Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

However, the answer to Newcastle’s prayers could come from anywhere, especially when The Bishop boasts an “address book that has been compared with a particularly hefty volume of the Encyclopedia Britannica” and “counts as his friends and clients everyone from archaeologists to zoologists … while he inspires a fierce loyalty, admiration and affection, even in such a cut-throat and instantly changeable industry.” Two other football clubs with a history of good PR relations in recent years, the Pope’s Newc O’Rangers and Nasty Leeds, are also listed as clients on The Bishop’s website along with – among others – the remarkable triumvirate of Sky Sports reporter David Craig, Nancy Dell’Olio and Hulk Hogan. Whatever happens Newcastle fans, don’t worry, your club is in good hands.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/mar/07/the-fiver-newcastle-steve-mcclaren

He's probably going through his address book now and offering incentives for people to join the PR battle against Rafa.

Yes, it's Rafa that's to blame for the removal of the buzz. It's nothing at all to do with the lack of spending, the quality of the signings and the quality of the squad. It's the manager describing it to the fans who pay for it, both of whom have been lied to time and time again. Honestly, how people can put the negativity on Rafa is crazy to me.

Because, as much as I love Rafa to bits, he's allowed to be criticised sometimes. Did you read what I said at all? It's obviously Ashley's fault at the heart of it, but you can't tell me morale amongst fans (and probably players) would be this bad had we not been fed leaks all summer?

<b>A</b>he's never outwardly said the players aren't good enough though. <b>B</b>He isn't responsible for fan morale, and that makes no difference to performances a anyway. <b>C</b>His job is to get the best for NUFC and he's trying to do that

A) Yes he has...he has repeatedly said that the players coming in aren't necessarily the players he wanted.

B) Errr, I would say that's a pretty big part of his job.

C) No doubt he's trying to do what is right...I just happen to disagree with his overly negative stance/leaks.

I'll repeat, I love Rafa and think for the most part he's doing to best job he can...just not in this instance.

So would you prefer if he pretends everythings great and that he's not been lied to?

We used go mad at how negative Pardew was about the club, transfers and not being able to compete with other teams, trying to sell players, his tactics (Rafa's aren't exactly great right now), which the media fucking ignored and told us we were expecting too much, and we were being unfair on the bag of shite.

Now we back Rafa on this and everybody is wrong again, get to fuck. I might add imo, i do actually think Rafa is being overly negative imo, but not to the extent the shit stirring cunts are making out. He's angry at being let down, and so he should be as he's been feed bullshit, again.

Us backing him is probably why he hasn't walked yet, Sky wants us to turn on him so he does, just so they can have their massive story and us to get slagged off yet again, expecting too much from our honest and generous owner. Cunts.

Sky can't wait for NUFC to reprise it's role as the biggest circus in town, if they can egg it on a little bit and get the less edumacated on board the boo train then all the better.

Aye, clear agenda imo. Started when Ashley's cunt mate who came in a couple of weeks ago, then the interview and broken promises on money, Sky backing Ashley all the way.

Yes and I've had to defend Rafa to other supporters today who have basically repeated verbatim that it's his fault moral is low. Hate that average Joe takes Sky as gospel that cannot be questioned, it's infuriating!

Aye drives you mad, i get it every day living down here, just a stream of ignorant cunts who believe all the shit spouted about us.

I do think Rafa is being a tad negative, i don't think it's affecting the team though, but why would that be ? Oh yeah, just ignore what Ashley and his cronies are doing. Drives me so mad.

I'm North West so a little way out the catchment area for NUFC fans but I am surrounded by Man u, Liverpool, Man City, etc and tbh amongst the big sides I have had a lot of sympathy from the supporters, it's the minnows and the southern supporters that have issue with cliche.

