Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Guest firetotheworks

Yeah, there are some genuine morons in here like. [emoji38] All new posters as well. Imagine seeing Rafa losing two matches as your opinion's time to shine.

I wonder how happy he is with the transfer window so far. We've got the easy deals done early for squad players, but the key signings we needed still aren't there. We've seen a bid knocked back for Knockaert and it seems we haven't pushed the boat out to get him, and we've seen McCormack (who may have been our target) go to a rival while we struggle to find alternative options. We've also seen zero net spend on players. Something tells me this isn't what Rafa signed up for, and I could see him walking if we go into September without the players we need.

He isn't blameless for the poor team selections, though. He's showing teams too much respect.

I do think quite a few have greatly underestimated the strength of this league (some going so far as to put money on us going undefeated, which is totally asinine), based largely on our experience from 2009/10. It's not remotely the same league it was even six years ago: the PL doesn't exist in a vacuum, its good fortunes do somewhat trickle down. These are teams that are gonna play us tough and push us around.

We may yet go on a roll and I think we've got both the quality in the squad and the right man to lead it. But these early results don't really surprise me all that much.

It's hard to gauge the quality of this division at this point. A lot of teams seem to have foreign managers compared to last time we were here, and they are getting some of the best young prospects on loan from premier sides to give them a touch of class. Other than that, most of them are just hard working and physically superior to the sides we have put out. I think we'll adjust, but some players reputations are going to end up in the bin on the way. Colback, Dummett, Perez, Anita and Shelvey have looked shell shocked so far.

I do think quite a few have greatly underestimated the strength of this league (some going so far as to put money on us going undefeated, which is totally asinine), based largely on our experience from 2009/10. It's not remotely the same league it was even six years ago: the PL doesn't exist in a vacuum, its good fortunes do somewhat trickle down. These are teams that are gonna play us tough and push us around.

We may yet go on a roll and I think we've got both the quality in the squad and the right man to lead it. But these early results don't really surprise me all that much.

It's hard to gauge the quality of this division at this point. A lot of teams seem to have foreign managers compared to last time we were here, and they are getting some of the best young prospects on loan from premier sides to give them a touch of class. Other than that, most of them are just hard working and physically superior to the sides we have put out. I think we'll adjust, but some players reputations are going to end up in the bin on the way. Colback, Dummett, Perez, Anita and Shelvey have looked shell shocked so far.

Or possibly they are not really very good - Perez and Shelvey you could argue have some talent but one is too weak and the other is just too lazy

Yeah, there are some genuine morons in here like. [emoji38] All new posters as well. Imagine seeing Rafa losing two matches as your opinion's time to shine.

That Shinton user is one of the worst for a while

I wonder how happy he is with the transfer window so far. We've got the easy deals done early for squad players, but the key signings we needed still aren't there. We've seen a bid knocked back for Knockaert and it seems we haven't pushed the boat out to get him, and we've seen McCormack (who may have been our target) go to a rival while we struggle to find alternative options. We've also seen zero net spend on players. Something tells me this isn't what Rafa signed up for, and I could see him walking if we go into September without the players we need.

He isn't blameless for the poor team selections, though. He's showing teams too much respect.

This is pretty much how I feel. He's definitely been far too negative though. No Newcastle team should ever lose at home to Huddersfield.

Something that stood out to me yesterday as well was for all the talk of Rafa's methods like having players run drills and systems until they are blue in the face no fucker seemed to have a clue about what they should be doing yesterday. It seemed deliberate to me that Anita and Diame were trying to get in the space between their attack and defence but the rest of the team didn't seem to be looking for them. I'd have also thought Gayle would have been working the channels more, playing on the shoulder of the last defender to get in behind, but I can't remember that happening either.

Was all pretty aimless really.

Awful team selection yesterday, Anita on either wing is just never going to work. Diame seemed completely lost and offered no support to Gayle, the whole team was lopsided and negative, to go this way against Huddersfield at home is slightly worrying but I still think Rafa will sort it out. Desperately need a new left back who can go forward, a right winger, creative midfielder and a striker!

Guest chopey

If the refs in this league are as lenient as that bloke yesterday then Mitro will make a big difference when he comes back

It's not a good league Burnley and Hull proved that last year and we proved that in 2009. The problem is the first 2 games we have played negatively against two teams who were nearly relegated last year on top of the team slection which has been bewildering. It's only 2 games but the the mistakes made in those two teams in selction and tactics has been poor. Rafa will hopefully see put this right on Wednesday and a new winger and striker are made this week also. How Anita and Dummett keep getting a game is bewildering. Do I think it will come together possibly which is a big change from a cople of weeks ago when I would have said probably.

Very arrogant view imo. For me - Burnley are a Championship - they know the league well and the core of it have been promoted twice from comfortably. Hull got in via play-offs.

Not many of our lads seem ready for the division.

I don't think you can blame people for venting frustration after yesterday. To lose in the manner that we did is incredibly disappointing, and perhaps it is a reality check to how this season will be....but we are coming off the back of what was a torrid, embarrassing season. People just want to see the club winning again, and the fact is that these players should be beating the likes of Huddersfield at home.

