Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Guest ElCid

Could it be lack of personnel or even lack of trust in personnel?

I do actually think that's a part of it especially after January but the same players are getting results away.

It's one of the problems, we are hampered by injuries to Hayden and Yedlin and all in all our squad is nowhere near as good as many seem to think it is.

I think the players are also still very nervous and apprehensive when playing at home in front of 50,000 moans and groans at every single misplaced pass.

Thing is Mick I would agree but it's not a one off and that's the problem. The away tactics are superb and exactly what is required but they're not working at home and haven't been in a fair portion of games either. The one thing I totally agree is that he was shafted in January.

The operation of a number ten at home is not working but is still being persisted with. We look totally clueless at home and there has to be a reason for that as the same players are getting results away even with the likes of Colback  and gouffran amongst others playing. You need to be on the front foot at home and not playing the same counter attacking game. It works away as teams are more inclined to be attacking leaving space for the ball over the top to play in the likes of Gayle but it then becomes an issue at home as teams are sitting deeper and that option is more limited and actually becomes a hindrance as the ball just comes straight back.

Our issues at home are not as simple as tactics, before Saturday we've had an average of 59% possession which doesn't suggest that we just hoof it, like we did yesterday.  Our average possession figure suggests that we're a team that is patient in the build up.  Our previous 4 home defeats have seen us have 65%, 68%, 66% and 64%.  Saturday was a one off in that respect and the only time we've been taken apart at home this season.

It's one of the problems, we are hampered by injuries to Hayden and Yedlin and all in all our squad is nowhere near as good as many seem to think it is.

I think the players are also still very nervous and apprehensive when playing at home in front of 50,000 moans and groans at every single misplaced pass.

Agreed, look at the difference between the first and second half against Bristol.

Guest ElCid

Don't buy that and if it is the case then the ones who are should be transferred as soon as possible out of the club. I watched the Barcelona game the other day and before the unreal last few minutes  there were a few moans when even Messi misplaced a pass it happens at every ground when things are not going right. It's up to the team to get the crowd going at times like it was during the Keegan and Robson years. The fact that the fat c*** of an owner has nearly totally decimated the club doesn't help mind.

Guest ElCid

Thing is Mick I would agree but it's not a one off and that's the problem. The away tactics are superb and exactly what is required but they're not working at home and haven't been in a fair portion of games either. The one thing I totally agree is that he was shafted in January.

The operation of a number ten at home is not working but is still being persisted with. We look totally clueless at home and there has to be a reason for that as the same players are getting results away even with the likes of Colback  and gouffran amongst others playing. You need to be on the front foot at home and not playing the same counter attacking game. It works away as teams are more inclined to be attacking leaving space for the ball over the top to play in the likes of Gayle but it then becomes an issue at home as teams are sitting deeper and that option is more limited and actually becomes a hindrance as the ball just comes straight back.

Our issues at home are not as simple as tactics, before Saturday we've had an average of 59% possession which doesn't suggest that we just hoof it, like we did yesterday.  Our average possession figure suggests that we're a team that is patient in the build up.  Our previous 4 home defeats have seen us have 65%, 68%, 66% and 64%.  Saturday was a one off in that respect and the only time we've been taken apart at home this season.

Our possession at home is mainly playing sideway balls between the back 4 and away teams sitting deeper will allow you that but totally different away when teams are on top of you. We're not going to agree though which is fine and hopefully we will be still ok at the end of the season with Rafa still in charge.

I've come to the conclusion his strength isn't league management. Too cautious. Over a 38 league season he's only over managed 80 points or more once. A minimum of 12 losses or draws. Certainly the Liverpool team didn't win the title due to too many home draws.

But we will get promoted. If Ashley can show some ambition over the next few years we will become a top 8 side and with Rafa in charge - we should really grab some silverware.

Can't see Ashley matching the ambition.

I think Anita could be in midfield in our next game.

Anita is a better midfielder than he is a rightback...and he's a better rightback than Colback is a midfielder so aye, I'd go for that.

It's a bit 'would you prefer one kick in the bollocks or two?' but it is what it is.

I've come to the conclusion his strength isn't league management. Too cautious. Over a 38 league season he's only over managed 80 points or more once. A minimum of 12 losses or draws. Certainly the Liverpool team didn't win the title due to too many home draws.

But we will get promoted. If Ashley can show some ambition over the next few years we will become a top 8 side and with Rafa in charge - we should really grab some silverware.

Can't see Ashley matching the ambition.

:lol:

I wonder who won him the two league titles in Spain with a club that wasn't one of the big 2?  He didn't win it once which you could put down as a fluke but you don't usually fluke your way to two titles. I guess he could have treated the league season as a cup competition though.

Anita is a better midfielder than he is a rightback...and he's a better rightback than Colback is a midfielder so aye, I'd go for that.

It's a bit 'would you prefer one kick in the bollocks or two?' but it is what it is.

No way. He's a terrible midfielder and an ok right back

Guest chopey

No way. He's a terrible midfielder and an ok right back

Better than Colback and more suited to Shelvey.

My only problem is that he's persisting with colback in midfield. I know the options are limited, but Diame has played better in a deeper role than in #10 for a while now so why not kill two birds with one rock? Its not like colback is any good at defending

Also shows that the decision to send Saivet out on loan was pretty stupid. No doubt in my mind that he wouldve been very useful in this league

Wish we'd at least try 4-4-2 at home.  Diame or Hayden with Shelvey in the middle and Gayle upfront with the Murph. 

not gonna happen though is it?, too much of a one directional manager, not willing to change his outlook.

Wish we'd at least try 4-4-2 at home.  Diame or Hayden with Shelvey in the middle and Gayle upfront with the Murph. 

not gonna happen though is it?, too much of a one directional manager, not willing to change his outlook.

Nah, I don't think he's one dimensional but more meticulous.  I don't think he'll try anything else as a base formation until he's happy that the players know their roles and duties in that formation perfectly.

Nah, I don't think he's one dimensional but more meticulous.  I don't think he'll try anything else as a base formation until he's happy that the players know their roles and duties in that formation perfectly.

He's very one dimentional.its been like this all season.it wont change

This isn't his league. Same way that you've got championship managers who ace it consistently but can't hack it at the next tier.

Hopefully we'll get promoted and he'll be back in his element where he belongs.. ...hopefully still with us  :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Except people don't. Strawmantastic. People take exception to daft comments by our quasi-WUM pal Chris and others who claim were likely to blow it. We have a squad with marginal quality above championship league standard, a top manager who's juggling that with underinvestment in January and yes sometimes a lack of dynamism due to tactics and a mix of those factors. We're top 6 points ahead of third and 9 games left - perfectly fine to take issue with those overly criticising.

:thup:

Guest alijmitchell

We get 9 points in our next 3 games and people will calm again. Fulham are a decent side and we have glaring weaknesses in the team, but we will be fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk