Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

More important than Joe Harvey? Nah.

Colin Veitch ?

Think that's one for Mick. :lol:

He was better than Lee Ryder.

Who isn't? He was a proper polymath, think Stephen Fry but playing football really well for us, winning stuff, and pissing people off, then going off and being a fucking war hero, coming back and pissing people off again. That guy is one of my heroes.

:lol: You were probably in the trenches with him, Mick. I just missed it.

It gets overlooked but he let quite a few players just leave who I think many managers would have forced to stay. Anyone who wasn't 100% on board was either loaned out or sold - it was all about building a functional squad who want to play with each other and for the club. He clearly gets it and I cannot fathom how any Newcastle fan could hold a grudge against him to this point.

Guessing different people have different viewpoints on the expectations of manager with their resources etc.

For example, I've met 2 Liverpool fans today who don't rate him that highly despite what happened in Istanbul.

I work there a lot and many would swap him for Klopp tomorrow if they could, he is more than just their KK to us like! They reason that under their current owners and how they spend today he would win them the league.

That's some utter shit there.

Klopp has a £20m profit on transfers and Rodgers hardly spent massive amounts considering the money they recouped.

I wonder how their careers will compare with Rafa's at the end of the day?

It gets overlooked but he let quite a few players just leave who I think many managers would have forced to stay. Anyone who wasn't 100% on board was either loaned out or sold - it was all about building a functional squad who want to play with each other and for the club. He clearly gets it and I cannot fathom how any Newcastle fan could hold a grudge against him to this point.

Guessing different people have different viewpoints on the expectations of manager with their resources etc.

For example, I've met 2 Liverpool fans today who don't rate him that highly despite what happened in Istanbul.

I work there a lot and many would swap him for Klopp tomorrow if they could, he is more than just their KK to us like! They reason that under their current owners and how they spend today he would win them the league.

That's some utter s*** there.

Klopp has a £20m profit on transfers and Rodgers hardly spent massive amounts considering the money they recouped.

I wonder how their careers will compare with Rafa's at the end of the day?

Klopp will win things and be up there. The question is whether his teams have the defensive solidity to win trophies frequently. It's still the big unanswered question for us.

As for Brodgie, no way. Good coach and I have a soft spot for him despite the almost limitless self regard. But his teams truly cannot defend. That season we nearly won the title was amazing but it was built on sand (and Suarez), not a recipe for sustained success.

He's staying and been giving full control on transfers according to Martin Hardy in Times.

Bring back Ben Arfa!

What's the budget though, could well be given full control but has to raise the money from sales (doubt it cos doubt benitez would give assurances he'll stay if he's not given funds). I also just fear him handing a list to the human thumb and him failing miserably at getting them

He's staying and been giving full control on transfers according to Martin Hardy in Times.

Bring back Ben Arfa!

Martin Hardy is fairly well connected iirc.

My biggest fear is that there'll be a fall out this summer. Its ok the club saying that he's got control but we all know that what they say and what they deliver are two completely different things. Rafa won't stand for any of that nonsense. They need him more than he needs them. He bucks the managerial trend under Ashley's reign and I fear Ashley won't like that.

We really need something to kick off over at Sports Direct to divert the fat cunt's attention and leave those running the club to be directed by Rafa because the minute he gets involved it all goes to shit.

Rafa Benitez is set to stay at Newcastle next season, with the club on the brink of an immediate return to the Premier League.

Newcastle moved 10 points clear of third-placed Huddersfield at the top of the Championship table with their 2-1 victory at St James’ Park yesterday, with just seven games left in the campaign.

Benitez will be handed the funds to strengthen his squad in the summer and looks set to retain the same level of control he enjoyed following relegation, when he was allowed to rebuild the first team squad.

The move will be enough to convince the 56-year-old that he can build on the success he has enjoyed in his first full season at the club, thus ending the interest of West Ham, who lost again yesterday at Hull.

Benitez has told friends he is happy at St James’ Park, feels wanted and believes the club can grow into one capable of challenging for a European place over time, if the correct structure is in place.

The Spaniard had been undermined in the January transfer window, when moves for Andros Townsend and James McCarthy were blocked. The former Liverpool, Real Madrid and Valencia manager believed he would be given the finances to continue rebuilding the side, following relegation last summer, after raising £30 million in his transfer dealings.