I love Rafa, but the way he normally sets teams up is more conservative than attack-minded. If we score first in games this season I think we'll be fine, but if we concede first results like Fulham and Huddersfield will become more frequent. The season is still young, and we will pick up at some stage, but we won't run away with it like we did under CH.

Last time I felt as if we had a bigger and more physical side. Carroll, Shola, Nolan, Smith, Saylor, Williamson, Enrique was a powerful FB. Then we had a bit of class for the division Routledge, Jonas, Colo, Lovenkrands.

We need to compete more physically... a lot of that is down to Mitro missing and having 3 useless stooges in midfield (Anita, Colback & Shelvey).

Tiote played a fair bit towards the end of last season and I think we are missing his authority and experience in the middle.

It's not a good league Burnley and Hull proved that last year and we proved that in 2009. The problem is the first 2 games we have played negatively against two teams who were nearly relegated last year on top of the team slection which has been bewildering. It's only 2 games but the the mistakes made in those two teams in selction and tactics has been poor. Rafa will hopefully see put this right on Wednesday and a new winger and striker are made this week also. How Anita and Dummett keep getting a game is bewildering. Do I think it will come together possibly which is a big change from a cople of weeks ago when I would have said probably.

Very arrogant view imo. For me - Burnley are a Championship - they know the league well and the core of it have been promoted twice from comfortably. Hull got in via play-offs.

Not many of our lads seem ready for the division.

What is there to be ready about? If you're Anita, Colback or Perez and you're losing the ball under pressure from stronger, quicker players then I'm not sure they'll ever be ready. That's how I judged Thauvin and I'm getting the same vibe with these lads.

I do think quite a few have greatly underestimated the strength of this league (some going so far as to put money on us going undefeated, which is totally asinine), based largely on our experience from 2009/10. It's not remotely the same league it was even six years ago: the PL doesn't exist in a vacuum, its good fortunes do somewhat trickle down.

The quality's fucking abject, man. Give over. Just look at the Burnley side that won it.

I really hate this 'he knows this league' s***, what is there to know about it? It's a football league with football teams in it, exactly like the Premier League although the standard is lower.

You don't need to have 60 years experience playing or managing in the Chmapionship to do well in it.

Facile view imo.  League nous can be over emphasised but it does exist.

Also, Rafa must get Gamez in for Dummet for Reading. It's inexcusable to keep that shitebag in the team, he just hampers us in every phase of the game.

Personally, I think we'd have a good shout to play a 3-5-2:

-----------------------Sels-----------------

------Lascelles------Chancel-----Clark/Hanley-------

-----------------------Anita-------------------------

Janmaat------Diame--------Shelvey------Ritchie

------------------Gayle-----Mitrovic------------

It will never happen as Rafa loves his 4-2-3-1, but I think we'd be less exposed and gives us a striker partnership. Think one up top will see us struggle in this league.

I really hate this 'he knows this league' s***, what is there to know about it? It's a football league with football teams in it, exactly like the Premier League although the standard is lower.

You don't need to have 60 years experience playing or managing in the Chmapionship to do well in it.

What a load of bollocks.

On your view, Sean Dyce would be a better option to Rafa? Because he has Championship knowledge, that is apparently very different from winning in any other league in the world.

Also, Rafa must get Gamez in for Dummet for Reading. It's inexcusable to keep that shitebag in the team, he just hampers us in every phase of the game.

Personally, I think we'd have a good shout to play a 3-5-2:

-----------------------Sels-----------------

------Lascelles------Chancel-----Clark/Hanley-------

-----------------------Anita-------------------------

Janmaat------Diame--------Shelvey------Ritchie

------------------Gayle-----Mitrovic------------

It will never happen as Rafa loves his 4-2-3-1, but I think we'd be less exposed and gives us a striker partnership. Think one up top will see us struggle in this league.

It's a shame as this really rules out other options that suit the team such as 4-4-2. I think the 4-2-3-1 will click but not the way it's being implimented at the moment. We need to be more attacking, even playing 4-2-3-1 you can do that.

Guest neesy111

What a load of bollocks.

On your view, Sean Dyce would be a better option to Rafa? Because he has Championship knowledge? That is apparently very different from winning in any other league in the world.

felix magath struggled hugely in this league despite his reputation and experience.

What a load of bollocks.

On your view, Sean Dyce would be a better option to Rafa? Because he has Championship knowledge? That is apparently very different from winning in any other league in the world.

felix magath struggled hugely in this league despite his reputation and experience.

Because he was in charge of a faltering Fulham side who sold all of their best players, nothing to do with 'knowing the league'.

Guest neesy111

What a load of bollocks.

Because he was in charge of a faltering Fulham side who sold all of their best players, nothing to do with 'knowing the league'.

They also bought the best striker in the division.

What a load of bollocks.

They also bought the best striker in the division.

And had gaping holes of crap in nearly every other position.

What happens in League One? Do you need a knowledge of League One to suceed?

Why are players like Payet so successful in the Premier League with no experience of it? How did Mourinho ever suceed in any job, he had no experience of the league when he started each role.

Huddersfield have started very well under their manager with no Championship experience.