Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Carragher has made good comments about the fans and the club before in his defence. He understood that our fans don't expect to win things, we just want a club that tries and to have hope again etc.

Carragher has made good comments about the fans and the club before in his defence. He understood that our fans don't expect to win things, we just want a club that tries and to have hope again etc.

He's also perpetuated the Sky position that because we haven't won anything in a long time, we can't and won't win anything again and should know our place.

This Rafa is moaning is a faux narrative delivered on a plate for the numpties to discuss. We shouldn't even give it any credence whatsoever. You get back into the most lucrative league on the planet and then don't make sure you don't lose your place in it again. Ashley is actually costing himself money with this stance.

This Rafa is moaning is a faux narrative delivered on a plate for the numpties to discuss. We shouldn't even give it any credence whatsoever. You get back into the most lucrative league on the planet and then don't make sure you don't lose your place in it again. Ashley is actually costing himself money with this stance.

Correct. Welcome back to the PL, where Sky and TalkSport talk shit about you non-stop.

Someone at Sky clearly told Carragher to do this imo.

Talksport

Sky

The Sun

*cough* all newscorp *cough*

That doesn't tally with the Mirror reporter trying to stick up Ashley on that Sky Sports backpage thing on Sunday morning, and all the others saying it was Ashley's fault though.

Actually don't think it's a newscorp thing, more a every dumb fucker just repeats utter lazy bollocks about us, for the last god knows how many years.

:laugh:

Sunday morning isn't the same as Monday. Just strikes me as a massive coincidence they're suddenly all saying the same thing.

Ah i see, well for me it's sheep following sheep, although i wouldn't be shocked at all if you're right.

Horrendous. Fair play to Mark Douglas.

Strange comment, seeing as you apparently agree?

That's a different Chris Billany by the way. :lol:

I'm clearly preaching to the wrong echo chamber here, but it all boils down to whether you think Rafa leaking the issues has had a positive or negative effect. Clearly, to me, it's been counter productive.

Everyone knows whose fault it all really is, and I'm not denying that at all. Ashley is f***ing up, yet again, but it's so obvious to me (and a lot of other people to be fair), that the negative sound bites all summer have essentially removed all excitement for the new season and given everyone a ready made excuse for, for example, not getting a result at places like Huddersfield. Rafa must shoulder some responsibility for that.

I don't know. I know everyone on here loves Rafa, as I do, and hates what Ashley has done / is doing, but it doesn't ALWAYS have to be so tribal when someone criticises Rafa like. He's not perfect. He's by far the best we could hope for but he has his flaws too.

I think Rafa is very controversial, but so as other top class manager like Jose Arsene Pep.  They have their belief and always confident that that's the way to succeed. 

I agree with you, Rafa is not free from criticism. Just that we have to accept his bad as well as his good.

We can't even enjoy things whilst he's here. What hope do we actually have?

Supporting this club is absolutely pointless.

:lol: So true

Just gotta channel my inner buddhist and learn to appreciate the moment while it's here. We're in the Prem, with Rafa as our manager, who knows for how long so I'm just gonna enjoy it while I can from here on out  :smitten:

We can't even enjoy things whilst he's here. What hope do we actually have?

Supporting this club is absolutely pointless.

Worrying, putting your head into future threatening  'what ifs', giving a regular stir to keep a pot  of anger-fuelled injustice bubbling over, continuing to wage vendettas and generally be paranoid about other people's intentions, whilst not making life pointless does somewhat take the shine off living. Guess I am saying (and this is a general observation not specifically to do with you SG) It's not just supporting NUFC, like everything " it ain't what you do, it's way that you do it."

The media are just trying to create a Circus again, we are 2 games in and yes it's concerning we have lost 2 games without any goals scored, it's not the end of the world.

He will get it right and will get us results with what he has, I just wish Ashley would let him get on with it. By the sounds of it, money wasn't the only issue, it was timing of signings and just finalising reasonable deals.