I agree, Rafa is being negative, if go as far as to say it might even have affected the team spirit, how would it not? But what other choice does he have? He doesn't have council with Ashley directly and I'll bet you the mortgage on my house that sniveling arse lick Penfold won't stand up to the fat bastard. His only way of getting it across to the lying kniving twat is to get the media involved. For all his hard man act, Ashley is a spoilt little fat shit of a kid who doesn't like nasty things being said about him and I believe he'd genuinely actively avoid another fan backlash. He's rolled the dice on squad investment and he's rolled the dice on his little Sky cameo in a hope that he can keep supporters on side and from a lot of what I've read on social media it's worked "he's being honest" "he can't spend 200m like city" etc... hook, line and stinker!

Guest firetotheworks

Yes, it's Rafa that's to blame for the removal of the buzz. It's nothing at all to do with the lack of spending, the quality of the signings and the quality of the squad. It's the manager describing it to the fans who pay for it, both of whom have been lied to time and time again. Honestly, how people can put the negativity on Rafa is crazy to me.

Because, as much as I love Rafa to bits, he's allowed to be criticised sometimes. Did you read what I said at all? It's obviously Ashley's fault at the heart of it, but you can't tell me morale amongst fans (and probably players) would be this bad had we not been fed leaks all summer?

<b>A</b>he's never outwardly said the players aren't good enough though. <b>B</b>He isn't responsible for fan morale, and that makes no difference to performances a anyway. <b>C</b>His job is to get the best for NUFC and he's trying to do that

A) Yes he has...he has repeatedly said that the players coming in aren't necessarily the players he wanted.

C) No doubt he's trying to do what is right...I just happen to disagree with his overly negative stance/leaks.

I'll repeat, I love Rafa and think for the most part he's doing to best job he can...just not in this instance.

So would you prefer if he pretends everythings great and that he's not been lied to?

Yes, absolutely. I'd prefer he dealt with issues in house and didn't make them public knowledge, which only results in ammunition for the press and a drop in fan morale.

Come on man. It's not rocket science.

Not sure why you keep thinking that people don't understand what you're saying. It's that you're saying it that people can't understand. You'd basically rather not know that shit is going on behind the scenes and be blissfully unaware that there are still serious problems. Naturally some people think that that's a bit odd.

There was shitloads of speculation in the press about things going badly behind the scenes before Benitez had his say. Literally weeks of it, with no quotes.

I guess everything was fine at that point.

We used go mad at how negative Pardew was about the club, transfers and not being able to compete with other teams, trying to sell players, his tactics (Rafa's aren't exactly great right now), which the media f***ing ignored and told us we were expecting too much, and we were being unfair on the bag of s****.

Now we back Rafa on this and everybody is wrong again, get to f***. I might add imo, i do actually think Rafa is being overly negative imo, but not to the extent the s*** stirring c***s are making out. He's angry at being let down, and so he should be as he's been feed bullshit, again.

Us backing him is probably why he hasn't walked yet, Sky wants us to turn on him so he does, just so they can have their massive story and us to get slagged off yet again, expecting too much from our honest and generous owner. c***s.

Sky can't wait for NUFC to reprise it's role as the biggest circus in town, if they can egg it on a little bit and get the less edumacated on board the boo train then all the better.

Aye, clear agenda imo. Started when Ashley's c*** mate who came in a couple of weeks ago, then the interview and broken promises on money, Sky backing Ashley all the way.

They want us to fail. TF podcast pointed this out; why else would we be on TV in August-November more than Chelsea, Man City and Arsenal?

Guest firetotheworks

Yes, absolutely. I'd prefer he dealt with issues in house and didn't make them public knowledge, which only results in ammunition for the press and a drop in fan morale.

Not sure why you keep thinking that people don't understand what you're saying. It's that you're saying it that people can't understand. You'd basically rather not know that s*** is going on behind the scenes and be blissfully unaware that there are still serious problems. Naturally some people think that that's a bit odd.

People clearly don't understand what I'm saying because I'm having to repeat myself.

I personally think it's odd to want to know / expect to know the ins and outs of disagreements that would normally be kept behind closed doors in any other football club or business, especially when your desire to know that information is achieving absolutely fuck all of note, other than driving everyone insane.