However, increased involvement from the chief scout Graham Carr and the Newcastle owner Mike Ashley led to major concerns about whether Benitez would see out the remaining two years of the three-year deal he signed last summer.

The Spaniard was deeply unhappy at the unforeseen change in control at the top of the club. Previously he had been given the final say on transfers, along with the managing director Lee Charnley.

That provoked suggestion he would leave at the end of the season and he refused to commit beyond this campaign when he was asked at the start of February.

However, he is set to regain the control that proved successful last summer, when Newcastle overhauled their dressing room, and raised almost £90 million through the sale of players, including £30 million for Moussa Sissoko and £25 million for Georginio Wijnaldum and spent near to £60 million to fashion a squad that now looks set for promotion.

Bring back Ben Arfa!

Martin Hardy is fairly well connected iirc.

My biggest fear is that there'll be a fall out this summer. Its ok the club saying that he's got control but we all know that what they say and what they deliver are two completely different things. Rafa won't stand for any of that nonsense. They need him more than he needs them. He bucks the managerial trend under Ashley's reign and I fear Ashley won't like that.

We really need something to kick off over at Sports Direct to divert the fat cunt's attention and leave those running the club to be directed by Rafa because the minute he gets involved it all goes to shit.

It's obvious that Ashley was considering giving Carr more say at some point, but maybe seeing what happened at Derby with McClaren has brought him back to his senses. Some people have short memories, but that was a decent reminder of what happens when you put incompetents in control.

Rafa Benitez is set to stay at Newcastle next season, with the club on the brink of an immediate return to the Premier League.

Newcastle moved 10 points clear of third-placed Huddersfield at the top of the Championship table with their 2-1 victory at St James’ Park yesterday, with just seven games left in the campaign.

Benitez will be handed the funds to strengthen his squad in the summer and looks set to retain the same level of control he enjoyed following relegation, when he was allowed to rebuild the first team squad.

The move will be enough to convince the 56-year-old that he can build on the success he has enjoyed in his first full season at the club, thus ending the interest of West Ham, who lost again yesterday at Hull.

Benitez has told friends he is happy at St James’ Park, feels wanted and believes the club can grow into one capable of challenging for a European place over time, if the correct structure is in place.

The Spaniard had been undermined in the January transfer window, when moves for Andros Townsend and James McCarthy were blocked. The former Liverpool, Real Madrid and Valencia manager believed he would be given the finances to continue rebuilding the side, following relegation last summer, after raising £30 million in his transfer dealings.

However, increased involvement from the chief scout Graham Carr and the Newcastle owner Mike Ashley led to major concerns about whether Benitez would see out the remaining two years of the three-year deal he signed last summer.

The Spaniard was deeply unhappy at the unforeseen change in control at the top of the club. Previously he had been given the final say on transfers, along with the managing director Lee Charnley.

That provoked suggestion he would leave at the end of the season and he refused to commit beyond this campaign when he was asked at the start of February.

However, he is set to regain the control that proved successful last summer, when Newcastle overhauled their dressing room, and raised almost £90 million through the sale of players, including £30 million for Moussa Sissoko and £25 million for Georginio Wijnaldum and spent near to £60 million to fashion a squad that now looks set for promotion.

Thanks for posting this Tron

Not sure how seriously to take it, but it makes me feel better anyway.

Not sure how seriously to take it, but it makes me feel better anyway.

Take it for what it is, at least the times have some repute.

I'd rather hear he's staying that he's leaving, although I hope we don't have the same circus as last year

Guest neesy111

It's pathetic we have to see and wait if our manager is to have full control of transfers etc.  Should already be the case.

west ham link has me amused like, assuming we go up why would we be in the slightest bit worried about rafa jumping to west ham, they're still the shitty club they've always been

ashley pushing him out is a different matter but can't see why any manager would leave us to go to west ham unless they simply love lahndan so much it hurts

Guest neesy111

Even though you've never liked him?

What's that got to with it?  I'm talking about the manager in general.  Manager should always be in control of transfers and be able to shape the squad to how they want it within budgets they are given.