100m net.

Love it if football were as simple as 'x spend' will have us top 6. No doubt there'll be fewm everywhere when we haven't spent £150m by July.

Exactly, it's been proven plenty of times that it isn't anywhere near as simple as "spend this and you finish here."

We need to sign at least one good defender, at least one good midfielder (probably two) and at least one good attacker. Fuck knows how much they're going to cost; £25m each? Of course not, just spend sensibly on decent, affordable players.

In terms of incomings, that's the absolute bare minimum we'll need to survive. Baring in mind Rafa will be in the dugout.

Wage bill does generally show what part of the league you will finish in

The statement was "we'll need to spend £100million to avoid fighting relegation."

My argument: West Brom are full of shite players, have a shite manager, and don't spend very much... they're 8th. Absolutely miles away from the relegation battle.

Pulis is a good manager

Whatever. He's an egotistical bully and a one-trick-pony to boot. His teams are always difficult to play against but he's got nowt new or original that really gets opposition scratching their heads.

The point I'm making is that you don't have to be a class team with a really expensive squad to keep your heads well above water.

I'm with Heron, 3 or 4 first teamers is what I expect and isn't even particularly unprecedented under Ashley. One or two frees and/or youngsters to make up the others. £12-14m range for the first teamers, circa £70m total spend.

All that matters is the manager gets what he thinks he needs.

Guest neesy111

Pulis is a good manager

Agreed.

Despite spitting his dummy he got down to good work and west brom i to being best of the rest minus Everton.