They're not disagreements though, this is Ashley lying again. Lying to us, lying to Rafa, just as he has done time and time again in the past. If you'd rather be blissfully unaware then godspeed, but IF there are problems that affect the fans and the fans are being mislead and lied to, then they should absolutely know, yes. Why you'd prefer to buy into or emotionally invest in lies makes no sense.

We used go mad at how negative Pardew was about the club, transfers and not being able to compete with other teams, trying to sell players, his tactics (Rafa's aren't exactly great right now), which the media fucking ignored and told us we were expecting too much, and we were being unfair on the bag of shite.

Now we back Rafa on this and everybody is wrong again, get to fuck. I might add imo, i do actually think Rafa is being overly negative imo, but not to the extent the shit stirring cunts are making out. He's angry at being let down, and so he should be as he's been feed bullshit, again.

Us backing him is probably why he hasn't walked yet, Sky wants us to turn on him so he does, just so they can have their massive story and us to get slagged off yet again, expecting too much from our honest and generous owner. Cunts.

Aye, clear agenda imo. Started when Ashley's cunt mate who came in a couple of weeks ago, then the interview and broken promises on money, Sky backing Ashley all the way.

Yes and I've had to defend Rafa to other supporters today who have basically repeated verbatim that it's his fault moral is low. Hate that average Joe takes Sky as gospel that cannot be questioned, it's infuriating!

Aye drives you mad, i get it every day living down here, just a stream of ignorant cunts who believe all the shit spouted about us.

I do think Rafa is being a tad negative, i don't think it's affecting the team though, but why would that be ? Oh yeah, just ignore what Ashley and his cronies are doing. Drives me so mad.

I'm North West so a little way out the catchment area for NUFC fans but I am surrounded by Man u, Liverpool, Man City, etc and tbh amongst the big sides I have had a lot of sympathy from the supporters, it's the minnows and the southern supporters that have issue with cliche.

I agree, Rafa is being negative, if go as far as to say it might even have affected the team spirit, how would it not? But what other choice does he have? He doesn't have council with Ashley directly and I'll bet you the mortgage on my house that sniveling arse lick Penfold won't stand up to the fat bastard. His only way of getting it across to the lying kniving twat is to get the media involved. For all his hard man act, Ashley is a spoilt little fat shit of a kid who doesn't like nasty things being said about him and I believe he'd genuinely actively avoid another fan backlash. He's rolled the dice on squad investment and he's rolled the dice on his little Sky cameo in a hope that he can keep supporters on side and from a lot of what I've read on social media it's worked "he's being honest" "he can't spend 200m like city" etc... hook, line and stinker!

:sadnod:

We used go mad at how negative Pardew was about the club, transfers and not being able to compete with other teams, trying to sell players, his tactics (Rafa's aren't exactly great right now), which the media f***ing ignored and told us we were expecting too much, and we were being unfair on the bag of s****.

Now we back Rafa on this and everybody is wrong again, get to f***. I might add imo, i do actually think Rafa is being overly negative imo, but not to the extent the s*** stirring c***s are making out. He's angry at being let down, and so he should be as he's been feed bullshit, again.

Us backing him is probably why he hasn't walked yet, Sky wants us to turn on him so he does, just so they can have their massive story and us to get slagged off yet again, expecting too much from our honest and generous owner. c***s.

Aye, clear agenda imo. Started when Ashley's c*** mate who came in a couple of weeks ago, then the interview and broken promises on money, Sky backing Ashley all the way.

They want us to fail. TF podcast pointed this out; why else would we be on TV in August-November more than Chelsea, Man City and Arsenal?

Yeah they do, they want drama and crisis with us. Sometimes i hate modern football, for so many things, too many to list to be honest. Sky are right up there though.

Guest chopey

FFS man Ashley is a multi-Billionaire and he has convinced people that he's got nowt and a club like Newcastle can't compete with Brighton and Huddersfield.

Guest firetotheworks

Not sure why you keep thinking that people don't understand what you're saying. It's that you're saying it that people can't understand. You'd basically rather not know that s*** is going on behind the scenes and be blissfully unaware that there are still serious problems. Naturally some people think that that's a bit odd.

People clearly don't understand what I'm saying because I'm having to repeat myself.

I personally think it's odd to want to know / expect to know the ins and outs of disagreements that would normally be kept behind closed doors in any other football club or business, especially when your desire to know that information is achieving absolutely f*** all of note, other than driving everyone insane.

They're not disagreements though, this is Ashley lying again. Lying to us, lying to Rafa, just as he has done time and time again in the past. If you'd rather be blissfully unaware then godspeed, but IF there are problems that affect the fans and the fans are being mislead and lied to, then they should absolutely know, yes. Why you'd prefer to buy into or emotionally invest in lies makes no sense.

I completely get that viewpoint, but don't necessarily share it.

What exactly has been achieved by all of this coming out in the press?

Knowing the truth in those circumstances is better than not, for a start. Increased respect for Rafa (in my case at least) and what he's up against. Beyond that, I would think that it's yet to come from the likes of TrueFaith, The Mag, AshleyOut etc who now have a head start for when it inevitably all hits the fan.

I personally think it's odd to want to know / expect to know the ins and outs of disagreements that would normally be kept behind closed doors in any other football club or business, especially when your desire to know that information is achieving absolutely f*** all of note, other than driving everyone insane.

Ashley has come under pressure to buy some players fit for the Premier league. I'm sure he'd prefer not to be under that pressure, but as a fan I'm happy that it's there because without it we are in danger of relegation again.

FFS man Ashley is a multi-Billionaire and he has convinced people that he's got nowt and a club like Newcastle can't compete with Brighton and Huddersfield.

Hey, sounds like you want to avoid a third relegation in ten years AND to try and build on somehow having a manager with a long history of winning titles and cups.

Typically deluded Geordie fucker. Know your place.

Hey, sounds like you want to avoid a third relegation in ten years AND to try and build on somehow having a proven manager with a history of winning titles and cups.

Typically deluded Geordie fucker. Know your place.

Amazingly that doesn't take too many brain cells to understand, yet the fat idiot fails. And somehow it's Rafas and our fault  :lol:

One of the reasons so many on here were so happy we got Rafa on board was because we knew he wasn't going to settle for avoiding relegation. It seemed like Ashley had finally turned a corner and made an ambitious appointment. Now when Rafa does what we wanted him here for, push for higher standards, we get people criticising him for it. Honestly man, this is one of the best managers in world football. Would we rather have another yes man in place?

Not sure why you keep thinking that people don't understand what you're saying. It's that you're saying it that people can't understand. You'd basically rather not know that shit is going on behind the scenes and be blissfully unaware that there are still serious problems. Naturally some people think that that's a bit odd.

:lol: Nail on head.

I guess not knowing Ashley like we do he was trying to loosen the purse strings. Afaik they've only met once and talked on the phone once...I mean doesn't that seem rather strange? I suppose in his defence he has been spending a lot of time convincing people that SD warehouse wasn't being run under Victorian conditions.  :lol:

Just read Carragher's comments (for some reason) and he doesn't even know what he's saying himself:

• There's no buzz about us, unlike other promoted clubs.
  • But we are judged differently, because we're a Premier League club.
  • He feels for Rafa with some of the signings and maybe a lack of funds.
  • However, they are not the worst in the league.
  • Manquillo went down with Sunderland and Joselu couldn't get a game for Stoke.
  • But Joselu is better than what we had before.
  • Rafa's built a Championship team to get out of the Championship.
  • And he hasn't really got Premier League players at the moment.
  • Benitez is a god to Newcastle fans now, it was clear from the way we were chanting for him.
  • But we weren't chanting for the players.

And his conclusion is we've lost both matches without scoring yet because Rafa is being too negative.

What?